AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-27, 17:38   Link #221
herbert

Old 2008-01-27, 20:26   Link #222
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentorian View Post
He will follow Ikkyu by changing his surname to his bride's surname. He did hate the number of the strokes in his name and to be called Despair Sensei.

So, it will be Tsunetsuki Nozomu or Kitsu Nozomu or Mitama Nozomu or Komori Nozomu, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Not Kitsu Nozomu. Chiri would refuse to let Nozomu have her family name because it is not proper thing to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentorian View Post
On contrary.... Chiri's clairvoyance ability might be cancelled if she takes Itoshiki surname.... She actually may even lose her properness, negated by "zetsu".
I'm glad you're thinking about this, but the question I was asking was What would the name(s) translate to? True that someone will lose their old name (as well as their identity) and what we love about them. Actually, it could be an improvement in some cases (depending on what the name translates to).

Last edited by ellifeedn; 2008-01-27 at 23:23.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 03:57   Link #223
Mister Groonk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Gaaah, a.f.k.'s slow fansubbing has left me in despair...
hahahahaha.
Mister Groonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 12:48   Link #224
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimaa View Post
its a hard show to sub, don't worry when you get your hands on the next episode hopefully Sensei's Despair will put you out of despair =P
Schadenfreude at its best.

I'm still in despair from waiting though...
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 16:56   Link #225
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Ep. 3 subbed is out...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 18:25   Link #226
Midonin
Last Engage

Episode 3...the first segment, like that of Episode 2's, forced my brain to do double-time. The Drama CD playing in the background was good stuff, like Nozomu acting 57 years old. Also got a smile from Kikuko Inoue's cameo. In the foreground, we had Hiromi attempting to draw a Pretty Cure doujin. Liked the appearance of the SZS Character Song CD in her room, and the Code Geass-ish poster hanging above her wall. ...even if her having the SZS CharaSong CD is branching into Spaceballs or Hayate territory for being extremely meta.

The section on duty was funny, but at the same time...wow, I could really relate to it. Don't want to wander off into a tangent, so the best part of it were Kikuko making another appearance (her animeified self is cute!).

The third segment was great fun, going to both ends of the spectrum. Random news casually delivered (you're going to Hinamizawa!) and then turning everything into This Is SPARTA! style speaking.

...watching one episode of ZSZS is a lot of work. But I don't mind, it's my self-imposed duty.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 18:36   Link #227
taelrak

eternally 17!
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 19:18   Link #228
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Episode 3...the first segment, like that of Episode 2's, forced my brain to do double-time. The Drama CD playing in the background was good stuff, like Nozomu acting 57 years old. Also got a smile from Kikuko Inoue's cameo. In the foreground, we had Hiromi attempting to draw a Pretty Cure doujin. Liked the appearance of the SZS Character Song CD in her room, and the Code Geass-ish poster hanging above her wall. ...even if her having the SZS CharaSong CD is branching into Spaceballs or Hayate territory for being extremely meta.

The section on duty was funny, but at the same time...wow, I could really relate to it. Don't want to wander off into a tangent, so the best part of it were Kikuko making another appearance (her animeified self is cute!).

The third segment was great fun, going to both ends of the spectrum. Random news casually delivered (you're going to Hinamizawa!) and then turning everything into This Is SPARTA! style speaking.

...watching one episode of ZSZS is a lot of work. But I don't mind, it's my self-imposed duty.
That's not Kikuko Inoue, that's Manami Ōkusa, a character VOICED by Kikuko Inoue. But whatever.
Old 2008-01-29, 19:21   Link #229
Midonin
Last Engage

I think something was mixed up in between our posts somewhere. Inoue technically gets three appearances during this episode.

I was referring to the second segment's appearance by her.

It is cute.

Manami Okusa, voiced by her, doesn't appear until the third segment, and looks completely different.

Just to clarify.

Last edited by Midonin; 2008-01-29 at 21:32.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 22:21   Link #230
Falkor

I patiently waited for episode 03 to be released by a.f.k. and it certainly paid off. I can understand why it took them more than a week with only the first part of the show (if you don't include all the text).

Spoiler for random thoughts on episode 03:

I should start reconsidering my duty to post on this thread…
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 23:03   Link #231
Echoes

Amazing episode, the laughs were plentiful. The first part was extremely well executed, and again I have to compliment the fansubbing, it was done perfect, as always.

Self-imposed duties. It's just so like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei to bring up something like that. The consistency in themes they deal with is astounding, the show might be random and "out there", but it certainly has its own style; and stays true to it.

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Old 2008-01-29, 23:24   Link #232
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Just to clarify.
NO WAY!!!!1!!!

SERIOUSLY!? OH GOD, YOU'RE SERIOUS!

Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 00:25   Link #233
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Great episode, I especially liked the first segment. I am needing to watch them at least 2 times to absorb so much info. Many thanks to AFK for putting so much effort into this series

I want a Komori where can I get one from?

Spoiler for Q about epi3:
Old 2008-01-30, 00:49   Link #234
Sol Falling

again, awsome. Even though the first part made my head hurt, it was still hilarious.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 01:37   Link #235
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I think something was mixed up in between our posts somewhere. Inoue technically gets three appearances during this episode.

I was referring to the second segment's appearance by her.

It is cute.

Manami Okusa, voiced by her, doesn't appear until the third segment, and looks completely different.

Just to clarify.
Ah, okay, I'm wrong.

Sorry.
Old 2008-01-30, 02:24   Link #236
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
again, awsome. Even though the first part made my head hurt, it was still hilarious.
Headachingly good. Ever since first ep. Seriously, it'd be nice if the animation team slows down with the rapidfire insanity and gives the comedy to us straight. It'd still be as funny since the dialogue is so sharp anyway.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 03:10   Link #237
Mef

Quote:

I find Matarou's "pantsu haitenai yo" much more interesting
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 04:05   Link #238
Pachael
原作通り

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
Great episode, I especially liked the first segment. I am needing to watch them at least 2 times to absorb so much info. Many thanks to AFK for putting so much effort into this series

I want a Komori where can I get one from?

Spoiler for Q about epi3:
Spoiler:

For other things that were left out casually:
Spoiler:
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 04:14   Link #239
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

^ thanks for the response Pachael. I paused on the notes, but I just couldn't work out how they tied into Chiri and how they were meant to be funny...
Old 2008-01-30, 05:38   Link #240
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Coco + Nuts -> Pine + Napple

Brilliant!
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gag, shaft, shounen, social satire