Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-27, 22:24   Link #12521
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
No. I'm talking about the first battle in Narita where Guren made it's debut. First Lancelot could shoot Guren even once. He tried a kick but Kallen grabbed the foot and tried to fry him, but Suzaku removed the mobility system he was using on the feet. Right there he lost his advance mobility. Again Suzaku tried to shoot Guren, but missed every shot. he kicked the leftover mobility system at the Guren, but she swatted it away like a fly. They had a little hand to hand combat. Suzaku tried to use the sword, but Kallen grabbed it and irradiated it. Suzaku then tried to shoot Guren but she blocked the shot. That's when the ground broke out from under her.

The fact Lancelot could even hit Guren, but she was breaking all his weapons one at a time shows she had the win till the ground broke.
Suzaku was on the defensive of course he's trying to keep his distance from her by throwing all the shit at her since the Gurren is a close range KMF. He sacrificed a lot of his weapons to do so. In the end though, his battle instincts still pushed the Gurren for a finishing blow. That's like in Batman begins. "You haven't beaten me. You sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke." If anything they were both playing towards their strengths and Suzaku used his wit to come out on top.
Old 2008-09-27, 22:25   Link #12522
Oh Great!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
And if neither win they'll complain that the fight didn't have a proper resolution.
Best Taniguichi just ends this once and for all for all our sanities, so one side will forever have bragging rights
Old 2008-09-27, 22:26   Link #12523
hero147

I have a feeling Code Geass would end with C.C. telling a story, like how Forrest Gump told his story...
Old 2008-09-27, 22:28   Link #12524
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
I have a feeling Code Geass would end with C.C. telling a story, like how Forrest Gump told his story...
omg that would be so lame XD
Old 2008-09-27, 22:31   Link #12525
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Suzaku was on the defensive of course he's trying to keep his distance from her by throwing all the shit at her since the Gurren is a close range KMF. He sacrificed a lot of his weapons to do so.
He had never fought the Guren before then, and he wasn't defending. He was trying to attack and kept getting nothing out of it.

Quote:
In the end though, his battle instincts still pushed the Gurren for a finishing blow. That's like in Batman begins. "You haven't beaten me. You sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke."
You're just trying to spin a negative into a positive. He wasn't trying to push her back. He was trying to hit her and failing. He got lucky when the cliff gave out.
Old 2008-09-27, 22:32   Link #12526
Oh Great!
Banned

The point is they were even, we'll never know who would have won that fight anyways....
Old 2008-09-27, 22:35   Link #12527
nutype
Future MD

im going into this with the lowest of expectations. Hopefully im blown away
Old 2008-09-27, 22:35   Link #12528
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalnight View Post
Seems like epic level death flag on Lelouch (unsurprisingly)
Can you explain why this is a death flag?
Old 2008-09-27, 22:44   Link #12529
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
He had never fought the Guren before then, and he wasn't defending. He was trying to attack and kept getting nothing out of it.

You're just trying to spin a negative into a positive. He wasn't trying to push her back. He was trying to hit her and failing. He got lucky when the cliff gave out.
Everybody is trying to blur the line between circumstance and skill. He sacrificed a lot of his mobility and speed in order to keep his distance from her claw. The whole scenario was playing to Kallen's strengths, close range combat and still he came out on top. How else is he going to win if he didn't use the environment to his advantage? Kallen fans like to have a Goten vs Gohan moment "HEY YOU'RE FLYING! NO FAIR! I CAN'T FLY" and we let you have that because of circumstance but dodging bullets can get you so far if you don't use your mind right. Well this time everything seems to be equal since environment isn't a factor and there's plenty of room to breathe. We will see. >_>
Old 2008-09-27, 22:49   Link #12530
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Everybody is trying to blur the line between circumstance and skill. He sacrificed a lot of his mobility and speed in order to keep his distance from her claw. The whole scenario was playing to Kallen's strengths, close range combat. How else is he going to win if he didn't use the environment to his advantage?
Except he didn't, and wasn't. He lucked out. He was flipping around like a madman trying to land a hit on her, and it didn't work. You can see it in his expressions. Every time he attacks and she screws it up, his face has "fuck!" written all over it. He was running out of options against her. If they had let that battle play out, he'd have lost.

Quote:
Kallen fans like to have a Goten vs Gohan moment "HEY YOU'RE FLYING! NO FAIR! I CAN'T FLY" and we let you have that because of circumstance but dodging bullets can get you so far if you don't use your mind right. Well this time everything seems to be equal since environment isn't a factor and there's plenty of room to breathe. We will see. >_>
Yes, this time everything is equal so we should get a nice, clean battle out of them, unless someone dares to interrupt.
Old 2008-09-27, 23:17   Link #12531
killbethy

I think it's funny how everyone is sweating over the fight between Lelouch and Kallen more than how the show will actually END. They have SO MUCH to wrap up, that a 5 minute fight between the Guren and Lancelot would be a waste of a time. I'm not really expecting an epic battle to happen between them like everyone else is, but rather something fairly short and more dialogue based... this is <25 minutes dedicated to ending the show and storyline forever as opposed to the other times when they fought it was <25 minutes dedicated to a single battle.
Old 2008-09-27, 23:22   Link #12532
Micante

Code Geass OVA: Albion vs. SEITEN

No plot. No Lelouch. No pilots. Just two KnightMares fighting each other for over an hour.
Old 2008-09-27, 23:23   Link #12533
killbethy

Quote:

No plot. No Lelouch. No pilots. Just two KnightMares fighting each other for over an hour.
LOL I was thinking about that... it would be funny/great if they include knightmare frame match ups as an extra on a dvd.
Old 2008-09-27, 23:31   Link #12534
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
I think it's funny how everyone is sweating over the fight between Lelouch and Kallen more than how the show will actually END. They have SO MUCH to wrap up, that a 5 minute fight between the Guren and Lancelot would be a waste of a time. I'm not really expecting an epic battle to happen between them like everyone else is, but rather something fairly short and more dialogue based... this is <25 minutes dedicated to ending the show and storyline forever as opposed to the other times when they fought it was <25 minutes dedicated to a single battle.
Well, it's like I've said before, Suzaku is probably going to be there w/ Lelouch for ZR and Kallen has to reach Lelouch as well for her plot line resolution, so it's almost certain that both of them make it. I've got the feeling that the show is going to piss people off by never really resolving who was the better pilot of the two. The fight will be a pseudo-draw, and Kallen, Lelouch, Suzaku (and Gino and Anya if the Animedia Conversation is accurate) will all meet for the final confrontation. Then they'll wrap up all the major plot lines right there (except possibly C.C., because unless she's learned to fly, I'm not sure how she would get there.)

At any rate, I'm done arguing. Time for sleep, and I'll see what happens tomorrow.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-09-27, 23:32   Link #12535
lovecakecookies

Quote:

hahahah lol.. I swear they should do it.. I know I would watch it..

I wonder if they will have a scene after the credits? or a new end theme or opening?
Old 2008-09-27, 23:34   Link #12536
Cherudim Arche

Quote:

This isn't battlebots or robot wars
Old 2008-09-27, 23:37   Link #12537
Red Lupine
Bulzome High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
Poor Anya vs Orange-kun, now there's a fight that's going to get seriously shafted
If it gets over a minute, I'll be surprised
Old 2008-09-27, 23:37   Link #12538
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Looking over the last few pages, it would seem it's all Suzaku vs. Kallen debating... as someone else pointed out, there are more plotlines; I'm curious to see how Lelouch vs. Nunnally plays out (I'm not going back however many pages to see if that got resolved already)

all I know is, that when I wake up, the series will be finished, and I can move on with my life... until 00 season 2, that is

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2008-09-27, 23:42   Link #12539
nutype
Future MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
all I know is, that when I wake up, the series will be finished, and I can move on with my life... until 00 season 2, that is

amen to that
Old 2008-09-28, 00:03   Link #12540
LAngelo

i hope this has a fullmetal alchemist ending.......a last episode somewhat-skyhook and then a movie to finish it completely....GOD I WANT A MOVIE ENDING!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
spoilers