AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-21, 11:10   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Smile Kaichou wa Maid-sama!

I'm very happy to announce that the manga Kaichou wa Maid-sama! aka Maid-sama! in the US has been green lighted for an anime!

From ANN
Quote:
The October issue of Hakusensha's Monthly LaLa magazine will announce on Monday that a television anime adaptation of Hiro Fujiwara's Kaichou wa Maid-sama! shōjo manga has been green-lit. The romantic comedy centers on the student council head named Misaki Ayuzawa who despises the mostly male, slovenly population at her school, which was once an all-boys school. However, Misaki's most handsome schoolmate just discovered her secret — that she works afterschool at a maid café. Tokyopop is publishing the second volume of the manga this month under the Maid Sama! title.
Source: ANN

From wikipedia:
Seika High School, once an all-boys school notorious for its wild students and for generally being a terrifying place for girls, has recently become a co-ed school. With the female population still a minority and living in fear of the over-the-top antics of the males, Misaki Ayuzawa takes it into her own hands to reform the school and allow the girls to feel safe in the rough environment.

Training, studying and even becoming the first female student council president of the school, Misaki has gained a reputation among the male students body as an uptight boy-hating dictator and as a shining hope for the teachers and fellow female students. However, despite her tough-as-nails appearance, she secretly works part-time at a maid cafe in order to support her family. Unfortunately, her hard-earned reputation is threatened when the popular and somewhat impassive Usui Takumi takes an interest in her after discovering her in a maid uniform after school.

I'm very happy they decided to animated this since it's one of my favorite shoujo mangas. I hope they keep the original VA's from the Drama CD, Sanae Kobayashi & Tomokazu Sugita who played the main leads Misaki & Usui respectively for the anime.

Manga thread
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=47942
Old 2009-08-21, 11:12   Link #2
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

wow !! That Great News
Old 2009-08-21, 11:29   Link #3
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Ok yay! Happy to hear about this! Ive read bits and piece of the manga. I hope they keep Tomokazu Sugita as well
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 11:32   Link #4
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I think this warrents a

Wow I really never thought this would happen but now we're getting a anime, great stuff!
Old 2009-08-21, 12:27   Link #5
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Oh my God!! Really?? I'm Excited for some Usui Sexy-ness!! I love this Manga!
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 12:42   Link #6
LKK

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 12:45   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I hope they keep Tomokazu Sugita as well
Indeed. Fingers crossed on that one.
Old 2009-08-21, 16:09   Link #8
Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius

Send a message via Yahoo to Satsuki Yuuhi Ramius
Im not really surprised if Kaichou gets TV animation maybe because since the first time i read the Manga my Intuition said that Kaichou can get TV Anime adaptation.

I hope they use same Seiyuu like in Drama CD
Old 2009-08-21, 16:33   Link #9
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I knew this would happen eventually, thought Dengeki Daisy would get adapted first though.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 16:42   Link #10
War_Lord
Modern Philosopher

I pretty much expected as much, it's a pretty good series once you give it a chance. It's turning out better than Special A anyway.
Old 2009-08-21, 18:06   Link #11
hoofy

1000% agreed on the drama cd VAs ... every single one of them.

I'm looking forward to the animated flustered and blushing Misa-chan
hoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 18:15   Link #12
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I'm not surprised either this is coming since Special A got adapted. I'm not all to hyped about it anyway, the manga has its moments, and some of the middle chapters dragged heavily to me, but its getting back up to snuff. Hopefully, the anime will make it a bit more lively.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 21:28   Link #13
Westlo
Lets be reality

I read the first volume of this and didn't mind it, will more than likely watch a few episodes of the anime. Can anyone list the cast from the drama cd btw? I wonder what studio will end up doing this..
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-21, 21:51   Link #14
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Can anyone list the cast from the drama cd btw?
Spoiler for Cast List, Drama CD version:

/needs to listen to this that has been dumped somewhere in her comp FAST

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 03:10   Link #15
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Sugita Tomokazu and Kobayashi Sanae are very perfect, so yes i'm hoping they stick with the drama CD cast. The only cahange i'll be happy with is if they change Kobayashi Sanae for Maaya Sakamoto.
Old 2009-08-22, 10:40   Link #16
sirn
田舎者言うな

I've heard rumor flying around in 2ch since quite some times that this will be KyoAni's production. The chance is pretty high, since TBS seems to be the main lead for this series (as they did with all KyoAni-Key shows and recently with K-on.)
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 11:26   Link #17
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
I've heard rumor flying around in 2ch since quite some times that this will be KyoAni's production. The chance is pretty high, since TBS seems to be the main lead for this series (as they did with all KyoAni-Key shows and recently with K-on.)
That'll be interesting if it's true especially since they'll take on a shoujo genre.
Old 2009-08-22, 11:33   Link #18
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

KyoAni and shoujo does not mix, unless it's those shoujo manga with a strong moe moe feel. Hidamari Sketch and To-love-Ru was aired on TBS too. Although I will not complain if KyoAni does work on it . If KyoAni does announce they're working on it, I bet you it'll get canceled in 3 weeks.

This was the shoujo manga that was most likely to be made into anime in my opinion, but I wasn't sure whether it would be made (the other one being Otomen, and that's getting a dorama). The target audience should be the same as Ouran. If they give the same effort as BONES gave into Ouran, it would turn out a good comedy.
Old 2009-08-22, 12:21   Link #19
sirn
田舎者言うな

The rumor starts sometimes around the beginning this year, I think. Certain anonymous, who's confirmed to be unrelated to the usual "2ch leak" source, posted in Aota-gai thread saying the next KyoAni's work is gonna be shoujo manga.

Though, I can't remember what's going on after that (it's something about TBS and KyoAni's connection), but somehow many people come to conclusion that the rumor is referring to Kaicho wa Maid-sama! after today's event.

I don't think they'll do it because of the same reason: KyoAni and shoujo does not mix (but still post it because I think it's interesting). The reliability of this "leak" is pretty low too, since the usual "leak" person said he never posted in Aota-gai thread.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 12:30   Link #20
Westlo
Lets be reality

I really don't see how KyoAni and shoujo don't mix, more like KyoAni's fanboys and shoujo don't mix. It's not like Key and moe pandering is all KyoAni can do, imo FMP The Second Raid is a better mecha action series than anything that has came out after it. And I've read Kaicho wa Maid-sama, it's not that hard to adapt lol... any studio could do it... and you could do a lot worse than KyoAni, you would think shoujo fans after years of getting mediocre produced adaptions would jump at the chance of KyoAni doing one.. especially so soon after I.G is doing Reaching You. Anyway I'll like too see KyoAni once again work out of their comfort zone but it's only a rumor so lets see what happens.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, shoujo