AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-10-05, 11:03   Link #3161
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

She wants to do the new patch content. Because Japan is faster local time wise(GMT+9), the new content hasn't been deployed yet on the other server beside Japan
Old 2014-10-05, 11:12   Link #3162
bones

Given that this is a true alternate world and not people being trapped in a V.R world does that even make sense anymore?
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 11:18   Link #3163
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Kanami should be best seen as someone obeying her whim of the moment because it is fun to her. Which is totally in line with her travel to Japan.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 11:26   Link #3164
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Kanami should be best seen as someone obeying her whim of the moment because it is fun to her. Which is totally in line with her travel to Japan.
hmm It seems like it would be fun to see what those guys in the tea party are doing... Let's fight our way to Japan .... <whim>

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 13:06   Link #3165
Gatmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Did anyone ever mention why Kanami wants to return to Yamato? If all she really wants to do is have fun then wouldn't it be more in line with her character wise to travel around the world?

I'm still holding out hope that Kanami will be Log Horizon's monk class, Demikas redemption is all well and good but the less I see of him the better.
i dont think kanami will join log horizon despite being friends with shiroe in the past.

The Thing is if she does join log horizon she would have to leave the group and while u could say they could join her, Mamare has confirmed that the complete number of members in log horizon would be 12 one from each Class type.

We have 9 official members right now. Roe2 has been practically been confirmed to join them even if its not official yet and she takes the Summoner position. if not her the only other summoner i see who could take that role is K.R

Serara is practically already a members due to the fact that she practically hangs out more with the young member gang than her own guild and even though she turned down an invitation before i still say she will join them and she takes the Druid Class.

As for the Monk class. Demikas has so far been the best candidate cause of right now he is the only monk class character who is still not in a guild ( his guild has now disbanded) and to have interacted with the main gang the most or possibly a new member might show up and join them, either way it is pretty unlikely that Kanami would join Log Horizon.
Gatmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 13:08   Link #3166
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Demikas is so tsundere.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 13:22   Link #3167
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatmar View Post
i dont think kanami will join log horizon despite being friends with shiroe in the past.

The Thing is if she does join log horizon she would have to leave the group and while u could say they could join her, Mamare has confirmed that the complete number of members in log horizon would be 12 one from each Class type.

We have 9 official members right now. Roe2 has been practically been confirmed to join them even if its not official yet and she takes the Summoner position. if not her the only other summoner i see who could take that role is K.R

Serara is practically already a members due to the fact that she practically hangs out more with the young member gang than her own guild and even though she turned down an invitation before i still say she will join them and she takes the Druid Class.

As for the Monk class. Demikas has so far been the best candidate cause of right now he is the only monk class character who is still not in a guild ( his guild has now disbanded) and to have interacted with the main gang the most or possibly a new member might show up and join them, either way it is pretty unlikely that Kanami would join Log Horizon.
I don't see why Kanami and her entire group have to remain together since they can just be in the same city and well anyway screw Demikas no matter what he'll always be trash .
Old 2014-10-05, 13:24   Link #3168
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatmar View Post

Reason why Kaname can't join is far more simple. she would stole show. But I do hope she will hang on Yamato for while and we would see her more often (especialy her interaction with Shiroe).

It would be also nice if she in some point screwed some realy important and elaborate plan of his
Old 2014-10-06, 01:58   Link #3169
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Given that this is a true alternate world and not people being trapped in a V.R world does that even make sense anymore?
Why not? After all we know that this alternate world actually adjust to the game lore. The game lore could easily justifies this as the new evil rise first in Yamato before other places or something like that.

Also, remember that Kanami is not a GM, so she couldn't know if the new patch is forcibly deployed in other server after Apocalypse. All she know from her knowledge as a gamer is, when Apocalypse happen, the new content in the patch has only been activated in Yamato, so there she goes on an adventure to Yamato because it's fun
Old 2014-10-06, 03:58   Link #3170
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Reason why Kaname can't join is far more simple. she would stole show. But I do hope she will hang on Yamato for while and we would see her more often (especialy her interaction with Shiroe).

It would be also nice if she in some point screwed some realy important and elaborate plan of his
I agree.!

Kanami would paint LH a new definition.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 14:01   Link #3171
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I'm following the Chinese summary for the replay volume 2 and found an interesting tidbit. Apparently Ancient Alvan food had taste, but how the Ancient Alv achieved this is different from the Adventurers' "Do it by Hand" method. What they did was that they enchanted the food to generate the delusion of taste; in other words, the food itself was still tasteless but under its enchantment, the person eating it was led to believe otherwise.

Also, the Ancient Alv had this habit of showing others what they had eaten recently through magical projections (foodie shots?) which was one of the reasons why the other races resented them so much

TBH I'm not sure how "canon" this is, since there's a lot of lolwat stuff in the novel. Things are wacky when you have five grown men acting like over-active kids XD

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 17:47   Link #3172
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
I'm following the Chinese summary for the replay volume 2 and found an interesting tidbit. Apparently Ancient Alvan food had taste, but how the Ancient Alv achieved this is different from the Adventurers' "Do it by Hand" method. What they did was that they enchanted the food to generate the delusion of taste; in other words, the food itself was still tasteless but under its enchantment, the person eating it was led to believe otherwise.

Also, the Ancient Alv had this habit of showing others what they had eaten recently through magical projections (foodie shots?) which was one of the reasons why the other races resented them so much

TBH I'm not sure how "canon" this is, since there's a lot of lolwat stuff in the novel. Things are wacky when you have five grown men acting like over-active kids XD
That makes me wonder, how did they know what taste was, to be able to create delusions of it? If food didn't have any flavor, would that suggest that the Alvs came from a time/period/place where food originally had flavor?
Old 2014-10-11, 06:01   Link #3173
DQueenie13

It seems that the Japanese board's flipping out over some reveals on the Japanese LH wiki.

Spoiler for volume 9? And Krusty:
Old 2014-10-11, 06:09   Link #3174
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
It seems that the Japanese board's flipping out over some reveals on the Japanese LH wiki.

Spoiler for volume 9? And Krusty:
I will wait for more info, but first thing first, why are they flipping?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 06:14   Link #3175
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
I will wait for more info, but first thing first, why are they flipping?
They're excited because it's the most we've heard from Mamare for months? It seems as if there's been an info blockade around Mamare lately. His site that's down for "maintenance" has been that way for nearly two months now. He hasn't posted anything on any of his other media sites either, aside from brief parts on the LogHora Wednesdays. So actually getting volume 9 info was exciting for them, I guess.
Old 2014-10-11, 06:22   Link #3176
tsunade666

Maybe his busy because of second season of loghora.
Old 2014-10-11, 06:59   Link #3177
bones

How fortunate for Kanami, maybe her best skill is her luck.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-10-11, 07:21   Link #3178
Tenzen12

I think her luck and her charisma are on same level. I guess anime will cover it. I just hope translation will catch up later...
Old 2014-10-11, 07:34   Link #3179
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Spoiler for On Krusty's Overskills stated in @wiki:

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 08:48   Link #3180
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Translations for the two Overskills:

Hyperion Eye (lit., "Sky-Conquering Eye")

An Overskill that allows the user to determine a target's HP and status effects within one's line of sight, expanding on an adventurer's ability to determine a fellow player's basic information, although this only works on one's party or members of a raid party. This Overskill requires great concentration when used in larger player groups, but is very helpful in commanding Full Raids and Legion Raids.

Mnemosyne Taboo (lit., "Severing Reminiscence")

Greatly increases one's attack or defense at the cost of one's memories. That's it.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers