AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-07-05, 10:08   Link #21021
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyboy928 View Post
since robot damashii is releasing Tallgeese, so chance are pretty high to see that in MG as well.
i guess out of all these new MG from Wing Gundam, the only one i might not be getting is the Wing itself, since i did have them when they first release in MG, i even have the Wing ver. Ka already. but all the other i will definitely get it.

once they finish release for Wing Gundam, which series will be the next?
personally i hope to see more G-Gundam.
since they are releasing allthose wing master grades right now i wouldnt be surprised to see the tallgeese as well. it just wouldnt make sense not to release it since it had an important role in the entire wing series and endless waltz^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 02:15   Link #21022
GameraBaenre

Took some final pictures of the SD Nightingale. Gallery: http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=2000

Spoiler:
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 02:50   Link #21023
Appel

an attampt of a shenlong to nataku conversion... im sorry, but those wings simply dont work for me in this case >_>
Old 2011-07-06, 05:33   Link #21024
skyboy928

that wing is pretty much the same as Wing Gundam. and it feature 2 dragon head but look like it's the same one from Shenlong, so i guess the only new pcs is the shoulder?
skyboy928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 05:48   Link #21025
Appel

Quote:
that wing is pretty much the same as Wing Gundam. and it feature 2 dragon head but look like it's the same one from Shenlong, so i guess the only new pcs is the shoulder?
apparently :T i really dont like that conversion....

and as it seems my gatlings for the unicorn have arrived. i can pick them up at the post office tomorrow.
its weird though, the postman didnt ring my doorbell, they just left me the note that i can pick it up >:T
Old 2011-07-06, 06:46   Link #21026
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
apparently :T i really dont like that conversion....

and as it seems my gatlings for the unicorn have arrived. i can pick them up at the post office tomorrow.
its weird though, the postman didnt ring my doorbell, they just left me the note that i can pick it up >:T
maybe the gatlings too big for the postman to carry, lol
anyway, i'm getting my package today as well, i always ship it to my work place, so i don't need to go post office for sure. now the only problem for me would be carry that home....... it's 18 lbs of happiness
Old 2011-07-06, 06:57   Link #21027
skyboy928

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameraBaenre View Post
Took some final pictures of the SD Nightingale. Gallery: http://gamerabaenre.com/?p=2000

Spoiler:
i was just wondering where did you get this Nightingale? i can't seem to find it anywhere.

the only one i found is B-Club kit........which is still in pre-order.
Old 2011-07-06, 08:17   Link #21028
Appel

Quote:
i was just wondering where did you get this Nightingale? i can't seem to find it anywhere.

there is an SD nightingale from model comprehend, which is a recast of a resin model.
but i have no idea where to buy it :P
Old 2011-07-06, 08:38   Link #21029
skyboy928

the one i found at HLJ is from B-Club, but the price is so crazy. it's ¥18,720
http://www.hlj.com/product/BCL3000

i wonder how big is this SD nightingale....
Old 2011-07-06, 09:49   Link #21030
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
there is an SD nightingale from model comprehend, which is a recast of a resin model.
but i have no idea where to buy it :P
In short, Chinese Bootleg.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 10:09   Link #21031
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
In short, Chinese Bootleg.
its actually not really a bootleg. model comprehend takes resin model kits and converts them into regular snap fit models. the parts are even molded in color.
they are their own brand.
Old 2011-07-06, 10:18   Link #21032
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
its actually not really a bootleg. model comprehend takes resin model kits and converts them into regular snap fit models. the parts are even molded in color.
they are their own brand.
Just think about this :-

Are those base resin form their own design ?
Old 2011-07-06, 10:46   Link #21033
Appel

Quote:
Just think about this :-

Are those base resin form their own design ?
i dont know if this would actually count as a bootleg... i dont know what kit they based it on, i have never heard of a nightingale resin kit before.
bootleging is making a direct copy in my opinion, like TT hongli is doing it with the recasts of regular bandai models. but in this case they took something totally different and converted it into a snap fit model. thats a lot of work!
and i really dont know anything about that company, maybe they do have the rights to do it?
but honestly, who cares?^^ they give us cheap kits that we cant get otherwise :P as far as i know they also made an amazing HG hi-nu gundam^^

edit: now THIS is a great conversion^^
Old 2011-07-06, 10:57   Link #21034
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
i dont know if this would actually count as a bootleg... i dont know what kit they based it on, i have never heard of a nightingale resin kit before.
http://clubm.blog.shinobi.jp/Category/13/

From 2009, if you read the dates.

Quote:
but honestly, who cares?^^ they give us cheap kits that we cant get otherwise :P as far as i know they also made an amazing HG hi-nu gundam^^
You're right in this sense. The original resin cast is a one-off.
Old 2011-07-06, 11:05   Link #21035
Appel

Quote:
http://clubm.blog.shinobi.jp/Category/13/

From 2009, if you read the dates.

You're right in this sense. The original resin cast is a one-off.
ah i see. interesting, i didnt know about that kit before.
but still, resin kits are expensive and need a lot of work, with this recast you have a cheap alternative and you can still be lazy^^

oh and look what i found on ebay:
http://wbjs6g.bay.livefilestore.com/...%AC.jpg?psid=1

a necklace with the celestial being logo, the emblem of the principality of zeon on the cover (its on the other side of the necklace, too) and wing zero on the cover... its interesting, what people come up with^^
Old 2011-07-06, 12:16   Link #21036
GameraBaenre

Quote:

I had a hard time finding the kit too, but doing a search for "sd nightingale" on ebay found a few sellers in Asia. But yes, MC is a company that recasts resin kits. It's an interesting discussion, pirate copy of a resin kit that; for all intents and purposes, is a pirated copy. Since the original resin, granted is sculpted by someone as their original work, the concept and idea behind it still belongs to Bandai.

I had some interesting conversations with some folks that run the Bandai Hobby Department about piracy and how most modelers see the resin market as a gray area this past weekend at Anime Expo. For instance, a friend of mine took about 2 years or so to sculpt a conversion for the MG GM Quel and turn it into the Gundam Hazel, the guy only made 100 copies of the Hazel to sell to a select group of friends. Bandai still considers such a small production as piracy and highly illegal.

I had the SD Nightingale displayed at Anime Expo and it wasn't until a woman from the Master Grade R&D department pointed it out to her boss about the kit that they had me take it out of the display. Yet I also had the Gouf Custom conversion kit from NeoGrade in the same display case. And they knew it was not a sanctioned Bandai resin kit, but did not request it to be taken down. My best guess is because the SD Nightingale comes from MC which is associated with tt hongli, and that particular company has just been a sore spot for Bandai.
GameraBaenre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-06, 12:43   Link #21037
skyboy928

yay!!! finally receive my package, 7 kits in total, gonna be busy this month. now, when can i get off work......
Old 2011-07-06, 13:24   Link #21038
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
yay!!! finally receive my package, 7 kits in total, gonna be busy this month. now, when can i get off work......
Wow, seven kits? Which ones are they, and were they retail price or at a discount?
Old 2011-07-06, 13:57   Link #21039
skyboy928

well i don't think they are discount......
anyway, they are MG 00 raiser, SD 00 Raiser, MG The-O, MG Musha MK.II, MG Deathscythe Hell, SD Wing, MG Epyon, also got myself couple base stand.
Old 2011-07-06, 19:17   Link #21040
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
well i don't think they are discount......
anyway, they are MG 00 raiser, SD 00 Raiser, MG The-O, MG Musha MK.II, MG Deathscythe Hell, SD Wing, MG Epyon, also got myself couple base stand.
If they're not discount, how much did the total come to? MGs aren't cheap...

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy