Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-26, 15:59   Link #441
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Heh, all this talk about profiles and stuff, and I almost forgot about this -

Nominations close at 8:00 PM EST

On a side note, I like the intergration of the font. Very nice.
Old 2008-03-26, 16:04   Link #442
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Oh yeah nominations. Drat, hit the Enter key accidentally - re-submitted my nominations with a full list. +5 to Kiri

Edit: Alright, here's the revised Suiseiseki profile. I've had to adapt the transition sentence that links biography to Saimoe history, to better reflect the different focus of my version compared to the original. Now awaiting feedback:

=============

Suiseiseki:

Spoiler for er, gee that's long:

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)

Last edited by Psieye; 2008-03-26 at 16:35.
Old 2008-03-26, 17:06   Link #443
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
Oh yeah nominations. Drat, hit the Enter key accidentally - re-submitted my nominations with a full list. +5 to Kiri

Edit: Alright, here's the revised Suiseiseki profile. I've had to adapt the transition sentence that links biography to Saimoe history, to better reflect the different focus of my version compared to the original. Now awaiting feedback:

=============

Suiseiseki:

Spoiler for er, gee that's long:
Thank you for reminding me that I have to look over the Saimoe histories again. It looks like Ayu's getting her way in as well. And a certain source in the Rozen Maiden forum is saying that the Rozen Maiden manga may return soon. I may have to start over (not really, just make tidbit edits) from Suiseiseki and go down to FANVOTE #17.

And uh, you didn't have to copy the histories.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-03-26 at 17:27.
Old 2008-03-26, 18:18   Link #444
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

45 minutes until nominations close. There is now a special message on the news page (some of you will cry). It's a thank you for all, especially you guys here, who have participated in helping me make this league the way it is. My parents are also included, who are supporting me even though they don't like the idea, and other things are mentioned as well.

The contestants page pretty much is in your control now, since for those of you that have decided to help out, you have all done a wonderful job, and we haven't even gotten 10% done yet. I'm sure that your work on this league will help not only gain reputation for ISML but also for the Japan and Korea tournaments as well, as they too play a part in this league.

This Saturday, my family is heading to Massachusetts for the anniversary of my uncle's death. Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend that anniversary due to a make-up class this Saturday (professor's pneumonia). As a special reminder of his memory, Saturday's exhibition match will be dedicated in loving memory to Marcello Long Nguyen. (It's unfortunate that the theme for that exhibition is a particular someone irritated at Suiseiseki for stealing her melon bread).

I'm going to go ahead and count the current nominations in advance. I want to announce them as early as possible so that our plans will go into affect. I'll inform alphastickmania of the avatars that he is not required to do, and we'll go from there.

EDIT: Nominations are closed. Suiseiseki's Melon-pan Invitational is now open.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-03-26 at 19:05.
Old 2008-03-26, 19:39   Link #445
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I went in expecting two matches, was surprised to see a great deal more... Cheers.
Old 2008-03-26, 19:49   Link #446
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
I went in expecting two matches, was surprised to see a great deal more... Cheers.
I'm going to use the same format for the rest of the season - 3 marquee matchups in the front page, maybe a paragraph concerning some storyline for each. They will be featured on the home page. Usually, it will be an inclusion of top 16 matchups, but some will also be inclusive-series battles as well.

Oh, and uh, top 17 have been announced on the home page. I'll release the full standings shortly, as soon as I get the excel file updated with participating countries. (I never knew there was a country called "Reunion".)
Old 2008-03-26, 20:03   Link #447
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Reunion = Small French island territory in the Indian Ocean if I recall correctly.

The final standings will be interesting.
Old 2008-03-26, 21:34   Link #448
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The final standings will be interesting.
Yep... anxiously awaiting that. Still hoping that Misuzu at least gets to make a showing in the tournament.
Old 2008-03-26, 21:48   Link #449
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Still hoping that Misuzu at least gets to make a showing in the tournament.
It looks like neither Misuzu, Chii, or Osaka made it in *cries*

Oh well, at least all the other girls I knew and wanted to get in did
Old 2008-03-26, 21:54   Link #450
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I really liked Misuzu also, but there's like 10 KyoAni girls I like, and I have to vote for Sakura-chan at least once, so...
Old 2008-03-26, 22:16   Link #451
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
It looks like neither Misuzu, Chii, or Osaka made it in *cries*

Oh well, at least all the other girls I knew and wanted to get in did
Misuzu was off by only 11.

Hold on, I still got to get the file finished. Just got off an important call.
Old 2008-03-26, 22:35   Link #452
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Misuzu was off by only 11.
Awww... so close. Lots of other KyoAni girls, it's true, but Misuzu was one of the first ones I ever realized I actually had a "moe moment" with.

Well, she did her best.
Old 2008-03-26, 22:46   Link #453
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Ah, and I think I'd given 7 points to Misuzu (3, 2, 2).

Well, since we can no longer post our nominations for others to flame:
1 - Nagi: Maria's great, but loli tsunderekkos are just win.
2 - Suigintou: Rie Tanaka still gets her rep, though.
3 - Fate:
4 - Haruhi: She's not a tsunderekko, though.
5 - Kagami: This one was difficult, but Konata's epic line of "Bipolar girls have to have pigtails!" where Tsundere and Twin Tails were translated as such was win.
6 - Souseiseki: Obvious for me.
7 - Refrain: Haven't seen Utawarerumono.
8 - Refrain: Or Negima!.
9 - Rin Tohsaka: Tsundere win.
10 - Rena: Omuchikaeri!
11 - Tsuruya: Eh, my brother is the silent loli fan.
12 - Hinagiku: Ayumu is actually my second favourite Hayate girl, though.
13 - Tamao: She has the Nagisa-power.
14 - Mai: The bunny ears in the wheat field won it for me.
15 - Refrain: Haven't seen ToHeart.
16 - Refrain: See #8.

The profile pictures are coming along well, though I'm not very good at making decisions for pictures. I've narrowed Hinagiku down to three, with Nagi and Yuki at two each.
Spoiler for Hinagiku:

Spoiler for Nagi:

Spoiler for Yuki:

I also tried out the Lithograph (size 22) font, but it has its inconsistencies with letter sizing and such. I still like size 25 Arial Rounded MT Bold more.
Spoiler for Lithograph:
Old 2008-03-26, 23:06   Link #454
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
6 - Souseiseki: Obvious for me.
Boku is not tsudereko. Suiseiseki is (well, not in the traditional start out tsun tsun turn out dere dere over time but rather always tsun tsun in front of jun but shes not fooling anyone!)

of course, your choice is your choice, but im curious as to why Boku is your "obvious" choice considering you like tsunderekos.

plus, suiseiseki has twin tails.... of sorts xD
Old 2008-03-26, 23:10   Link #455
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

For me...

Hina- tough pick between meido and casual. I think I'll go with the casual as the background looks nicer
Nagi - I'd take the second one personally, as it looks cleaner
Yuki - first one for sure, as the 'H' in the background is distracting to me

For votes:
Maria vs Nagi - not hard, being Maria is the one Hayate is most likely romantically interested in...
Suigintou vs Shinku - psycho-moe ftw!
Fate vs Nanoha - adult Nanoha is hot + childhood friends with Yuuno
Haruhi vs Mikuru - Must prevent closed space from expanding!
[b]Kagami[b] vs Konata - If Konata was the bait, Kagami was the hook for me in LS
Sou vs Sui - Considering Suiseiseki is my favourite RM doll, though that really ain't saying much
Eruruu vs Aruruu - Loli < almost everything. Besides, I will probably never forget the tail grab
Konoka vs Eva - Eva, considering she's not really a loli lol
Sakura vs Rin - Tohsaka was really the only reason why I stuck through F/Sn despite it being littered by plot holes
Mion vs Rena - psycho-moe ftw
Yuki vs Tsuruya - lolfang-tan > robot
Ayumu vs Hinagiku - Very few would beat Hina-chan in my moe meter
Abstain - yuri ain't my thing
Nayuki vs Mai - Faito dayo!
Konomi vs Tamaki - Absolutely no contest for me, despite both being childhood friends
Abstain - Apart from Eva and Asuna, I don't remember any of the girls from Negima

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-03-26, 23:26   Link #456
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
I also tried out the Lithograph (size 22) font, but it has its inconsistencies with letter sizing and such. I still like size 25 Arial Rounded MT Bold more.
Spoiler for Lithograph:
Arial is boring and everyday-ish. Why not something new?

The thing about Lithograph is that it does have inconsistencies with letter sizing, the most notable is that there's no difference between Capital letters and lowercase letters. I think it's more consistent if italicized, like the letterings on the avatars.

EDIT 2: You can also try Century Gothic or Comic Sans MS, italicized. Maybe those will look better?

If you can, follow qtipbrit92's model and use both first and last names (not the whole name, but the name I used on the schedules).

I'll start accepting the profile pictures from this post on, presuming the previous ones are drafts?

EDIT: The nomination standings and file is up. Also, the scheduling program is up for download, so if you don't want to wait for it to show on the website, you can download it and see it for yourself.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-03-26 at 23:45.
Old 2008-03-26, 23:47   Link #457
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
Boku is not tsudereko. Suiseiseki is (well, not in the traditional start out tsun tsun turn out dere dere over time but rather always tsun tsun in front of jun but shes not fooling anyone!)

of course, your choice is your choice, but im curious as to why Boku is your "obvious" choice considering you like tsunderekos.

plus, suiseiseki has twin tails.... of sorts xD
Twin Tails aren't really a personal moe favourite of mine, though they are a plus. I'm aware that Souseiseki has neither a tsundere personality nor twintails (both of which Suiseiseki has to some extent.) I've already made it clear that I would be hate-voting against Suiseiseki (even though she's my second favourite doll) throughout the tournament for beating both Fate and Shana in Saimoe 2006.

Even though this one didn't count, I'm practicing my hate-voting skillz.

Last edited by qtipbrit; 2008-03-27 at 00:12.
Old 2008-03-26, 23:53   Link #458
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

I don't know, I like Lithograph.

Anyways, I'm still working on a few myself, gotta try out the Clannad Girls.
Old 2008-03-27, 00:17   Link #459
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post

I agree a lot. Heck, if Psieye finishes Shana's biography, we may use her page as a test. Although I'm still debating whether to use the episode 22 pic or the maid pic...

And as for voting - I'm voting Suiseiseki in favor of Shana. Just so that the final rivalry would be a high-profile matchup.
Old 2008-03-27, 00:24   Link #460
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
EDIT 2: You can also try Century Gothic or Comic Sans MS, italicized. Maybe those will look better?
I'm liking a size 25 Bold Comic Sans MS faux italic with Crisp anti-aliasing.

I'll stick with that, then,

EDIT2: I've found out that the reason I disliked the grey background Yuki was that her head was too large, so I edited and now it's nicer. Yay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post

Eh.
There's also some stuff I haven't see, too, so you and cicido should do the ones for those characters.
Beforehand, I call Matsuri and any Yui Horie characters.
We should have system in which we can decide who does which characters so we don't have to do excess work.
To the extent of my knowledge, cicido and I have worked on Teletha Testarossa, Eri Sawachika, Shana, Hinagiku Katsura, Yuki Nagato, and Nagi Sanzenin.
Cicido's might have done more, though.

I still can't decide what to do with the Shana one, though. We could either go casual/seifuku clothing, Flame Haze, or melonpan waitress.
I've also recently found some Noizi Ito's artwork with Shana eating taiyaki (yes, she doesn't only eat melonpan.)
EDIT: It's not very high resolution, though, but she's too cute to pass up.
EDIT2: Here's the picture with size 25 Bold Comic Sans MS Faux Italic and crisp anti-aliasing.
I like it, but as I said, the resolution was quite low.

EDIT3: She's also missing her ahoge, but that was just an original addition by J.C. Staff.

EDIT4: You know, I'm actually surprised neither Kotonoha nor Sekai of School Days are in this. I'm quite sure they had the Yandere-loving world in an uproar.

Last edited by qtipbrit; 2008-03-27 at 00:40.
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe