AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-12, 20:49   Link #6281
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Wasn't this your fault to begin with? Didn't YOU say that you're unequivocally avoiding platooning until YOU say so? Well we've been doing just that: avoiding platooning with you. Also it's not like we avoid platooning if you invite us, but you never invite ever. Like at all.

And it's not like we avoid high tiers -- heck Irenicus and I went from tier 5 to tier 8 yesterday! It's just that the volatility at tiers 7 and up is so unstable, that bad MM distribution is way too common for comfort. It is NOT an enviroment that casuals like the most of us common people can really thrive in!
Old 2013-05-12, 20:51   Link #6282
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamijou_Touma View Post
kimi still hasn't gotten his tier X brit tank... even tho he won the SP and some gold from my clan tourny... which is surprising to me cuz he's supposedly grindin for it
well, that because I was taking a break from WoT to watch my anime backlog, will get on it soon.
Old 2013-05-12, 21:31   Link #6283
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
yes, besides you just got that tank, and i've have 4 tier 10s and 3 tier 9s to play wit now, and it seems everyone in MUP is prolly annoyed by me have all these 10s and 9s.
Why should we? That just means you're a dedicated player. You think we're jealous of you or something?

Quote:
i'm kinda pissed off that no one even tries to get to the last tiers anymore, there just stickin around tier 5, 6, 7, and 8. The problem i see is that more ppl that have join WoT becuz of GUP, mainly joins the GUP related clan names..... we haven't gotten any new recruits since Oni and Pak left for that italian school clan. well at least we got RW in the clan, but he's been slowly playing tier 5s.
Oh, give me a break. I want to move up the tiers. I want to get a Jagdtiger, FV 183, and Batchat. But at the same time, I want to get better at the tanks I like and level up skills on their crew so they can perform even better. I also want to get used to the middle tiers so I can do better in the high tiers. And I'm sure I'm not the only one in MUP who feels this way.

I understand that you want more of us to get tier 9/10 tanks, but there are smarter ways of voicing that message to us.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 21:39   Link #6284
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
i'm kinda pissed off that no one even tries to get to the last tiers anymore
I'll be back up after I satisfy my OCD by getting all tanks Ace Mastery badges and 50.5% win rate.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 21:42   Link #6285
Pen3

Quote:
well you guys stated that you will be slow, but as for our other members who've been taking it easy.

ES, I don't even know if he will ever get a tier 9.

the reason i'm pissed off is cuz no one can platoon or don't want to platoon even if they could.
Not evey one can afford to free xp all the way to a Maus or such. As for playing Tier9 and 10 i usually only do it solo pub unless my plat is with high eff players like Mow, Kampfer, Maximo, Talos and a who ever doesn't mind my whining on bad teams.

I also got my Batchat this morning i think.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 21:50   Link #6286
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
I also got my Batchat this morning i think.
FFFFF, so jealous. That said, no hurry for the Batchat, though I think I won't like my future time on the Lorraine when I eventually unlock it.

Hmm, if I compute things right, the T-54 can actually mount EVERYTHING with the default suspension, and the second one only adds traverse rate. Load off my mind, as that DTC is a priority.
Old 2013-05-12, 21:51   Link #6287
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
well, that because I was taking a break from WoT to watch my anime backlog, will get on it soon.
I need to do that after i take my math final tomorrow.
Old 2013-05-12, 22:11   Link #6288
Gravitas Free Zone

I hit the brakes on the Tier 10 race after shooting $50 worth of gold into free XP conversion for the E-50M, seeing Tier 10, and deciding that battles at that tier were not so different than battles at Tier 8 except for costing a lot more credits per game and having people stare at each other's weakspots unless they were dislodged by BatChats or enormous artillery rounds.

So the American standard heavy grind is moving along slowly (M103 researched, not purchased yet), the Pershing is about halfway to the M46 Patton but I'm only really doing dailies on it, the IS-3 is about a third of the way to the IS-8 but I'm only really doing dailies on it, I got the IndienPanzer because I hated the 3002DB with a burning passion but the Leopard 1 is probably some months off, and I can hardly be bothered to use my Tiger II. The T-43 is about halfway to the T-44, but again, it's just a daily, not a grind. (The T-43 isn't as horrifying as its description on the wiki makes it out to be.)
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 22:21   Link #6289
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

To be honest, I may never make it to Tier 10. Summer is coming soon and if everything goes as planned, I'll be reunited with my girls one way or another. Once that happens, I will have very little, if any, time to play this game.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying it as much as I can.
Old 2013-05-12, 22:33   Link #6290
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

i've been asking for platoon but no one responds much, Q was the only one that i've platooned with last night.

as for saying ppl should get a move on higher tiers, while gaining more exp for crew and urselves, you should have at least had more than enough experience if you past 2500 - 3000 battles.

i mean how bad do you think high tiers are, i play for dailies and manage to get some if not all good games on them... sure you will lose alot depending on the tank you drive at tier 10 even if you win a round, but u guys have been taking forever, or scared of tier 10 games for some reason.....

anyways how can you gain experience in a tier you haven't played yet, it makes no sense, gettin better at tanks is only playing to get better at tier 6s, 7s, 8s games. and depending on what tier 8 tank you have you may end up in a tier 9 or 10 battle, but it doesn't mean you gain exp in a tier 9 or 10 tank. there is difference when you play those tiers once you've played them on live servers, test servers don't count.

will not be on tonight.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-05-12 at 23:05.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 22:37   Link #6291
LeoXiao
思想工作

Have access to 5 t10s, own 1.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 23:29   Link #6292
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
*snips*
Drop the gamer's mindset for once and please realize not everyone operates on the same wavelength as you. For a lot of us thing of this is a passtime, and that's it. Frankly few of us have the patience or the resources to hit the end tiers. I'm surprised I even have tier 9s at this point, for example, and I barely play as it is.

And that comes to the salient point: not everyone can play with the same intensity required by higher-tier combat. Frankly, a lot of the time it's not fun, and at tier 9 onwards, you're basically asking for loss without much gain. This is why casuals just stick to tier 5s, because it's still fun to play at tier 5.

As for me, my target was always tier 8. The only reason why I have tier 9s was because I eventually hit that point through the sheer amount of games I played on the King Tiger (and eventually the T-44). That's all.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-05-12 at 23:46.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 23:51   Link #6293
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

You can't expect it to be fun if you don't run a platoon, I've rubbed high tier 9 and 10 platoon in the past with some of the players that haven't played. Darjeeling plays less than any of us and he managed to get his Brit tier 10. I mean if a Japanese player who barely plays reaches tier 10 and plays in Japan time where most of us aren't even on, with about 5k battles, cmon that's depressing. Some of u guys have played more than me as well and I managed to get there at playing casually at first before I said screw it and just free cord my way up. Shoot i don't even have a real stable job.

I've been told to get a life, which is why I've been trying to get into some interviews... and yet I managed, although I pissed off a few players along the way there.
Old 2013-05-12, 23:53   Link #6294
willx
Nyaaan~~

So, I bought the Stug3 back again to see if I could bring it back to 50% (from 37%) now that I know the game mechanics and all .. and it's not working..
Old 2013-05-12, 23:58   Link #6295
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

And? The point is many of us aren't in a hurry to get to tier 10, or even planned to get there. If it happens, fine, but don't hold your breath that many will be able to do so, and even those who DO can't be expected to play as well as, say, Kimi or Pen3.

As much as I'd like to platoon with Darjeeling, it's hard to communicate via phone emoji. Makes me wish I bothered with my JPL proficiency...

willx: Hard to dig yourself out of a hole even if you're more skilled, if MM decides on pairing you with crappy teams. It's why I've officially written off my AMX 13 75 as a lost cause. The 37% win rate on it is black mark, for sure....
Old 2013-05-13, 00:04   Link #6296
Gravitas Free Zone

I managed to survive the weekend and scrape together a slight increase in my global win rate through judicious playing and sheer bloody-mindedness. Still, about an hour ago, when I was trying to pound out just one damned win with the IndienPanzer, thoughts of the ultimate frivolousness of it all came to mind.

I actually got the iPanzer win (after three losses) by dropping back to my M4 Sherman and spending a round beating on things at random.

All of Sunday was lone pubbing. I had a lot of other things going on and didn't want to worry about hopping in and out of platoons.

Ultimately, you have to have your own level of fun at this. We get poked at enough by random people in the game, there's no need to nag at other people outside of the game.

In all of my extremely long online gaming history I've never really done competitive gaming. The extra level of work required feels like, well, work. Which I don't want this to be.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 00:04   Link #6297
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

MuP is not a hardcore clan. For sure, its a dedicated clan with clear objectives, but it is also a clan that recognizes people have a real life issue. MuP is not HAVOC, MuP consists mostly responsible adults with jobs and family.

Some people think Tier 10 is the end-game, ultimate goal/objective. Others just want to drive around WWII tanks and feel good.

Hell, even I have very specific tanks I drive.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-13, 00:05   Link #6298
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I managed to survive the weekend and scrape together a slight increase in my global win rate through judicious playing and sheer bloody-mindedness. Still, about an hour ago, when I was trying to pound out just one damned win with the IndienPanzer, thoughts of the ultimate frivolousness of it all came to mind.

I actually got the iPanzer win (after three losses) by dropping back to my M4 Sherman and spending a round beating on things at random.

All of Sunday was lone pubbing. I had a lot of other things going on and didn't want to worry about hopping in and out of platoons.
This whole weekend was fine for me. In fact, I found it quite enjoyable to hit pubbies on the head with a hammer. Solo-pubbing had me up over 20 games .. until the StuG3. I think I have had over 7 net losses. I can do >1k dmg in a tier 7 game and still lose. So hard to carry a team with a flimsy camo sniper..
Old 2013-05-13, 00:07   Link #6299
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

@ Wil well I would think it would depend on the gun u use and if u like playing turretless.

@ teru that's y u have platoon wit Q and Darjeeling, which is watch I did one time,.besides I've duoed wit him and he is actually better than me if he got serious. I platoon with his Jagtiger and he did better than my T30. You don't need to communicate much, I just supported him where he goes, that is if u know how and teru u discredit urself too much ur actually better than me on most occasions when we do platoon.

@Q true ppl have lives..... but to have been playing longer than me and have had more overall experience than me, I know MUP isn't suppose to be hardcore and it's better to be like that, but having t9s and 10s sitting in the garage taking up space and crew feels like a waste to not at least win the daily on it. And why would you care about loses at that tier, isn't the reason to play the tiers in the first place suppose to be fun... sure I lose 50 to 100k if I lose on some tanks at high tiers but I still have some lvl of fun.
Old 2013-05-13, 00:16   Link #6300
Pen3

T30 is just classed as a TD its actually a tank, an over powered T34. I guess i am a purist and play the turretless guys only.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks