AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2006-07-16, 13:19   Link #161
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
aww I was wrong, so the top right wasn't her bra size after all
The "救世主/world saver/savior" I'm guessing it's something like Emiya Shirou's heroic personality from FSN, otherwise I can't make out what it's supposed to mean.
And the "another man's fiancee" at.....80% hmmm...*looks forward to the plot*
Anyway thanks everyone for translating through that blurry thing.
Arimfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 13:22   Link #162
Akirasuto.

Nevermind, delete this post.
Akirasuto. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 13:58   Link #163
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arimfe
The "救世主/world saver/savior" I'm guessing it's something like Emiya Shirou's heroic personality from FSN, otherwise I can't make out what it's supposed to mean.
I think it simply means how much she saves people from various situations. Seems Saito clocks up the remaining 80% or so. Speaking of which, I really like him; he's got spunk. Hope he remains that way in the rest of the series.
Old 2006-07-16, 15:24   Link #164
Omniscient

Episode 03 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 18:41   Link #165
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Spoiler for Episode 3/Kirche/Lingerie/Cleavage:

Kamisama give me strength.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 18:47   Link #166
FubaredByAnime

Should I presume from the OP that a real Zero will appear later in the show?
FubaredByAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 19:06   Link #167
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

After episode 03, i believe its save to say that Kirche is the new Margery Daw. <3
Old 2006-07-16, 20:00   Link #168
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FubaredByAnime
Now that you mention it... (and after reading the first novel),
Spoiler for conclusion based on novel 1 stuff:

Leave it to the author of Green Green to come up with a wacky universe -_-;;
(and be perverted about it as well)

Last edited by zalas; 2006-07-16 at 20:21.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 21:31   Link #169
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72
Kirche was pretty sexy in this one, gotta love those maneaters.
She's seems rather nice (to Saito anyway), in spite of being a flirt and a playgirl, and bought him a pretty snazzy present too.

Louise on the other hand seems to almost be a sadist and a top.
You know the kind that gets off on smacking around their partner or making them wear fetish gimp outfits and stuff.
Kinda like if Shauna was a pervert.
Oh well, I still like her a lot.

Siesta was a sweetie this week too, but she didn't get much screen time, however next week looks like a Siesta-centric episode.

Siato's still behaving like a healthy traditional male should and he still isn't putting up with to much crap from his cute loli master, which is good to see.

My Japanese is still pretty rusty, so feel free to correct me if I got something wrong.
Kirche is just that, a flirt. Once she has her eyes set on a target, she won't let up until she gets it.

Speaking of which, I was a little worried that they would skip the more extreme contents from the novel (such as the kiss between Saito and Kirche), but it's nice to see that most of the contents the anime covered were covered quite faithfully. Even Louise's famous knee-to-the-crotch remained intact (unfortunately for Saito, that won't be the last time either ).

Saito is a very interesting guy, he can be totally cool and manly one moment, but turn into an absolutely spineless worm the next. He also has otaku-class delusion powers, and tends to lose himself in his own dreamy imaginations, often leading to crotch-threatening misunderstandings.

Besides her first appearance in vol.1 (portrayed in ep.2 and 3), Siesta remained pretty much nonexistent until vol.3 of the novel, where she jumped from "minor support character" to "a main heroine right alongside Louise". Like I mentioned in my previous posts, when Siesta makes her move, she goes all out. I'm looking forward to seeing it in the anime. ^^;

Derflinger's voice was a little meh for me, I bet I'm not the only one who wanted Iwada Mitsuo's voice here (that hentai book Marco in Shakugan no Shana). ^^;

Next week will be the anime original episode focusing on Siesta, probably as a way for them to boost her appearance counts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FubaredByAnime
Yes, in the latter half of vol.3, which is probably near the end of the anime.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 23:32   Link #170
Pakxenon
popcorn

Omg. I just started this (first two episodes) and it was a BLAST! We need more Louise icons!

Well, JC Staff ain't no KyoAni, but I guess the novel coverage is alright. Can't wait for the novel translations, baka-tsuki.
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 23:39   Link #171
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Speaking of which, I was a little worried that they would skip the more extreme contents from the novel (such as the kiss between Saito and Kirche), but it's nice to see that most of the contents the anime covered were covered quite faithfully. Even Louise's famous knee-to-the-crotch remained intact (unfortunately for Saito, that won't be the last time either ).

Derflinger's voice was a little meh for me, I bet I'm not the only one who wanted Iwada Mitsuo's voice here (that hentai book Marco in Shakugan no Shana). ^^;
I hear them say the sword's name as Derflinger, but correct me if I'm wrong... in the novel isn't the name "Deruko" or "Dirk" (デル公)? I just bought the novels and just starting reading it, and scanned to that part to confirm the name, but it seems different.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 23:46   Link #172
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 2 Review

Keeping on with the topic that has been discussed lately, Saito will have to cope with his current (slavery) contract to Louise and whatever punishments that may follow due to his rebellious stance.

But, he makes the point clear that won't be allowing the pompous step on him without giving them fight except for Louise, because she pawns him from head to toe.

The loser boy that unexpectedly pulls out a power boost on his self-esteem and courage is one of my favorite anime twists. It raises on the momentum to keep the audience enthralled and making care more for the loser male, normally coming when the loser is pressured, stressed, or finding himself under a mortal danger.

After the crisis goes off, he returns to his perverted, pathetic, and lanky demeanor ready to be slapped by the strong-will but fragile-hearted main female that at first denies that feels something for him.

Saito scored two points: one for beating that two-timing Guiche, and another for his resolve that briefly touched Louise's heart; yep, Kirche has instinctively acknowledge him cooly handsome after putting up a best fight.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 23:48   Link #173
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrex_japan
I hear them say the sword's name as Derflinger, but correct me if I'm wrong... in the novel isn't the name "Deruko" or "Dirk" (デル公)? I just bought the novels and just starting reading it, and scanned to that part to confirm the name, but it seems different.
Those are just nicknames. デル公 (Derukou) was the name that the weaponshop owner called Derflinger by. (Unlike the anime, in the novel, Derflinger was already blabbling away while Saito and Louise were still in the store (which was reason why Saito bought him))

デルフ (Derf) is the nickname that Saito calls Derflinger by. But his full name is デルフリンガー (Derflinger).
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-16, 23:49   Link #174
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakxenon
Omg. I just started this (first two episodes) and it was a BLAST! We need more Louise icons!

Well, JC Staff ain't no KyoAni, but I guess the novel coverage is alright. Can't wait for the novel translations, baka-tsuki.

indeed. To be honest, we could start now since it is now very very easy to obtain the Japanese Novels, the only problem is Translators.

At the moment all our translators are tied up with Suzumiya Haruhi.

Of course we are always recruiting Translators, so if anyone is determined to undertake this task, and is also dedicated, please do not hesistate to contact me.

Old 2006-07-17, 00:09   Link #175
Decel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Keeping on with the topic that has been discussed lately, Saito will have to cope with his current (slavery) contract to Louise and whatever punishments that may follow due to his rebellious stance.

But, he makes the point clear that won't be allowing the pompous step on him without giving them fight except for Louise, because she pawns him from head to toe.

The loser boy that unexpectedly pulls out a power boost on his self-esteem and courage is one of my favorite anime twists. It raises on the momentum to keep the audience enthralled and making care more for the loser male, normally coming when the loser is pressured, stressed, or finding himself under a mortal danger.

After the crisis goes off, he returns to his perverted, pathetic, and lanky demeanor ready to be slapped by the strong-will but fragile-hearted main female that at first denies that feels something for him.

Saito scored two points: one for beating that two-timing Guiche, and another for his resolve that briefly touched Louise's heart; yep, Kirche has instinctively acknowledge him cooly handsome after putting up a best fight.
I disagree with Saito being qualified as a loser-boy ... so far. Aside from his commoner status and current situation (far, far away from home), he's been pretty spunky, except to the hand that feeds him (quite literally). He shows that he's pretty realistic without displaying the typical wussy/depressed behavior that's practically part of the harem male protagonists' gene pool. Also, especially with Louise, his primary reaction is to oppose her haughty demands until she corners him with the survival card.

Imo what really stood up in this episode wasn't his duel with Guiche (any typical male protagonist would've ended up doing it), but the scene before it where he exposes and embarasses him in public for two-timing for the sake of revenge. You don't see too many male protagonists that would do such a thing.

He scored real big on the worthiness scale for that part

Last edited by Decel; 2006-07-17 at 00:19.
Decel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 00:42   Link #176
uruchai
"You'll be blessed!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel
I disagree with Saito being qualified as a loser-boy ... so far. Aside from his commoner status and current situation (far, far away from home), he's been pretty spunky, except to the hand that feeds him (quite literally). He shows that he's pretty realistic without displaying the typical wussy/depressed behavior that's practically part of the harem male protagonists' gene pool. Also, especially with Louise, his primary reaction is to oppose her haughty demands until she corners him with the survival card.

Imo what really stood up in this episode wasn't his duel with Guiche (any typical male protagonist would've ended up doing it), but the scene before it where he exposes and embarasses him in public for two-timing for the sake of revenge. You don't see too many male protagonists that would do such a thing.

He scored real big on the worthiness scale for that part
and I agree with you disagreeing about Saito being a loser-wuss male protagonist. one of the early signs of him being quite "unique" [compared to other male leads] was right after Louise [mis[casted that mute spell. Saitou was saying, knowing he couldn't be understood, that he was just holding back and will forcefully do something. he seemed ready to pounce on her it's just that Louise started understanding what he's saying.

and then to have so much guts to humiliate someone like Guiche, although Saito is uncaring about the whole noble-commoner thing... plus, he tends to make these witty/sarcastic comments every now and then.
uruchai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 07:10   Link #177
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Saito's generally a better main character...He isn't so cliche in that sense, since he's neither (1) a wuss or someone who starts out a weakling or (2) He's overpowered or filled with a sense of justice all the time.

The anime's headed in the right direction so far...Hope it gets better, what with the comparisons to SnS.

Last edited by Owaranai Destiny; 2006-07-17 at 07:27.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 07:21   Link #178
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y

Thats how i had imagined delfinger as well.

Its too bad, i think they missed an opportunity there.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 07:27   Link #179
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
indeed. To be honest, we could start now since it is now very very easy to obtain the Japanese Novels, the only problem is Translators.

At the moment all our translators are tied up with Suzumiya Haruhi.

Of course we are always recruiting Translators, so if anyone is determined to undertake this task, and is also dedicated, please do not hesistate to contact me.
And luckily, it seems that Zero no Tsukaima was a farily easy read compared to some of the other stuff I've run across. However, I haven't read Haruhi, so I don't know exactly how it fares in reading level against Haruhi.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 08:02   Link #180
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
oh? is the novel is easy to read?

I have no idea, since I'm not a translator.

But if anybody who wants to take a crack at it, you know who to call.

Tags
adventure, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, tsundere