Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-29, 11:48   Link #1021
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Not really. It's radiation surge may be extremely powerful but it is rather slow acting. Take EP 6, when its used against the float equipped Sutherlands and Guilfords Vincent it destroys the mook units but takes a while to overload his unit.

It's less powerful than a hadron cannon which destroys a unit completely in one shot, while it damages the mech over time. I guess to make up for this drawback they had to make it an unblockable attack.
Wasn't the Byron Cannon capable of blocking the Radiation Wave? Granted, that was a beam war, but still...
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 11:58   Link #1022
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Wasn't the Byron Cannon capable of blocking the Radiation Wave? Granted, that was a beam war, but still...
I meant shielding wise.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 16:17   Link #1023
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Speaking of Baryon canon, why is Shen-Hu it's only application in the whole world?

Why aren't there any on the Ikaruga or as a OotBK heavy weapon?

Did Laksharta got bored of it? Are Radiation Wave and Hadron technology so much better?

Or was there any explication given?
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 16:21   Link #1024
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Obviously the Hadron Cannon is better. It can fire continuously (or rather it could). The Bayron Cannon likely only has a short blast period and no doubt takes a heap of power when fully-charged.
Old 2008-07-29, 16:32   Link #1025
JMvS
Rawrrr!

I just wondered, would Shinrikou's main weapon be based on Baryon Technology, or was it described as a kind of laser?
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 17:34   Link #1026
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I doubt they're related. It's a big laser. The Bayron Cannon is more like the radiation wave in appearance.
Old 2008-07-29, 17:48   Link #1027
Dream_Traveller
Banned

And its beam is yellow.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 18:20   Link #1028
Var
Banned

With the naming conventions for CG on weapons, I'm half expecting the next cannon to be called the Meson cannon.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 04:28   Link #1029
Grandmaster Moron

Huh? I always thought that Baryon > Hadron?

BTW the beam thing Tristan uses, has it been given a name or what it is?
Grandmaster Moron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 04:59   Link #1030
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Not really. It's radiation surge may be extremely powerful but it is rather slow acting. Take EP 6, when its used against the float equipped Sutherlands and Guilfords Vincent it destroys the mook units but takes a while to overload his unit.

It's less powerful than a hadron cannon which destroys a unit completely in one shot, while it damages the mech over time. I guess to make up for this drawback they had to make it an unblockable attack.
Wasn't the Lancelot able to block the Guren's attack in episode 6? Pulled out the sword which got blown up, but when talking to Cecile could see the green shielding in contact. Not to mention a few moments later the Lancelot and its arm weren't destroyed or anything. So not sure if I'd call it unblockable. Or is there a big difference between the close range and the longer range attack? Not diffused I didn't think the power would be different, but I'm no expert on these things anyways. Though with it being upgraded uncertain if it can hold up to that anymore anyways.
Old 2008-07-30, 11:54   Link #1031
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

The Lancelot can use its shields to block the short range blast. Unless it uses that cone trick from R2 episode 6, it wouldn't be able to block the long range one.
Old 2008-07-30, 16:05   Link #1032
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
also
it can block it when its head is being crashed by the clow
Old 2008-07-30, 19:16   Link #1033
PzIVf3

If Nina using the Freya at Tokyo cud that mean Suzaku will change side on Lelouch?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 19:18   Link #1034
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Seeing as how Suzaku's the one using it, him changing side would certainly need some decent extenuating circumstances.
Old 2008-07-31, 11:13   Link #1035
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Seeing as how Suzaku's the one using it, him changing side would certainly need some decent extenuating circumstances.
Not really. There's a thing called "guilt" and it does some pretty interesting things.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 12:12   Link #1036
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
Not really. There's a thing called "guilt" and it does some pretty interesting things.
I think the extenuating circumstances are more for others accepting him. If he nukes Tokyo settlement, Kallen and Lelouch will likely despise him (as Nunally is there, as is Kallen's mother). There will need to be something pretty substantial aside from guilt to have him defect and be accepted and not just killed on the spot.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 12:42   Link #1037
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I think the extenuating circumstances are more for others accepting him. If he nukes Tokyo settlement, Kallen and Lelouch will likely despise him (as Nunally is there, as is Kallen's mother). There will need to be something pretty substantial aside from guilt to have him defect and be accepted and not just killed on the spot.
Well, I don't think morbosfist was commenting on whether or not Suzaku would be accepted by anyone. It sounded more to me like he was saying that it would be hypocritical for Suzaku to switch sides (regardless of acceptance or not) because he was the one that was using Freya.

As far as it being hypocritical for Suzaku, I think that's ridiculous. Like I mentioned, guilt is a powerful emotion and it causes people to do things that they wouldn't normally do. So, in the scenario where Suzaku does use Freya and mass murders countless people with it, I could see his guilt affecting him to the point where he may possibly consider switching sides.

I was replying because I felt like morbofist was needlessly crapping on Suzaku.

But as far as what you're saying, Var, I agree with you. It would be asinine beyond belief for Suzaku to switch sides. Let alone switch sides and for anyone to consider him an ally. I mean, the idea is just preposterous. But my original post wasn't commenting on whether or not I believe he will switch sides or if he would be accepted, I was commenting on a plausible reason why, if Suzaku used Freya, he would want to switch sides.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 13:19   Link #1038
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
Exactly. Suzaku felt so much guilt from murdering his dad that he promised himself he would do things "the right way" from now on and joined Britannia to try and change it from the inside out(and die, can't forget that part).

This occurence caused a marked deviation in his personality, who's to say something similar that happens in the future won'y have a similar impact.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 14:04   Link #1039
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Now, on the topic. What were those Valkirie units in episode 16? They looked like some sort of... pink Lanlecot/ward air? Does anyone have any idea what was that?
He did not call the Knightmares "Valkyries", he called the team piloting them the Valkyrie team. As for the Knightmares themselves, those are the mass-produced Vincents. I get the feeling that they all have female pilots, due to the name of "Valkyrie". The pink doesn't hurt, either.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 14:06   Link #1040
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
He did not call the Knightmares "Valkyries", he called the team piloting them the Valkyrie team. As for the Knightmares themselves, those are the mass-produced Vincents. I get the feeling that they all have female pilots, due to the name of "Valkyrie". The pink doesn't hurt, either.
......Whatever, it'll be good time to introduce Nonette and Monica
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha