AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-23, 05:57   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Feel free to discuss any music related subjects for Aquarion Series here (OP/ED & OST, etc.). As the usual rule, NO POSTING LINKS TO MP3s OR ASKING FOR THEM. You may buy them at the usual place such as cdjapan and what not, but DO NOT ask for or post links to any music downloads. This includes, but isn't limited to:
  • any RAR, ZIP, 7-ZIP archive
  • Torrents
  • The names of other BT sites that list music torrents
  • Direct downloads

This also includes links to YouTube videos NOT uploaded by the original artist.
Klashikari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 05:57   Link #2
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

1st - the OP to EVOL is an absolute win! Akino and bless4 are awesome! I know I should love the OS' OP but this one has a more vibrant music setting and includes a new set of instruments added to the BGM. However, despite that I can grasp some of what is being said, I still wonder about the actual meaning behind the lyrics. Has anyone translated it yet?

2nd - the OP to the OS is beautiful. Sousei no Aquarion will forever be lodged into my memory along with the lyrics to it. Despite the fact the Elemental Gattai version is slightly better than the original (in my opinion), the heartfelt lyrics are just win. The original holds up very well even now. And so, it's a complete win.

3rd - Go Tight! How many people actually hated this OP? Okay, I understand that it is a little flat considering SnA, but it's still a beautiful intro. The fast paced song didn't seem to live up to its expectations. Well, considering it was second to SnA, who wouldn't blame it? But the animation for the OP did not help this matter. One could expect more for this song. It deserves an action and romantic opening sequence. It is a lovely song though its lyrics lack this slightly.

4th - the OS' soundtrack: can you NOT love it? It is a beautiful soundtrack. Lovely. My favorite would have to be First Love, Final Love. Then I have Gensis of Aquarion - the English is beautiful here. Normally, Japanese are horrible at pronouncing certain English terms but Akino appears to have no problem. Albeit, in EVOL's OP, they do bad at pronouncing "together we can unite the universe" whilst trying to echo. Still, it is lovely. But in First Love, Final Love, my absolute favorite part is with SnA's lyrics inserted. Though it's only an echo, you can hear the chorus lyrics for SnA over the music (sung by the male cast). It makes it a beautiful piece. But that's only the start of the BGM for the series. I await to see what changes are made in EVOL.

5th - I can't attach myself to the ED of EVOL. It wasn't a catchy tune plus I've never liked certain males singing along with females... it was just meh. However, the lyrics are actually very deep and I like them. It's a shame I don't like the male that sings in with her in the ED. It's either that or his voice isn't made for a song like that. Either way, beautiful lyrics, bad vocals on the male side, and lovely artwork.
Old 2012-03-24, 13:52   Link #3
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
Sousei No Aquarion 1st OP will forever be the best of all! I like both English and Japanese Version

Go Tight is the shizzy....second OP is bad ass

I can't say much about the ED's because I usually rewind the episodes so I never make it to the ED's of SNA

I love the ED and OP for EVOL. I also love that song that plays when Kagura is doing something epic. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE THE NAME?!?!
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 04:14   Link #4
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

"Sousei no Aquarion" is one of the best anime OP for me (both japanese and english version) it was my phone ringtone

"Go Tight" is also a good song.

"Kimi no Shinwa" oh my, I thought no song can match sousei for aquarion but this song appear and I was like 0__0 a worthy successor indeed!

when I heard the piano intro, I know "Gekkou Symphonia" would become a great song (and Akino-Aiki is a plus) one day I will convince someone to do a duet of this song with me LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
I love the ED and OP for EVOL. I also love that song that plays when Kagura is doing something epic. DOES ANYONE KNOW THE THE NAME?!?!
it's "Eve no Danpen" ("イヴの断片") by Akino. no other information about this song yet
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 19:26   Link #5
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

I love Kimi no shinwa.

But I also love the ED to Evol, it just sounds so sweet, and sad at the same time, and it I feel as if it has a lot of emotion to it.

As for the OS, I love Sousei no Aquarion, the first OP, and since they've been playing some of the songs from the OS in Evol, I really do hope they play this one.

I will fangirl so much if they play the OP1 from the OS in Evol.

It's my dream.
LastOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 04:59   Link #6
Ypocaramel

It would need a really epic scene to match.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-26, 05:23   Link #7
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

I think there's tiny chance for someone to dislike Sousei no Aquarion
As for Kimi no Shinwa, I've loved it ever since it was used on the PV. Used to watched the PV over and over just to listened to the song

Btw, has anyone ever listened to the Sousei no Aquarion Onii-sama to song? Read it that it was sung by AKINO and AKASHI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Then I have Gensis of Aquarion - the English is beautiful here. Normally, Japanese are horrible at pronouncing certain English terms but Akino appears to have no problem.
That's because the bless4 siblings were born (apart for AKASHI) and lived within the United States before they moved back to Japan ^^

I liked bless4. Watched the video when they performed Mazinger Z theme and Cha-la Head Cha-la live and it was great
Old 2012-03-26, 05:43   Link #8
Ypocaramel

A native speaker once commented it's their Japanese that sound a little off to native speakers. Kinda Daniel Wu to Cantonese speakers I assume.
Old 2012-03-26, 08:31   Link #9
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

The ED "Gekkou Symphonia" is pure love to my ears

But the lyrics are so tragic. ;_;
theflyingturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 00:33   Link #10
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

According to this site Aquarion EVOL OST will be released on may 23.

hell yeah I'll be waiting for it!!
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 02:30   Link #11
Ypocaramel

Good thank goodness. By then Aquarion will probably have a new OP though, something else to buy .
Old 2012-03-27, 16:36   Link #12
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The first series changed their OP in the 18th episode, would this be the same for EVOL or are they going for the more traditional route ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-27, 22:37   Link #13
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The first series changed their OP in the 18th episode, would this be the same for EVOL or are they going for the more traditional route ?
I love Kimi no Shinwa too much to even accept the possibility of them changing it. But if they do, I sure hope they'll put as much effort into the sequence as they did for the first. Genesis' 2nd OP was pretty much an official AMV.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 18:43   Link #14
cyberdemon

a jazz version for the english version of sousei no aquarion. skip to about 2 minutes. the first part is from negima

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuf4a...ature=youtu.be
Old 2012-04-17, 21:44   Link #15
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Man,I was really hoping that ED was a one time thing but it looks as though it's here to stay.Well I guess I'll have to live with it.

Ogura Yui should take some lessons from HanaKana in how to do that type of songs.
Old 2012-04-18, 03:48   Link #16
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
a jazz version for the english version of sousei no aquarion. skip to about 2 minutes. the first part is from negima

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuf4a...ature=youtu.be
This is a great find! Thanks!
theflyingturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 05:09   Link #17
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Right, Album cover is upped in flyingdog website!

... How subtle. /sarcasm

Still haven't gotten any news on the tracks for the OST/Album, but supposedly there will be a lot of vocal tracks (insert songs included) including Paradoxical Zoo and Yunoha no Mori.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 05:18   Link #18
kuromitsu

Oh, that cover. XDDD

I expected the insert songs, but I wonder about the instrumental tracks. All Kanno tracks are from the Genesis OSTs, why would they re-release them? (Then again, why not?) However, are there enough tracks by whatshername, the other composer, to fill a soundtrack?

I wouldn't mind if they released the new tracks, though. I really want that cute piano piece that played when Amata met Mikono, or when Mikono talked with Yunoha in the latest ep.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 05:29   Link #19
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Oh, that cover. XDDD

I expected the insert songs, but I wonder about the instrumental tracks. All Kanno tracks are from the Genesis OSTs, why would they re-release them? (Then again, why not?) However, are there enough tracks by whatshername, the other composer, to fill a soundtrack?
4ch explodes in 3... 2... 1...

From what I gather, the "OST" itself is currently classified as "Album". It's pretty much sealing the deal that it will be compilation of songs with that. Dunno who said that this was the OST...

In fact, I think one of the CD included in BD release IS the real OST (new arrangements and music composed/arranged by the composers as opposed to vocal songs).

Edit: Said BD that had OST CD - vol 3. Rumour had it that this BD volume will be having Shrade/Cayenne cover package

Last edited by Natsuki Hyuga; 2012-04-19 at 05:36. Reason: Wtf grammar
Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 08:14   Link #20
mixordia

The Soundtrack is out, but I was disappointed because they didn't put the instrumental version of Celiane.... I'm love with Fragments of Eve.