AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-16, 03:52   Link #3581
ookamigirl

Chimera ant are spreading and things aren't looking good.
Hunters will have their hands full for a while..
Interesting... so there is a queen to our chimera ants king.
Those two are raking havoc on their sides of the world.
If they come together, they'll either mate or fight or both.
This arc sure is full of interesting surprises..
New episode was really good with lots of fights.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 22:36   Link #3582
Salce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Interesting... so there is a queen to our chimera ants king.
Those two are raking havoc on their sides of the world.
If they come together, they'll either mate or fight or both.
She's just Zasan, one of the captains, don't you remember her?

She is probably at the same level than Cheetu or Hagya. I don't think she stand a chance against the king.
Salce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 01:19   Link #3583
Kazuhara
Executioner

I'm excited to see Feitan's Nen Ability in the next episode.
Old 2013-09-21, 23:30   Link #3584
MCAL

And this is why the Phantom Troupe are pure awesome-sauce. And that Kappei Yamaguchi maniacal laugh.

And is that another sibling in that brief flashback of Kalluto's? No spoilers please.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 23:55   Link #3585
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
And this is why the Phantom Troupe are pure awesome-sauce. And that Kappei Yamaguchi maniacal laugh.

And is that another sibling in that brief flashback of Kalluto's? No spoilers please.
yes. they told us in episode.... what i forgot, in rescuing killua arc that zoldyck have 5 SON (son... not daughter.... )
IlluMilluKilluAlluKalluto
what a creative pattern... add LLU between former and latter child name, guess what if kalluto have lil bro? Tollu-something
Old 2013-09-22, 00:24   Link #3586
Hamster

Shizuku stripped for the spider, then sucked him dry after getting bukkaked.

Amazing.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 00:44   Link #3587
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
yes. they told us in episode.... what i forgot, in rescuing killua arc that zoldyck have 5 SON (son... not daughter.... )
IlluMilluKilluAlluKalluto
what a creative pattern... add LLU between former and latter child name, guess what if kalluto have lil bro? Tollu-something
Well you kind of just spoiled me since you seem to know the missing siblings name... But I'll forgive you since you showed me something awesome. That just never occurred to me.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 01:11   Link #3588
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ah, all that half-nudity and action this episode.

Was sexy in ways more than one.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 03:32   Link #3589
ookamigirl

Phantom Troupe vs The Queen.
Interesting how things have turned out.
Didn't think they'd help anyone ever, but guess that's something new.
So no we have Hunters vs The King on one side of the world and Phantom Troupe vs The Queen on the other.
They sure have their hands full in this arc.
It was really nice watching members of the Troupe fight.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 09:57   Link #3590
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Feitan's ability is one of the strongest we've seen so far. Seems like the heat (size?) of the sun is proportional to the amount of damage his opponent dealt to him. This was only a broken arm...
Old 2013-09-22, 11:07   Link #3591
HandofFate

for the longest time while reading the manga, I thought Feitan from the phantom troupes was a girl.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 11:33   Link #3592
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 97-
Spoiler for part 1:

------------------
Spoiler for part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 13:44   Link #3593
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

I just realized two things:

- Zazan seems really a genderbent expy of Zarbon from Dragonball. Beautiful looking, blue skin, her berserk button is having her nice features damaged, turns into an ugly monster for a powerup? All check.

- Shizuku looks a lot like Lucy from ServantXService. Not that I expect this to be an actual connection, it's just that.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 15:48   Link #3594
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well I'm just glad this little side story is over. I suppose it was amusing to see Kalluto's ambitions get shot down so hard, but otherwise it was mostly uninteresting. I actually fastforwarded through the fight between the spider ant and the spider girl since both of them annoyed me so much and then had to do a double take when I saw the girl in her undies. Half naked girl with a vacuum cleaner fights a particularly persistent spider. Real world problems come to life.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 17:59   Link #3595
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Half naked girl with a vacuum cleaner fights a particularly persistent spider. Real world problems come to life.
Never thought about it that way.

I rolled my eyes a little when Shizuku lost her clothes, but then Feitan went shirtless, too. So that felt fair. Also loved everyone's reaction when she rolled on up in her torn-up clothes.
Old 2013-09-22, 19:48   Link #3596
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
Never thought about it that way.

I rolled my eyes a little when Shizuku lost her clothes, but then Feitan went shirtless, too. So that felt fair. Also loved everyone's reaction when she rolled on up in her torn-up clothes.
Not to mention Gon and Killua skinny-dipping. All bases covered, Togashi-sensei.

Also - kudos to Phinks for loaning Shizuku the big shirt. Very gallant.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 00:18   Link #3597
Marikina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Feitan's ability is one of the strongest we've seen so far. Seems like the heat (size?) of the sun is proportional to the amount of damage his opponent dealt to him. This was only a broken arm...
Feitan was already damaged when he took Zazan's attack unprotected after his Kou-enhanced stab failed.
Marikina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 02:00   Link #3598
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I like the contrast between all of their abilities. Phinks is about as basic as Enhancers get. Flute guy is a lot more complicated which appears to be a combination of Enhancement and Manipulation abilities, with a dash of Emission thrown in. I assume he's a Manipulator, but I'd have to check to make sure.

We already know Shizuku's a Conjurer. And before we get into a debate on how Blinky isn't supposed to be able to suck up living things, she didn't actually suck in the spider guy himself, and the technique only sucked from already existing wounds.

Kalluto is clearly a Manipulator, with a dash of Emission to control the pieces of paper remotely, and possibly Enhancement to keep the pieces of paper from folding up when they hit something. Other than that, the power of papercuts, what a sadistic power.

We knew Shalnark was a manipulator. We also learn that once one Manipulator makes a connection, another Manipulator cannot override it. Apparently he thought of this when he invented Auto Mode. Auto Mode itself seems to have shades of Enhancement as well.

Lastly, Feitan. I had a hard time guessing what his type was before this, at first he came across as very Enhancer-ish. Judging from his ultimate tech, he is clearly an Emitter, although the ability itself is a complicated combination of Enhancement, Transmutation, Emission and even Conjuration. Needless to say, his ability is basically "Retribution made manifest". Not an easy ability to craft or maintain, which only emphasizes how skilled the guy really is.

Note that all of this is just me making observations. If the writer contradicts what I say, then I'm wrong.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 02:09   Link #3599
Arkeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Flute guy is a lot more complicated which appears to be a combination of Enhancement and Manipulation abilities, with a dash of Emission thrown in. I assume he's a Manipulator, but I'd have to check to make sure.

Lastly, Feitan. I had a hard time guessing what his type was before this, at first he came across as very Enhancer-ish. Judging from his ultimate tech, he is clearly an Emitter, although the ability itself is a complicated combination of Enhancement, Transmutation, Emission and even Conjuration. Needless to say, his ability is basically "Retribution made manifest". Not an easy ability to craft or maintain, which only emphasizes how skilled the guy really is.
Both Fei-Tan and Flut guys seems to be quite a bit different than what you are saying.

Flute guy is Materialization with sound restrictions (like how Kurapika is restricted to Ryodans).

Fei-Tan is usually considered to use Transformation who turns aura into pure pain/fire aspects (and some other stuff as he is hinted to have other abilities). Think on how Killua needs to recharge too, except Fei-Tan also made this into a Restriction. Oh, and he uses Materialization to give him a suit (right next to transformation) when in super-mode. The only emission he did was throw a ball of nen -very- close to his body, and very slowly, so it's clearly not what he focuses in.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 02:15   Link #3600
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I assumed Feitan was a Transmuter, based on Pain Packer.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen