AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-12, 19:40   Link #3301
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Finished the chart. If there's any issues you can note with it, PM me.
Spoiler for Chart:

I also read the summaries, and unless I misunderstood it, Rikou is oddly fluent in Russian. Makes me wonder if Touma knew another language before his amnesia.
Well, Lessar is translating for him.
Old 2010-06-12, 20:40   Link #3302
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Here's a silly question. Did vent do away with that horribly ugly make-up and piercings that she was wearing to help activate her Divine Punishment. Just wondering. Also, what happened to Yomikawa after Vol. 15. Thanks for answering.
Old 2010-06-12, 21:05   Link #3303
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Well, in volume 20 Vent apparently just has a new piercing to control the Queen of Adriatic, so at the very least she still has the piercing. And as far as I know nothing happened to her other than Accelerator cut contact with her by crushing his phone, so she's probably alright.
Old 2010-06-13, 02:07   Link #3304
tsunade666

vol 20

between the lines chapters

In chapter 1 is when she is searching at the net and looking at the current status of the academy city and also she's been calling touma but no answer.

In chapter 2 while in her pda she's still hacking information about the war but she then encounter a whole new information not related to the war the attendance of Touma in
Daihaseisa and she discovered with it that the boy is still not in the city. And if the conversation on the phone is real he might not be in japan. The girl grew more worried and eventually grew tired of thinking and decides to rest the body and mind. Mikoto switch the PDA on one of the T.V. segments. Their are still lots of news about wars and shows had been interrupted just for the news on the war. Mikoto while switching programs at the net. Encounter an announcer that explains the situation at Russia and the footage might not be a live coverage but in the corner of it. Their is a boy with spiky hair style and a gekota strap on it's trousers.

Chapter 3 Misaka had confirmed that in boy shown in the corner of the news is Touma. More over that means his not in japan and now his walking in the most dangerous place in this war. She become more worried that he might be fighting again with someone powerful in a place Mikoto doesn't know. Information gathered on the PDA but it just show more unpleasant news. To acquire the information about the Experiment the name Imagine Breaker is found. IB is confirmed in Russia and in the independent country Elizarina. In the information their
is a map with it. And in the map their are marks. Mikoto suspects it's either the movement of the army of gakuentoshi or his. And an announcement from the director is issued. To suppress the imagine breaker for further leak of information on the outside organization. Leaking on information on the outside organization means Death but for some reason it doesn't apply on that boy. The aim of the group is to
get him back ALIVE as much as possible because the ability IB is so rare even in gakuentoshi that it has high value on it. However if getting him back is impossible then at least get his body back and put in a life support system. It's been approve by the general director. In that case, the thing that chief director's "Plan" can be continued though details cannot be inspected due to authority. Mikoto kept silent for a while. The number of men, their equipment, strategy and even the plan with the location on where they would be para-drop is been displayed on the PDA. Mikoto then turn off her PDA and head towards the district ( I don't know what district it is but maybe the same as the one touma,style and tsuchimikado enter with in vol 10 ( on my translation their is only heading to 2 district? but that's a confusing one ) )
To prevent the experiment that boy staked his life and confronted the darkness of gakuentoshi probably without knowing anything about it. But that's the truth for me and the sisters. (the last line.... is hard for me to read but it says (That boy has a big borrowing) maybe she meant that it's time to pay her dept on him? )

I don't know what chapter is this but it's after Mugino boarding the bomber and the kremlin report is been mentioned.
Their is another esper boarding the bomber. In this unit their is the special unit that meant to be para-drop to get the imagine breaker back. This people are not ability users but just plain old professionals. This special unit turn all unconscious in the center of it is a middle school girl sending sparks out of her body. And then she said. "I'm allowed to ride, right?". The pilot's body give warning all over. It tried to escape outside or even yell to inform the outside on what's happening but the sparks are faster than his body. The pilot's just stun their and can't even move his finger. Then the girl inform the pilot " go to russia ". Do the work that's been originally planned.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2010-06-13 at 02:34.
Old 2010-06-13, 09:24   Link #3305
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Here is The Observer's summary of the Intermission chapters in volume 20 from the Index wiki. They're more understandable and have a little more info.

Spoiler for Intermission 1:

Spoiler for Intermission 2:

Spoiler for Intermission 3:

Spoiler for Part of the epilogue:

As they say, never mess with a young girl in love.
Old 2010-06-13, 10:40   Link #3306
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Heaven's canceler would have cure him already if the fried brain cells could be cure. But the fact that the heaven's canceler doesn't do anything means his beyond repair on his field of science. Unless they do a round about way to fix it. Theirs no way of fixing it.

And for touma being the admin of the worlds standard. What if he goes hay wire like Tohno Shiki which from the perception of death to the origins of death can be seen. In touma's case
from mere illusion being killed he started killing the standards of this world too.

I love to see touma gain the ability of death god's perceptions. It's just that his using his fist is GAR but I want to see him utilize other stuffs. He uses his brain has tactics in battle but bare hands fighting is too much manly. I want to see him wield weapon too like Aqua with his 3.5 meter Ascalon.
Like I said, realistically, there's no way to cure amnesia, because there's no way to repair damaged brain cells.

However, Kamachi has taken liberties with science, so it's not hard to imagine him doing the same for Touma's situation. Or, if science can't do it, Kamachi can always chalk it up to being god's miracle.
Old 2010-06-13, 10:46   Link #3307
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
And for touma being the admin of the worlds standard. What if he goes hay wire like Tohno Shiki which from the perception of death to the origins of death can be seen. In touma's case
from mere illusion being killed he started killing the standards of this world too.
Which was what I've said, that maybe Touma could update his Imagine Breaker like how Accelerator could update his Redirection. Maybe in the not too distant future, Touma could negate Newton's law
Old 2010-06-13, 11:16   Link #3308
tsunade666

I wish he could negate the rules of this world as an update on his database.
Old 2010-06-14, 01:54   Link #3309
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

lol. Then he will be flying all over and be too much overpowered(physical attack won't work on him once he break the natural physical law such as gravity and kinetic energy).
Old 2010-06-14, 05:42   Link #3310
tsunade666

nyah, that's the point. I just want to see touma as one of the bad guys. Maybe the one who side by side with Aleister and Aiwass as last boss enemies.

I wonder how the others would react.
Old 2010-06-14, 06:02   Link #3311
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Touma somehow regains his memories by implanting Aiwass and Aleister's memories into his mind. As it turns out, the 3 have been working together right from the start to lead up to whatever point it is by then.

heavens, what have i been smoking?
Old 2010-06-14, 06:06   Link #3312
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Debunked. Aiwass is interested with how everything it turns out, but he/she/it never said that his/her/its interest includes getting in on the show.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-06-14, 09:36   Link #3313
tsunade666

his more like a side character now but I bet if it turns into more interesting. He would eventually enter the stage.
Old 2010-06-14, 11:21   Link #3314
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I got a question.
Spoiler for LN Vol 20 question:
Old 2010-06-14, 11:34   Link #3315
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I got a question.
Spoiler for LN Vol 20 question:
Spoiler for They are..:

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-06-14 at 12:05.
Old 2010-06-14, 11:42   Link #3316
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Spoiler for Vol 20 question:
Old 2010-06-14, 11:53   Link #3317
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Spoiler for Vol 20 question:
Spoiler for mmm...:
Old 2010-06-14, 12:02   Link #3318
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
As they say, never mess with a young girl in love.

I can't wait to see that. If it goes down to it, she would burn Moscow down to the ground (reminds of MW2 quotes) just to get Touma out of there.
Old 2010-06-14, 12:28   Link #3319
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for mmm...:
Oh yeah I remember reading something about that. Thanks. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post

I can't wait to see that. If it goes down to it, she would burn Moscow down to the ground (reminds of MW2 quotes) just to get Touma out of there.
She might just have to considering the idiot is going to launch an all out assault on the main Russian base lol.

EDIT: I was just reading the first couple chapters of Railgun and one of the teachers said that AIM fields couldn't be detected by the five human senses an that they needed machines in order to do so. So that got me thinking that maybe the reason Touma can subconsciously feel a person's AIM field is because he has a sixth sense that's connected to his Imagine Breaker? What do you guys think?

Last edited by Suzuku; 2010-06-14 at 15:36.
Old 2010-06-14, 17:47   Link #3320
giorno

about durandal:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durendal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland

it's likely that the soldiers from the dark side know of Touma's location, so Mikoto will probably know as well...

also, a guy with blonde hair and blue eyes brought Accelerator to Elizarina....mm, Aurrelus?

i can see Touma meeting up with Acqua and Shiage, while Accel is in Elizarina, looking at the kremlin report and making up a battle plan along with Aurrelus to fight Fiamma...

i also see Mikoto ending up meeting Touma, only for him to tell her to get back to AC ASAP and even tell her she's a burden to try and convice her...and if that fails, he'll knock her out and have someone take her away to safety...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen