AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kashimashi

Notices

Old 2006-01-31, 11:47   Link #441
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

so you want a clinicly clean anime with nothing but things about the main plot ... wouldn't that feel hallow, monologic and 1 dimentionel? ... the interacting characters between (main characters and supporting crew) is the backbone for a good anime ... also even though the interacting doesn't directly interferre with the plot ...

Asuta is NOT solely a comic relief ... he shows what happens if your best friends turn into a cute girl that can nothing but be loved ... the parents are not solely a comic relief (well ...) they are somewhat showing why Hazumu is like he is by simply spoiling him at large (okay ... that the dad is perv could have been left out but thats just so funny) ... the Teacher on the other hand have yet to just some legit reason due to the plots/subplots ... at least yet
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 16:24   Link #442
K-chama

Send a message via AIM to K-chama
Basically Asuta will be acting like this until he realizes Ayuki is around and they end up hooking up simply because they're there.
K-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 20:24   Link #443
JediNight
キズランダム

Judging by the pairing in the OP, I think it's possible they might try to pair up Ayuki and Asuta. Although we have to wonder if Ayuki doesn't already have someone she likes.

PS: Our release of Kashimashi Ep1 will be tomorrow. Everyone give their condolensces to RaistlinMajere whose father just passed away this afternoon.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 21:17   Link #444
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight
PS: Our release of Kashimashi Ep1 will be tomorrow. Everyone give their condolensces to RaistlinMajere whose father just passed away this afternoon.
I'm really sorry to read about RaistlinMajere father. Give him my best.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 02:01   Link #445
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
I shouldn't have to add "to me" in order to make you understand that something is my opinion.
Its a suggestion. It makes it clearer that its an opinion.

Quote:
If the show is well put together, all things should either tie into the plot or theme of the show. The teacher going on and on about her pitiful lovelife adds nothing, and neither do Asuta's fantasies if nothing is ever going to come of them.
Right...and the anime world wont be boring due to having every single one of its anime a perfect masterpiece.

Good things come in small quantities.

Quote:
I already explained what I think the core of the series is. And, yes, everything MUST fit in with it, otherwise you have huge chunks of a show that are a complete waste of time. Look, even if Asuta's obnoxious daydreams had an impact on Hazumu, they wouldn't be a complete waste. But they don't, and they're stupid.
Oh, sorry, maybe you can direct me to a show (anime) where its 100% free of non-sensical scenes AND has a mass appeal?

And no, I do NOT know what you think the core of the series is.

Quote:
And none of them are doing that. Again, they don't have any impact on the main plot whatsoever, so they're just taking up space.
I love how you judge side characters of an anime where only 3-4 episodes have been aired.

Taking up space? Try taking all the side characters away, and this wont be much of an anime/show. Everything matters, just because you dont like how they turn out (comedic parts not to your appeal) doesn't mean that the show should do without them.

Its the animator's show, not your "masterpiece".

Quote:
And why can't the other characters have their own spot in the drama to connect them to the plot? Why must some side characters be regulated solely to "lame comic relief"?
The "plot" is revolving around Hazumu, Yasuna and Tomari. How EXACTLY can the side characters even have a major role without breaking the foundation based on a Yuri love-triangle?

Asuta isn't really useless: He represents SOME of the reactions that a person in real life would react with(Note: some people).

The parents ARE somewhat useless, but non-theless they represent ONE KIND of reaction that people would have if they suddenly have their son turn into a girl.

Ayuki is apparently:
Spoiler:

That is a pretty big "link" with a main character.

Seriously, all I see you attempting (sub-conciously I guess) to voice is that this and that of the show must be change so that it would be perfect. Like, are YOU perfect to begin with? Ok, so to you the comedic parts are lame. Does that mean that it MUST change in order to be a good anime?
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 03:20   Link #446
Kyaa the Catlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight

Rais has my sympathy.
Kyaa the Catlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 04:06   Link #447
NeoSam

Read this.

Quote:
According to informed sources, the TV series is going to be 24 or 26 episodes in total. Probably the animation staff will continue to expand the range of story and add new plots to the show because there are not very many manga's installments ever to be serialized. The manga took a dramatic turn of the plot at the latest installment of the series in Dengeki Daioh magazine. It became a cliffhanger, and really moving. I hope they'll adapt the late chapters of the manga into anime.
24 or 26 episodes

I hope its true, I hope its true, I hope its true >.< oh god please please please, let this be the truth >.<
Old 2006-02-03, 04:33   Link #448
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I just tried to check this out on 2channel and found so many posts that I couldn't get through them. There are already 17 threads of several hundred posts each. Methinks they have a hit on their hands, so extending to 26 would make sense. More popular even than Tsukuyomi? Hazumu as the new Hazuki? Lol.

There were posts like "this show is the greatest!" and "Hazumu-kun is so cute!" and even links to sites about transgender surgery.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 04:50   Link #449
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
I just tried to check this out on 2channel and found so many posts that I couldn't get through them. There are already 17 threads of several hundred posts each. Methinks they have a hit on their hands, so extending to 26 would make sense. More popular even than Tsukuyomi? Hazumu as the new Hazuki? Lol.

There were posts like "this show is the greatest!" and "Hazumu-kun is so cute!" and even links to sites about transgender surgery.
Thanks Kaoru Chujo

I'm really hoping they do extend it >.<

BTW I love Tsukuyomi
Old 2006-02-03, 04:54   Link #450
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
BTW I love Tsukuyomi
Me too , lol

Anyway, the site of the italian group (PTP fansubs) subbing Kashimashi says "13 episodes" (numero episodi totali: 13, that is), although I don't know what their source could be.
But I also guess they wouldn't unbalance if not sure, I think.
Old 2006-02-03, 06:04   Link #451
Eclipze

Quote:
I do wonder: is this series rather unpopular here on Asuki? I mean like, the episode discussion threads seem pretty dead...

Not to mention that I've yet to see more than 30 (now viewing).

Old 2006-02-03, 07:59   Link #452
Shin_Battousai

Well only 2 eps have been fansubbed(which i guess you can say are just introductory eps) so that could be partly why there's not many people visiting the forums to view or participate in the discussion. It should get more lively as more eps are released by the various fansub groups, well that's my guess anyway ^^
Shin_Battousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 11:43   Link #453
GammaRed

Well now then

Haveing read all 400+ posts, and seeing sevral points of view listed here, all of them very very fresh (IE not from 3 months ago) I beleave that this show has had some very good and bad input.

And as meny others have mentioned this is only 2 eps that have been fansubed. Futher more I have seen sevreal Anime boards with ~Girl meets Girl~ threads with nearly the same level of posting and views

I couldnt get through all of them, but its clear to say that most of the feedback for this series has been postive, and VERY wide spreed. But in meny cases I have found that some posters are unfermiler with Anime in general *not here but others* and cant help but put the series down because of the titel alone.

Has anyone else noticed this? I mean in DOAXBV the warning on the back for Nudity had almost everyone bitching about it, and saying it was bad...

I got the impresion that because of the content, alot of ppl outside of the anime comunity have expressed this sentiemnt!

Anyone else see this happening?
GammaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 12:15   Link #454
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Usually each thread is supposed to hit 1000 before they move to the next one, but sometimes this isn't the case. Anyway, the number of "threads" in the full threads for some of this season's shows:

* Fate - 28
* Kashimashi - 17
* Rescue wings - 8
* Nerima Brothers - 8
* Tactical Roar - 6
* Oyui - 5
* Kage kara Mamoru - 5
* Lemon Angel Project - 4
* Hantsuki - 4
* Magikano - 4
* Eikyuu Alice - 4

Compare this to shows that have started last season and are still showing:

* Blood+ - 50
* Shakugan no Shana - 43
* Solty Rei - 23
* Mushishi - 23
* Canvas 2 - 20
* Noein - 18
* Jigoku Shoujo - 17
* Black Cat - 12
* Cluster Edge - 8
* Animal Yokocho - 8
* Capeta - 3

And then you have the combined Mai Hime thread which is 160 subthreads long ...

And by the way, AIR TV hit 56 subthreads...
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 12:35   Link #455
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Usually each thread is supposed to hit 1000 before they move to the next one, but sometimes this isn't the case. Anyway, the number of "threads" in the full threads for some of this season's shows:

* Fate - 28
* Kashimashi - 17
Ok, now that explains why fate/stay night has like twice the *viewer-ship* for the sub-forum.

And considering how both Noein and Jigoku Shoujo dont have their sub-forums yet, I guess that would explain the *inactivity* of Kashimashi's subforum.

Thx for the info zalas.
Old 2006-02-03, 12:53   Link #456
Kyaa the Catlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
I do wonder: is this series rather unpopular here on Asuki? I mean like, the episode discussion threads seem pretty dead...

Not to mention that I've yet to see more than 30 (now viewing).

There hasn't been a new episode fansubbed in a couple weeks and none of the "big" subbers are doing it. Once they start releasing eps in an orderly fashion, this subforum should see more activity.

Meanwhile, I'm doing my best to post!
Old 2006-02-03, 17:42   Link #457
Shin_Battousai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyaa the Catlord
There hasn't been a new episode fansubbed in a couple weeks and none of the "big" subbers are doing it. Once they start releasing eps in an orderly fashion, this subforum should see more activity.

Meanwhile, I'm doing my best to post!
If by subbers you mean groups then you are probably right. However if by subbers you mean anyone who works on fansubs then Onee-nii-sama seems to have a number of people who are in (what i'd consider) big groups.
Shin_Battousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 17:50   Link #458
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Thanks to zalas for the great information. Looks about like what I would have expected, with Fate/Stay Night far the most popular, but Kashimashi surpisingly (?) strong. As for the "small" number of views here, it's the newest separate forum, and the number of views in the index is just since it was formed. But I don't ever expect Kashimashi to catch up to F/SN, which now has a total of about 105,000 views of all its subforums, versus just over 30,000 for all of Kashimashi's.

I couldn't resist tabulating the 2channel ranks against the number of views on AnimeSuki, to try to judge differences in popularity between Japan and overseas:

2ch threads............AS views

Fate - 28................105,000
Kashimashi - 17......30,000
Hantsuki - 4............8,000
Magikano - 4...........8,000
Eikyuu Alice - 4........5,000
Kage kara - 5..........4,000
Lemon Angel - 4......2,000
Rescue wings - 8.....2,000
Nerima - 8................1,000
Tactical Roar - 6.......650
Oyui - 5...................400

Shana - 43.............23,000
Blood+ - 50............13,000
Karin - 5..............11,500
Noein - 18..............10,000
Canvas2 - 20..........9,000
Black Cat - 12.........7,500
Jigoku - 17............7,000
Mushishi - 23..........6,000
Solty Rei - 23..........2,500
Cluster Edge - 8.....750
Animal Yoko - 8.......600
Capeta - 3..............300

Of course, some of the differences have to do with whether or not there are fansubs, and 2channel and AnimeSuki may represent different samples of the Japanese/foreign anime communities, but there are a couple of interesting things.

From last season, it's interesting to see how Shana and Blood+ switch places, with Shana more popular overseas and Blood+ more popular in Japan. The very different anime Mushishi and Solty Rei are much more popular in Japan than they are outside, with Noein and Canvas2 more popular at AnimeSuki.

This season, Rescue Wings, Tactical Roar and Nerima Brothers are more popular in Japan, with Hantsuki and Magikano surprisingly high outside. The biggest surprise is Karin, which is third-highest here, but second-lowest on 2channel, and has a separate thread there for people who think "Karin is a s--t anime."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2006-02-03 at 18:01.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-03, 18:37   Link #459
Kyaa the Catlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin_Battousai
If by subbers you mean groups then you are probably right. However if by subbers you mean anyone who works on fansubs then Onee-nii-sama seems to have a number of people who are in (what i'd consider) big groups.
Well good for them. Unfortunately, they just sprung up and noone knows who the hell they are from Adam.
Old 2006-02-03, 18:41   Link #460
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

well ... i would say that KNKF is rather sable and known ... granted they aren't doing it alone but still
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, genderbender, romance, seinen, yuri