AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-08-17, 10:23   Link #35661
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Infinite Stratos

At six meter tall and roughly 25 tons in mass, it was first introduced as humanoid space exploration unit, but around the same time as arrival of BETA, it's true ability was unveiled.

Maneuvering capability beyond a jet fighter, durability of a main battle tank, firepower comparable to a platoon of composite infantry, and near invulnerable to laser due to presence of energy barrier.

All those performance can be attained without burdening the pilot like conventional weapon due to it's advanced life support system and mass reduction system. It was said that the only reason human survived the continued onslaught relatively intact is because of their presence.

Infinite Stratos can only piloted optimally by females between 12-20 year, which caused quite a social rift as the result. It's small cockpit, itself is unalterable, can only accommodate direct neural interface system and little amount of subsystem console. As the pilot went past maturity, their synchronization ratio start to decline.

Terrestrial Dreamer

Infinite Stratos truly a magnificent weapon platform, however there are too many factor limiting their presence such as the limitation of core cockpit as the only one knew how to construct it, Dr. Tabane Shinonono, has disappeared.

The new unit use different cockpit with different power source and electronic suite with mostly manual console supported by neurohelmet, which resulted in larger frame roughly 8 meters tall, some can be as heavy as 35 tons apiece.

While it could posses firepower equal or even higher than I.S., it suffer a lot in terms of mobility and defense due the inferior mass-reduction and lack of energy barrier. The next generation unit therefore ditched heavy armor to compensate the reduced mobility.

Even after those alteration, their average operational lifespan is said to be roughly 18 minutes.
Old 2012-08-17, 10:27   Link #35662
demino_hellsin
That one guy

*staaaaaare* *looks at pamphlet* *looks back up to the designs* *sparkly eyes* It's beautiful.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 10:27   Link #35663
Eratas123

Did you forget about the Alaska Treaty? There's no way something made for fighting would get a pass......at least legally.
Old 2012-08-17, 10:30   Link #35664
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

When alien with skin harder than diamond and fang capable to pierce building eating people around and shooting aircraft with pinpoint laser, nobody cares about that anymore.
Old 2012-08-17, 10:31   Link #35665
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I don't think the Alaska Treaty means much since there's an alien invasion going on up there XD
Old 2012-08-17, 10:32   Link #35666
Eratas123

Right, I forgot about that

Side note - Can you skip days of school at a time as long as your grades are decent?
Old 2012-08-17, 10:35   Link #35667
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Truth, btw, Alaska Treaty don't exist because the introduction of I.S. and alien Invasion happen around the same time

@ Eras
Depending on the school policy and the reasoning (also nepotism)
Old 2012-08-17, 10:36   Link #35668
Eratas123

Shouldn't it be okay as long as they good grades on tests, projects, and other things?
Old 2012-08-17, 10:37   Link #35669
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

As I said depending on the school's policy, sometimes you can get crappy grades and still graduate if you're diligent enough.
Old 2012-08-17, 10:40   Link #35670
Eratas123

Alright thanks I just realized some fridge logic: If Saito goes to school by day and then home by night, I need a justification as to how he runs around Odaiba doing these things.
Old 2012-08-17, 10:49   Link #35671
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Spoiler for saving space:

(only I.S. can use energy weapon, except chemical laser)

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-08-17 at 11:05.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 11:05   Link #35672
demino_hellsin
That one guy

gundams are 18-20 meters tall and they have 76mm igelstellungs. I think you can spare a couple of calibers?

The difference between AE and IS is blurred in my head because AE is really pursuing to surpass IS. It doesn't help that the guy who made them, Croixas, is Tabane level Sue :/
Old 2012-08-17, 17:43   Link #35673
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Spoiler for RantS:

There are TD units that carries vastly improved 76mm Otobreda, which is classified as warship autocannon. But it's a quad leg and classified as mobile artillery platform than anything else (Quad legs has poor running and dashing capability but higher maximum load, firing stability, and better terrain handling). No matter how you look at it, 6 ton warship main cannon in a 30 ton real robot simply hilariously overkill.
Spoiler for invasion:

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-08-17 at 23:02.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 23:58   Link #35674
Eratas123

And You say I make grimdark? True hopelessness is what makes a story completely black. Even the drafts I make tend to avoid "The Bad Guys Wins" and "Karma Houdini". Having an Anti-hero makes it easier to write stories where the bad guys get their comeuppance no matter what.
Old 2012-08-18, 00:05   Link #35675
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hey, I did say 'might'. It's supposed to be so cliche that the reader can see the happy ending from miles away, such as the protagonist screwed their business and said invader being trumped by even more powerful species, and earth is so puny for them that they just leave it alone. The protagonist settled in and thus repopulating time. Karma is a biatch
Old 2012-08-18, 00:17   Link #35676
Eratas123

Do you think it takes skills to go undercover and never once get attached to the people you're spying on? I've read multiple cases where agents end up becoming the mask and playing their roles too well.
Old 2012-08-18, 00:22   Link #35677
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Skill, dedication, and loyalty.

The lack of later one is worrying...
Old 2012-08-18, 00:25   Link #35678
Eratas123

Shouldn't someone who's not overtly loyal be best? I mean, they won't get attached to the people they're spying on no matter their cause.
Old 2012-08-18, 01:05   Link #35679
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I mean the loyalty to his original organization.

Remember the sorrow?
Old 2012-08-18, 01:33   Link #35680
Eratas123

That what? Is that from MGS?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest