AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-07-20, 04:43   Link #2561
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post

btw I've got the BRS figma on pre-order but I've got second thoughts on getting her now because full size figures that aren't super quality aren't really my thing, and the only reason I'm ordering her and the nendo is because everyone is saying BRS=good (I've only heard the song myself, not really interested in the story or anime.) You guys think it's worth it? :/
Well, technically figmas are non-scaled figures. They're typically not made for their super quality, but rather their pose-ability. The BRS one does look high quality in comparison to most other figmas, though...And figmas are pretty cheap to begin with. I see no real reason to cancel her. Unless you only collect figures of characters you like, as I do.
Old 2010-07-20, 05:06   Link #2562
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Well, technically figmas are non-scaled figures. They're typically not made for their super quality, but rather their pose-ability. The BRS one does look high quality in comparison to most other figmas, though...And figmas are pretty cheap to begin with. I see no real reason to cancel her. Unless you only collect figures of characters you like, as I do.
Why cancel? Because having money is nice, of course?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 05:16   Link #2563
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post

Of course they ship internationally, I wouldn't have suggested them otherwise.
Oh you
I don't know, it's only 5 dollars difference and plus I'll get the points thingy on HobbySearch so...
Old 2010-07-20, 05:20   Link #2564
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agito Akiyama View Post
Oh you
I don't know, it's only 5 dollars difference and plus I'll get the points thingy on HobbySearch so...
Oh yeah the points, they can be lifesavers sometimes. But they expire a year after your purchase, so be careful.
Old 2010-07-20, 06:08   Link #2565
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
btw I've got the BRS figma on pre-order but I've got second thoughts on getting her now because full size figures that aren't super quality aren't really my thing, and the only reason I'm ordering her and the nendo is because everyone is saying BRS=good (I've only heard the song myself, not really interested in the story or anime.) You guys think it's worth it? :/
Also pre-ordered it but depending on how the anime will turn out, I might end up cancelling it. It's a good looking figma but not really worth getting if you don't care about the character, b/c you will end up selling it
Old 2010-07-20, 10:14   Link #2566
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Leaning is a thing of the past. Now, good companies use ABS in the necessary parts to prevent leaning, at least or a good year or two.

Oil is from direct sunlight mainly; I think it's not inevitable, but it will be minimal if you avoid sun. Same with discoloration, though I think that is also related to plastic decay, which you definitely can't prevent. Try sticking your figs in the freezer once in a while to keep the speed of the atoms low.

Airflow prob isn't good for your cabinet, b/c it brings dust. You prob shouldn't have to completely quarantine your figs in there to keep them safe; just stick them in their boxes for short intervals in dark, cool places.
It's dark and cool at night! Thanks for the tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
Also pre-ordered it but depending on how the anime will turn out, I might end up cancelling it. It's a good looking figma but not really worth getting if you don't care about the character, b/c you will end up selling it
Hmm, I'd say that most of the figurines I buy are of characters I don't have anything for. I just like the way they're designed/look. For example, I really don't like Saber at all, but I still had to get the Triumphant Excalibur because the figure itself is just wonderfully sculpted. Likewise, I really like Haruhi, but I didn't like any of the figures they churned out for her until the Gothic Rock one. I also have a bunch of figures from anime I don't even watch. Sometimes I see a figure and I know that I MUST have it
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 10:32   Link #2567
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
stopped at the local used records/toys/games shop and picked up a couple of anime figures
Old 2010-07-20, 13:05   Link #2568
Renya

nice figures Zero :P
wished i had a local figure store lol, only local one is freaking central london which is miles away.

Just wondering whats the hype with BRS figures o.o, what is it based on??
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 13:17   Link #2569
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renya View Post
nice figures Zero :P
wished i had a local figure store lol, only local one is freaking central london which is miles away.

Just wondering whats the hype with BRS figures o.o, what is it based on??
Thread on the upcoming anime:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85463

As for the hype, I don't really understand it either. Some dude designs a spiffy character, and the Vocaloid designers decided to make a song for it due to the similarities in hairstyle and face between BRS and Miku. Things take off and now it's ultra popular.
Old 2010-07-20, 13:46   Link #2570
Renya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Thread on the upcoming anime:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85463

As for the hype, I don't really understand it either. Some dude designs a spiffy character, and the Vocaloid designers decided to make a song for it due to the similarities in hairstyle and face between BRS and Miku. Things take off and now it's ultra popular.
oh ok :P, i know there an anime being produced for it. Just dunno why figures were being made before it was released lol but i guess i know now :P
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 18:03   Link #2571
Seitsuki
Onee!

BRS is pretty much only popular because she's a Miku expy and Miku is super popular. Iunno, Part of the reason I don't open my figures is because if I really need the cash I can sell them again with minimal loss but I think buying figures just to sell again really defeats the purpose- you're meant to buy them because of love, not merchanting D:

Anyway I live way down in NZ so even if I could flog of the figma BRS for a profit the shipping would end up being too high for most buyers I reckon. I think I'll just get it in case I like it, and if not it can always make a real spiffy gift :/

Thanks for your opinions guys <3
Old 2010-07-20, 18:15   Link #2572
Kudryavka

^Truth. You are great.
Old 2010-07-21, 03:13   Link #2573
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

I'll pass on the Angel Beats petite nendos, I prefer hoping for a 1/8 Yurippe by a good company (GSC, Alter and so), Though it will be very tempting when Vol 3 or 4 will come out with Sekine and rest of the band :P

I'm currently thinking about Alter Asuka and GSC Hitagi, these are the ones I currently want and I can preorder one already (Got the money, about 65 dollars but I'll save up a bit more)
I'm thinking a lot about Asuka the chest is really small and the face seems weird a bit, I'm a boy so that stuff really matters :P
Old 2010-07-21, 05:31   Link #2574
Kudryavka

Quote:
I'll pass on the Angel Beats petite nendos, I prefer hoping for a 1/8 Yurippe by a good company (GSC, Alter and so), Though it will be very tempting when Vol 3 or 4 will come out with Sekine and rest of the band :P

I'm currently thinking about Alter Asuka and GSC Hitagi, these are the ones I currently want and I can preorder one already (Got the money, about 65 dollars but I'll save up a bit more)
I'm thinking a lot about Asuka the chest is really small and the face seems weird a bit, I'm a boy so that stuff really matters :P
Well, Asuka is somewhat cheap, and Tsundere-chan will have you paying out the nose unless you go with her cheaper Kotobukiya incarnation. I'd just buy Asuka, or go get some bakunyuu figure. Have you seen Clalaclan bikini by Max Factory? She has balloon tits, do you like those?
Old 2010-07-21, 06:00   Link #2575
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Not really and I didn't understand all your message so if you can explain it I'll thank you very much :P
Old 2010-07-21, 06:35   Link #2576
Kudryavka

Quote:
Not really and I didn't understand all your message so if you can explain it I'll thank you very much :P

Balloon titties for you.
Old 2010-07-21, 08:30   Link #2577
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Quote:

Balloon titties for you.
Meh
But Asuka's are kinda small even compared to normal
Old 2010-07-21, 12:52   Link #2578
Revan21

I was really bored

Old 2010-07-21, 13:28   Link #2579
GDB

Saber's half cocked smile (at least, from what I see based on size and resolution) truly makes that picture great.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 13:31   Link #2580
Xion Valkyrie

Took my 2006 Al Alzif out of her box finally. Unfortunately I broke the pistons on the two little wings you're supposed to slot into the wall behind her. Luckily, it's not noticeable once I superglued it because it's not actually visible once you slot them.

I have to say though, build quality has come a LONG way since 2006. Despite being a Max Factory middle range item, the pvc surface is pretty rough on the clothing and hair. There's noticeably very little additional higlights/shadows that you see in a lot of the newer figurines
the details are also a lot rougher and the paint edges aren't as clearly defined in some places.

Gonna take some pictures on the weekend when the lighting is better ( I get home at 8pm on weekdays, so bad time for pictures =/) since I finally got my display case setup and everything.