AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-01-22, 02:27   Link #1061
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Sigh.. dont complicated things when everything is not ... A little common sense could go a long way you know, for example .. I knew 1 gal who use google for nearly everything.. even thing like NSW posted above .. I for one use it for simple common thing.. Genryou asking for a thingie .. and that thingie happens to have a familiar brand.. Logic dictates it would very much likely to show up at the very top of the search engine.

But then again, most website designer are trained unconciously when they add keyword search for metadata anyway So they most likely keyed in search word more precisely
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 03:52   Link #1062
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I really didn't expect so much conversation in response to my little joke about Google. Obviously when it comes to asking what is X, you can just google for X. That was the case of asking what "Adobe Encore" is. That takes about 20 seconds to find the answer with Google. It is really easy when the topic is so simply defined.

When it comes to more complicated questions like this or this you couldn't possibly answer it with google nearly so easily.

Google might not be able to easily to answer EVERY question, but I hope people will take the time to do at least 2 minutes of research with Google before posting the question here. I really hope that this can be the final word on this strange digression.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 04:25   Link #1063
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Silly.. I'm too lazy to think question ..

@ NSW, can you share the codes in your sig? I kinda like the leftside image rightside text effect Using left and right tag shifted the lower tag.. well .. lower ..

For example .. using [right][left] tag it became ..

Old 2008-01-22, 04:30   Link #1064
xris
Just call me Ojisan

It was the introduction of the table tag (implemented by NightWish I beleive) that allows such funky layouts in the sig.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 04:41   Link #1065
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Ohh .. I've missed this!

Thanks!

Last edited by KiNA; 2008-01-22 at 04:53.
Old 2008-01-22, 05:48   Link #1066
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
Silly.. I'm too lazy to think question ..

@ NSW, can you share the codes in your sig? I kinda like the leftside image rightside text effect Using left and right tag shifted the lower tag.. well .. lower ..
Sure. Here's my signature code:

[table][tr][td][url=http://my.opera.com/][IMG]http://a.imagehost.org/0086/opr01_xga-148banner.jpg[/IMG][/url][/td][td][hr]100[/hr][COLOR="Blue"]Not only will h264 improve your video quality, it will also elimate spyware, cure baldness, clean your windows and studies have shown that it is 3.2 times better than sex.[/COLOR] [URL="http://www.cccp-project.net/"]Get CCCP here[/URL].
[hr]100[/hr][I][COLOR="SeaGreen"]There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.[/COLOR][/I][hr]100[/hr]
[/td][/tr][/table]

As xris said, I use the table tag to put text next to image. I've found through experimentation that it looks rather naked unless I add horizontal ruling above and below it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-01-22, 16:41   Link #1067
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
It was the introduction of the table tag (implemented by NightWish I beleive) that allows such funky layouts in the sig.
The easiest way to use the tags is to copy the example and edit it from there.

PS: Hope mine fits the limits ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 17:02   Link #1068
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You can also use tables to manage the display of content in postings. I sometimes use them to put graphics side-by-side with accompanying captions like this.

I wish there were a way to control the table, column and row widths like you can with HTML. Instead the table dynamically resizes to fit the display area. There are also no vertical alignment controls either. Still tables do make it much easier to lay out graphics and text in a non-standard way.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 18:13   Link #1069
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
The easiest way to use the tags is to copy the example and edit it from there.

PS: Hope mine fits the limits ^^
Oh dear. I wonder if I've started a trend.

Old 2008-01-22, 18:14   Link #1070
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Oh dear. I wonder if I've started a trend.
Hahaha ^_^. I usually don't pay attention to what other users do with their signatures, till I saw yours and Kina's yabbering about it ^^. It's a refreshing new look.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-22, 18:39   Link #1071
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
It's a refreshing new look.
Yes, well. I would like to point out that you are in fact breaking the sig limits with that sig

If you adjust the size of your browser such that it's in the region of 600 or 700 pixels wide, then you will see the text scrunches up and comes to about 20 lines.

I'm unable to produce an image of this to show but it should be easy to recreate by just changing the size of your browser.

Quote:

My
Extractions &
Wallpapers --
> Daisuki
Scans

Wallpapers -
My current
extraction
progress -
Makura's
H2O #1

Visit my
Deviantart
or my
thread
^^ / My
favorite
Tutorials -
1 - Part 1
of 2
- Part
2 of 2

Thanks for
the Sig,
Runa ^^
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-23, 19:23   Link #1072
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

What exactly is a Radio CD?

I got the Hayate no Gotoku one just out of random curiosity. It's Shiraishi Ryouko (Hayate) and Kugimiya Rie (Nagi), but they're not really talking about the show. There is an opening section in character, then they just go on randomly. Right now, they're talking about window shopping. Before this was about how they both enjoyed Yakitate! Japan and how the bread is so out of this world. Sometimes, they read fanmail...it's totally random.

It's extremely cute, but what is this supposed to be? It seems to be a compilation of some sort.
Old 2008-01-23, 19:39   Link #1073
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post

I got the Hayate no Gotoku one just out of random curiosity. It's Shiraishi Ryouko (Hayate) and Kugimiya Rie (Nagi), but they're not really talking about the show. There is an opening section in character, then they just go on randomly. Right now, they're talking about window shopping. Before this was about how they both enjoyed Yakitate! Japan and how the bread is so out of this world. Sometimes, they read fanmail...it's totally random.

It's extremely cute, but what is this supposed to be? It seems to be a compilation of some sort.
I've never heard of it referred to as a Radio CD, only as a drama CD. Generally, it's something for the fans - the voice actors and actresses will, in character, go through a scenario. It isn't animated, but it's almost like just listening to anime. It's a way to extend the life of an anime series, I suppose - you get to hear your favorite characters doing things and talking to each other. From the ones I've heard, it's usually just light-hearted events or conversation - nothing that adds to the main plot.
Old 2008-01-23, 20:12   Link #1074
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I've never heard of it referred to as a Radio CD, only as a drama CD. Generally, it's something for the fans - the voice actors and actresses will, in character, go through a scenario. It isn't animated, but it's almost like just listening to anime. It's a way to extend the life of an anime series, I suppose - you get to hear your favorite characters doing things and talking to each other. From the ones I've heard, it's usually just light-hearted events or conversation - nothing that adds to the main plot.
That's what I thought it was at first, but I've been listening while browsing AS, so I have a better idea of what this is. It's extremely different from a drama CD. Like in the Haruhi drama CD, they go through all of it in character, scripted. In this, the only real references to the show would be like the "Sanzenin Soudan Corner" (Sanzenin Consultation Corner) where the fans send in mail asking the seiyuu. For example, asking them if there was a way to eat a lot at a buffet (they say tabehoudai no restaurant, that is buffet, right?), because the fan was stuck at seven helpings of food (!).
Old 2008-01-23, 20:17   Link #1075
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
That's what I thought it was at first, but I've been listening while browsing AS, so I have a better idea of what this is. It's extremely different from a drama CD. Like in the Haruhi drama CD, they go through all of it in character, scripted. In this, the only real references to the show would be like the "Sanzenin Soudan Corner" (Sanzenin Consultation Corner) where the fans send in mail asking the seiyuu. For example, asking them if there was a way to eat a lot at a buffet (they say tabehoudai no restaurant, that is buffet, right?), because the fan was stuck at seven helpings of food (!).
Ah, in that case I know what you're talking about. Back when I was subbing Yumeria I came across a radio talk given by two or three of the voice actresses. It was a filmed version, but you basically saw them in the booth, talking, maybe answering calls (can't remember). I never watched the whole thing and our translator at the time rebelled against the idea of translating an hour of solid dialogue (I don't blame him - if you ever read this, you're still the best, drvtech!)

I never knew that those were sold or even very popular, but perhaps they're becoming moreso?
Old 2008-01-23, 20:31   Link #1076
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
Ah, in that case I know what you're talking about. Back when I was subbing Yumeria I came across a radio talk given by two or three of the voice actresses. It was a filmed version, but you basically saw them in the booth, talking, maybe answering calls (can't remember). I never watched the whole thing and our translator at the time rebelled against the idea of translating an hour of solid dialogue (I don't blame him - if you ever read this, you're still the best, drvtech!)

I never knew that those were sold or even very popular, but perhaps they're becoming moreso?
Yeah, it was something like that, must be some part of hardcore otaku fandom, since it was pretty well seeded.
Old 2008-01-25, 03:22   Link #1077
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The radio CDs can be hilarious (sometimes you'll find instances of such free-wheeling interviews on character CDs).... but I'll say I've often never heard the Japanese language so shredded when they all get excited or laughing. Lotus flowers to any poor translator that has to sift through some of those things (since they'll be ashes ).
Old 2008-01-26, 01:10   Link #1078
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:

Radio CDs are usually compilations of web radios such as the ones on the AnimateTV website. If you browse through the website you can find web radio pages for many current (and past) anime series. They do take down the links when a radio CD is released (or else no one will buy!) Usually seiyus of the major characters host a 10 ~ 40 minute long radio session, talking about mundane things like what they ate for lunch to incidents during a recording session to reading fan letters and to acting out short scenes. Great fun listening to people switching back and forth from their in-character voices. I think it's an extension of the Japanese/Asian tradition of watching entertainers goof off on TV ("game shows").

Depending on who's the host, it can be very entertaining. My favorite host is Ueda Kana; she's does a great job of keeping the conversation both controlled and flowing. With lesser hosts it sometimes degrades into a "mass of giggles and jabbering" or an "awkward silence."
Old 2008-01-26, 03:37   Link #1079
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Ah yes, those game shows. It's quite different, but I can definitely see where these radio programs are coming from now. I've heard people say that Tomokazu Sugita is very good at ad-libbing, I guess this is what they're talking about.

Thanks dahl_moon!
Old 2008-01-29, 03:22   Link #1080
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

How do I make the custom user title italic?

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious