AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-16, 11:49   Link #3481
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
At the very least her EXCALIBUR remix in F/Z was rather weak.
What, are you serious? I thought it was amazing and far superior to the original. One of the best things that came out of F/Z soundtrack, IMO.

I'm also okay with EMIYA being completely absent from HF, I register that BGM with UBW more than any other route and also don't particularly think that just because the source material had it, so should every adaptation that's to come.

Though I expect a full, glorious return of 'The Battle is To the Strong', remixed.
Old 2016-04-16, 12:20   Link #3482
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
What, are you serious? I thought it was amazing and far superior to the original. One of the best things that came out of F/Z soundtrack, IMO.

I'm also okay with EMIYA being completely absent from HF, I register that BGM with UBW more than any other route and also don't particularly think that just because the source material had it, so should every adaptation that's to come.

Though I expect a full, glorious return of 'The Battle is To the Strong', remixed.
Yes, I am serious. It was too melancholic and didn't have enough impact. You could say it was too "Kaijura-fied" to me. I do think though her style would be great for the Dark Saber version of the track, so that's a good thing I guess.

I am fine without EMIYA as long as they can get the nine lives scene right. But... well... I think that could be quite hard to accomplish without an EMIYA remix.

I never understood what was so great about The Battle is To the Strong. I think it does quite fit battles that involve Gilgamesh, since to me it sounds like a "casual Gilgamesh battle theme". It can't even hold a candle to Overcome the Myth from Fukasawa's UBW OST though.
What I quite liked from the F/Z OST is This Day and Never Again... but that was sadly also the track that most tracks of the whole F/Z OST were based on... about half of the OST to be exact.
Old 2016-04-16, 12:33   Link #3483
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

NLBW is hard to mess up, I mean, it's a cool scene and we all love it but strictly speaking, it's just an action scene and Ufotable proved more than once that they are more than capable of doing some sweet, smooth action.

I'm more iffy about if they can get Sakura's characterization right. A lot of her substance comes from her interludes which are mostly 3rd person narrative, I don't know how exactly they'll transition that into the animation medium. I definitely do not want to see Sakura to be rendered as a yandere. (Though she'll get called this by casual viewers anyway, they love their archetypes)

As for F/Z OST, when I was a filthy secondary and was watching F/Z for the first time, the thing that made a huge impression on me was The Battle is To the Strong. It just, came in so suddenly and if I recall correctly, it's used when Archer attacks Berserker, who deflects it by grabbing one sword and countering the other weapons with it. I remember me and my brother going 'holy shit' on that moment and it's been my favorite ever since.

Overcome the Myth is also super nice. Fukasawa's Gilgamesh motif is pretty fitting and ominous for him. All in all, I think Fukasawa did a wonderful job with UBW but IMO, HF has always felt more like KNK to me than its previous routes.
Spoiler for KNK spoilers:
Old 2016-04-16, 12:43   Link #3484
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Good that you bring Sakura's characterisation up. The problem about that is, the people most obsessed with F/sn (*cough* over at MAL) ignore the characterisation entirely and call her a "bad character" because of her voice and rate her character based on the amount of times she says "senpai".

And she actually is among other things, a yandere. It's just that many people put the yandere label on her and then ignore everything else, although that is only a rather minor aspect of her character and actually only applies at certain times and due to "outside influence", otherwise she would have done "something" in routes other than HF.
Old 2016-04-16, 12:54   Link #3485
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Ahh, MAL is cancer, their opinions mean nothing to me when all they do is bash and insult the followers and fans of the said work/character they're hating on. (Due to bad moderation I suspect, it's a troll haven.)

Also, I do not "get" the issue with the usage of senpai. Maybe they have a problem with it in English, but in Japanese it looks completely normal, sounds normal and there is nothing irregular about it. I'm pretty sure Saber says Shirou more than Sakura - senpai. Just nitpicky, useless criticism that I never understood.

Sakura is one of my favorite characters, ever. I was invested in her story even in F/Z, when I didn't know who she was. Though this kind of made me very, very impatient to get to HF so that I could finally have her as a legit character.
Old 2016-04-17, 05:31   Link #3486
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

MAL is still better than AniDB there people try to look like experts but in fact only fanboy about things popular in Japan and insult anything that don't look original on the first sight.

My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 07:26   Link #3487
Sheba
Part-Time TTK & Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
MAL is still better than AniDB there people try to look like experts but in fact only fanboy about things popular in Japan and insult anything that don't look original on the first sight.
I second this, anidb is Pretentious Hipster Central #2 and its atmosphere is much more toxic.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-17, 11:04   Link #3488
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

What do you guys think about expanding Gilgamesh's role in HF? Would you be upset/happy with it?
Old 2016-04-17, 12:07   Link #3489
XFire
Harem Seeker

What was his role, anyway? The only thing I know is that Sakura eats him eventually.
Old 2016-04-17, 12:52   Link #3490
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Which is why I'm wondering if people would like to see some sort of expansion.
Old 2016-04-17, 15:27   Link #3491
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Nope. I'm one of that minority, who didn't like Gil.

My Anime list
My VN list
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 16:25   Link #3492
Haak
Haters. Gonna. Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
And she actually is among other things, a yandere. It's just that many people put the yandere label on her and then ignore everything else, although that is only a rather minor aspect of her character and actually only applies at certain times and due to "outside influence", otherwise she would have done "something" in routes other than HF.
Spoiler for HF Spoilers:

Last edited by Haak; 2016-04-19 at 05:14.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-18, 16:30   Link #3493
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Nope. I'm one of that minority, who didn't like Gil.
I'm part of that minority as well, so I'm fine with his role staying minor.
Old 2016-04-18, 18:04   Link #3494
XFire
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Is Sakura actually a yandere? She certainly had "yandere-ish" thoughts from time to time (particularly where Tohsaka was involved) but I don't recall her actually going off the deep end because of her love. She went crazy for entirely different reasons.
She's not really a yandere. Her reasons for going insane have more to do with Rin than Shirou (hell, Shirou is the reason she isn't already insane) and the thing that pushes her over the edge is
Spoiler for wut:

She does, however, go completely bat shit insane while still being in love with Shirou.
Old 2016-04-19, 09:25   Link #3495
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Spoiler for HF Spoilers:
As stated she isn't really a Yandere. However with AM fucking with her emotions and bringing out the dark side of them it can come off as that at times. Without that influence she isn't a yandere.
Old 2016-04-19, 11:45   Link #3496
Klard
The cilvilain

waiting for the battle between
Spoiler for HF spoiler:
Old 2016-10-25, 11:30   Link #3497
BirdcageStarlet
The Spirit from Space

Has there been any more news regarding its release and content, yet?
If you like the anime Date A Live, then could I ask you to please check out this link. I could really, really do with your help. If by some miracle, you're interested, please PM me there or here! Thank you so much!
BirdcageStarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-25, 15:18   Link #3498
XFire
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klard View Post
waiting for the battle between
Spoiler for HF spoiler:
Agreed.

Also hoping we get an OVA or something of
Spoiler:
Old 2016-10-26, 04:07   Link #3499
Brother Coa
Banned

I would personally only like to see Men of Steel ending animated. Even if it is highly unlikely that will happen, OVA's as well giving how this is 3 hour long movies and not anime series.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-26, 21:00   Link #3500
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
I would personally only like to see Men of Steel ending animated. Even if it is highly unlikely that will happen, OVA's as well giving how this is 3 hour long movies and not anime series.
I'm assuming you mean Mind of Steel, since I don't recall various Supermen having anything to with this route.

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable