AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-01-10, 14:28   Link #9261
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
hey Goose, thanks for the evaluations

I'd like to think my attorney is rather passionately dispassionate. I did name here serene tempest :P

but yeah just another wrinkle to iron out.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 01:59   Link #9262
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

What you can have, as a way to get around, is for Serene Tempest to recuse herself from taking her daughter's case, buy have a trusted colleague or member of her legal firm take the case and then she can advise from the sidelines.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 02:15   Link #9263
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Yeah that was my thought,spose i don't much have a choice hmm, unless i can somehow fudge technicalities via adoption rules (under the father's name instead of hers, they are like twice divorced)

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
Old 2011-01-15, 22:42   Link #9264
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

So Seikou is Stern the Destruction. The tsun in her name makes me even more.
Old 2011-01-20, 13:21   Link #9265
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Please do. Who knows, you might re-ignite the creative spark of Cadia.
I feel rather embarrassed to reply this long.

But in any case, you betcha. I'm gonna post a sample scene on a later part of this post! >:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
I still lurk here, even if I don't really anything to say. Changing interests and all that.

So how's everyone's, uh...year...been?
Short version. I found work. I worked during the holidays. I spend a lot of time in the office. So let's just say that I appreciate what little free time I have nowadays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Zomg, it's GARbein Swirly-kun! Howya been, Aaron?

Actually, I'm glad you've arrived, I wanted to discuss with you an A's PSP fic detailing an certain pairing-

*CRACK*

*Goose is shot from offscreen*
XD

Long time no see, you crazy duck.
And about how I've been... *points above*

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Right, right. In comes our eternal voice of reason to save the day!

Quote:
Well, there's a 'please do' from me here too, frankly - can't say I'm not affected by the fact that every time I return from a long school-based hiatus there seems to be less than half the traffic from before.

Of course, the Cadian community's creative spark is still there - it's just being used...elsewhere, so to speak. To the neglect of Cadia itself, no doubt, but I guess it's a natural result of having done much here and thus feeling that there isn't much more to be done (When, well, there is - for example, doing something with those many OCs...though admittedly that's heck loads more difficult to continue to any significant progression.)
All too true nowadays.
But hey, as long as there's some projects in progress, that's fine. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Game over man! Game over!

Actually, I'm sure that tons of people have ideas. It's just that... It's kinda hard to work with the Nanohaverse- I notice that every other question in the theory or Q&A or technology thread doesn't have a straight answer, in the end we just make stuff up as we go along...
That's the fun of it, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
I'm still alive! Oo

My real life actually doesn't gives me too much time for my hobbies... I'm actually quite happy that I'm able to game and draw some stuff (atm WarCraft OCs mainly xD)

So... sorry that I'm too pretty much am in lurk mode only atm... seeing how my last chapter was 5 months ago and all... :-/
Hey, Kyral!
And about lurking for now, just take it easy. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
...and suddenly, there's a lot of new posts.
Heh. >:3 It's all thanks to me-*SHOT!!!*

Quote:
...also considering converting my BreakerS OC-verse into an original story

*warps off*
VN even? >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
So Seikou is Stern the Destruction. The tsun in her name makes me even more.
If I wasn't the one who posted about Stern and the others, I'd be pretty confused by what you just said.

ANNNNDD OF COURSE! NEW MATERIAL!!! >:3
*Chapter 1 parts One and Two are here for those not familiar with this story*

*tosses a number of snippets from his fic*

Spoiler for Snippet 1: Long time no see?:

Spoiler for Snippet 2: A small request?:

Spoiler for Snippet 3: Magic is a form of entertainment:

For a quick update on the status, Chapter 2 of Solitary Perspective is still seperated in sizable chunks as I try to connect the scenarios. I can't give an exact time of completion, but it's going to be near. >:3

(And of course, for those who do not know who Aurion is, you can check my OC Profiles. Be prepared for massive amounts of text and cheese, though.)

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 14:02   Link #9266
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Finally back.

working thru the expanded universe of "Aniki", Aina and Maven, as well as playing the odd game left and right, as well as helping chuck ideas infront of Lowe for his "original project" have slowly coerced my will.

well come to think of it, in regards to the so called "grunt deficiency", let me pull off my old theories as to why.

- The bureau until recently (give about 50-80 (in my works) or even 100 years ago) was also using what we call in our world "conventional weapons", initially as an equivalent or alternative force- then as time progressed, it became a force multiplier that diminished in value as the paradigm shift from the old to the new (magitech) became more accelerated and such- more mages were born/trained over time.

- during the time of the shift, vehicles were already somewhat powered by a sort of Link Reactor, as it is a better and safer source of energy. and as time passed, and the smaller/uneeded vehicles/mechs became uneeded, eventually the Link Reactors were only seen in ships, whereyouseethemnow, etc

will return for further mental disposition
Old 2011-01-22, 17:12   Link #9267
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Heh. >:3 It's all thanks to me-*SHOT!!!*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
VN even? >.>
Don't know...maybe, maybe not. It's still a tad vague
Old 2011-02-14, 02:57   Link #9268
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Has major spoilers for the epic I'm working on, but there's so much going on in the plot, w/e. It amuses me. I might take this down in the future.\

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Huh, this thread is kind of quiet. Makes me want to post more here. I mention the court martialing top of this thread nearly and here i post this bout a month later. It's basically the full circle element to my girl Tempest's life. She's such a rash fool, I enjoy tormenting her.

Spoiler for Opperation Valentine:

Last edited by itanshi1; 2011-02-14 at 03:45.
Old 2011-02-20, 01:55   Link #9269
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So for you fanfic writers who feature OCs as major characters and/or protagonists, when they are mages, how do you go about barrier jackets and knight garb and etc if you're posting your story elsewhere, where people may not have access to viewing descriptions and/or images in the character's profiles? Do you give them a brief description, link them to the profile, or what?
Old 2011-02-20, 03:14   Link #9270
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

When I wrote and did a crossover-section posting I'd link back to the profile here. Otherwise I'd say including the profile wherever you post it, for the first time that is.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 04:18   Link #9271
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Was that a general question? I mean you are right my random excerpt doe snot describe much at all character wise since it is placed in a random section in the story. So basically disregard that stuff which perhaps would help a lot if it was included x_x

otherwise they in my story archive post linked in my sig.

pretty much it'll make sense when included with the rest of the story.

Old 2011-02-20, 21:55   Link #9272
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
So for you fanfic writers who feature OCs as major characters and/or protagonists, when they are mages, how do you go about barrier jackets and knight garb and etc if you're posting your story elsewhere, where people may not have access to viewing descriptions and/or images in the character's profiles? Do you give them a brief description, link them to the profile, or what?
I think it depends on whether the writer feels that the appearance of the BJ/Armor is important/unique enough to warrant a detailed description in the narrative or to divert the audience from the main story to take a look at the profile.

I am told, though, that the sensible writer just give a brief but adequate description of the outer appearance and let the reader work out the rest in their mind, or direct him/her to the profile if the reader is actually curious enough about the character. Unless of course, the character is wearing something that actually affects the plot, like a clown costume in a ball party =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 01:57   Link #9273
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So would a single paragraph for both jacket and device suffice? Say, 117 words or so? It's what I got for my protagonist in The Collared.
Old 2011-02-22, 02:03   Link #9274
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
So would a single paragraph for both jacket and device suffice? Say, 117 words or so? It's what I got for my protagonist in The Collared.
There's a strange sort of balancing act when it comes to describing an OC's stuff. Too much, and it feels you're putting extraneous attention on the character. Not enough, and the reader won't get a good image of who this person is.

That said, it's up to how you write it and describe it. Some can successfully describe a character in just a few sentences. Others, a few more. One thing you could do is post the excerpt and perhaps a reference image, and those here can compare and contrast.
Old 2011-02-22, 02:05   Link #9275
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It'd be simple enough to draw up my characters, were it not for the fact I don't have a viable scanner (I have one but it tends to blow the image up so huge you'd need about nine monitors together to view it properly), and posting the chapters and descriptions here isn't a problem for me. It's if I decide to post it elsewhere where the problem arises, such as FF.net.
Old 2011-02-22, 02:19   Link #9276
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Regardless, post the excerpt anyways. At the very least, we can try to see if it's sufficient, lacking, or excessive.
Old 2011-02-22, 13:07   Link #9277
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Err, okay. I'm including a little bit before it, basically the start of the scene since it's right there.

Spoiler for Ch. 1, Scene 7 Excerpt:
Old 2011-02-25, 23:47   Link #9278
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Hate to double-post, but the excerpt's been up as requested and I'd like some feedback. Being my first Nanoha fic and all, I'm a bit nervous and anxious.
Old 2011-02-26, 00:03   Link #9279
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Hate to double-post, but the excerpt's been up as requested and I'd like some feedback. Being my first Nanoha fic and all, I'm a bit nervous and anxious.
I don't know about our seniors, but I think they're good (and inspiring *goes to edit own fic*).

This is for a main right? No point having so much detail for a mook except if the appearance is plot-relevant
Old 2011-02-26, 00:05   Link #9280
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The protagonist, yes. I'm just worried about being too vague or too detailed, since detail is a specialty of mine and I don't want to make people mistake him for a mary sue and such.

I'll get a drawn image of him up sometime, assuming I can get a scanner that works the way I like it.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content