AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-31, 15:35   Link #41
Takanome

Quote:
Originally Posted by rman0099 View Post
Mine was blurred too. Were there two versions floating around out there? I was about to wait till the subs from a DVD source came out (hate censoring).
There are 2 versions of the first episode: the 1st is the webcast/stream version[which explains the blurred gore] and the 2nd is the TV version that airs late at night[uncensored].
Takanome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 17:19   Link #42
Monkey D. Luffy

Wow, it's just what I expected coming from the manga. Really bloody and dark and everything it should be, I really liked the first episode. I'll keep checking for this.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 19:47   Link #43
kauldron26
Med Student

finally a good samurai show since the absolutely phenomenal Basilisk and the masterpiece Samurai Champloo.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-31, 21:27   Link #44
rman0099
On my nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takanome View Post
There are 2 versions of the first episode: the 1st is the webcast/stream version[which explains the blurred gore] and the 2nd is the TV version that airs late at night[uncensored].
So is the uncensored version the mkv file? If so that sucks....I hate the HD videos since my computer is starting to get older and I get audio lag with the HD compressions! And to make things worse I don't have the money to build a new one right now
rman0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 13:26   Link #45
kininku buster
I wanna be Itou Makoto

Just finished watching episode 2 and I was left confused as hell with some of the flashbacks.
kininku buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-04, 13:41   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, that episode was a little confusing, the flashbacks appear so randomly it's hard to follow. From what I understand, this time the entire episode was set in the past, and the flashbacks were about Kogan (the Dojo's master). I wonder why he become so freaking creepy...

It seems the series will be a giant flashback to build up the fight we saw in ep 1.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 05:27   Link #47
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 2

There's not much to say about the story since everything is so incredibly slow and the style of story-telling doesn't exactly leave things obvious and does demand a long attention span. But, damn, how good is the animation and cinematography in this anime? It's such an absorbing, atmospheric piece. To talk in soundbites, it's not just an anime, it's an audio-visual experience. Artistically, I think there are only very few anime that are on the same level as this.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-11, 06:36   Link #48
SebaZ

did anyone sub the third episode?
SebaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 18:06   Link #49
Finder3k

flomp-fansub were doing it but now they are busy doing bleach the last thing that i remember is that they were working on the episode 70 of Bleach a coupleweeks ago (damn those guys are really s...).

PLEASE ANY OTHER FANSUB TAKE THIS ANIME.

Live-Evil they use to do a great work with animes or shinsen-sub they do too.

please any group!
Finder3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 04:54   Link #50
Necroticism
my baby shot me down...

Send a message via MSN to Necroticism
Quote:
Originally Posted by rman0099 View Post
So is the uncensored version the mkv file? If so that sucks....I hate the HD videos since my computer is starting to get older and I get audio lag with the HD compressions! And to make things worse I don't have the money to build a new one right now
No, I have the mkv version of ep1 by Flomp and it's censored as well. I don't know where Takanome found the uncensored one, probably it's just a raw. Too bad there aren't any other groups interested in this anime, I saw the first two episodes and it's awesome! Great art, a fantastic dark and grim atmosphere (even with so many bright, blinding lights!) and a solit plot makes Shigurui my n°1 choice for this season. Still waiting for a subbed AND uncensored version...
Necroticism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 11:15   Link #51
Kazuki`
Saizen Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Kazuki`
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necroticism View Post
No, I have the mkv version of ep1 by Flomp and it's censored as well. I don't know where Takanome found the uncensored one, probably it's just a raw. Too bad there aren't any other groups interested in this anime, I saw the first two episodes and it's awesome! Great art, a fantastic dark and grim atmosphere (even with so many bright, blinding lights!) and a solit plot makes Shigurui my n°1 choice for this season. Still waiting for a subbed AND uncensored version...
I think you can get what you wanted now Anime-Empire and Saizen released the first three episodes, and as far as I know, those are uncensored versions. :>
Kazuki` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 16:38   Link #52
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

ok wtf

Can someone hold my hand and tell me what episode one was about?

@start there was this guy with six fingers and a shooting star technique.

Then this coward shows up. apperantly he breaks the fingers of one guy who seems a pretty important character.

Coward fight against the Dojo master but not the real dojo master since the real dojo master pissed in his pants and sliced up a peanut in four parts.

There was a girl who ordered to make the sticky peanuts. and the coward i think imagened having sex with her.

The coward also has six fingers like the guy at start.

At the end there was also a fighting part where they exchanged stances and it ended in a draw.

and there was a girl singing a nice song. and there were some people training.

I really have no idea what everybodies intentions are.
which scene takes place in what time frame.

Did someone blog this episode like random curiousity style? so i can make something more of it?
Old 2007-09-04, 18:02   Link #53
Kazuki`
Saizen Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Kazuki`
Basically, I believe, everything is a flashback leading to the battle of the two guys you see in the beginning (the blind one and the one with only one arm). And those guys are the same guys as you see in the flashbacks only then unharmed :P
Correct me if I'm wrong... hard to follow anime indeed :P
The subs have different styles for flashback (white font) and normal events (yellowish font).
Kazuki` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 18:21   Link #54
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

ah shit
i watched ep 3 believing it was 1 first....
Old 2007-09-05, 01:38   Link #55
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 3

This is so dark, and so mature. I'm really enjoying this series. It's completely unpatronizing, yet the plot isn't completely inaccessible, either. It's struck a good balance between trying to be unique with its storytelling, but also trying to be clear. And the animation... wow.

Really happy that it's being subbed again, but disappointed that no one's watching it.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 17:39   Link #56
dr. fnord
jui kuen

just got on the boat with the AE/Saizen sub. this show rocks my socks off. it's got the spastic edginess of something like Kemonozume with a look what reminds me of Mushishi wrapped up into an evil samurai sandwich. amazing. i'm not a big fan of flashback storytelling, but this seems clear enough so far. if it stays this course, it's not even really flashback, but just a quick flash-forward at the beginning to build interest by showing you that improbable-seeming confrontation. tough to take it up a notch when you lead with holmes using his own guts as a prop for his speech, but boy howdy do they.

and i'm drawing a blank trying to think of a creepier character than sensei. yeeeh.
dr. fnord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-05, 22:28   Link #57
Hao Asakura
Newbie arimasen

Finally got to watch this show uncensored. All hail to AE/Saizen :bow
As dr.fnord said, this show rocks and shakes my boat.
I really like the dark atmosphere which reminds me a lot of Texhnolyze. In fact, i like the anime better than the manga for 2 reasons:
1. anime is wayyyy much easier to understand (in terms of story pacing)
2. NOT as graphical as the manga (Guess I'm one of the faint-hearted)

So far, ep 3 is the best and darkest. This anime still hits me hard though I have read the manga and know the story of what to be expected.
Unfortunately as usual, this magnificent show is underrated by most just like Mononoke.
Hao Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 14:51   Link #58
kininku buster
I wanna be Itou Makoto

In ep 3 did those twins have sex with those guys or what?
kininku buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 15:30   Link #59
muyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kininku buster View Post
In ep 3 did those twins have sex with those guys or what?
Yes, yes they did... apparently it's one of the lesser known aspects of a samurai's life. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_Japan
muyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-06, 19:42   Link #60
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Cool, a period anime made for people of my age. It is moody, crass and unrepentant work. And I can understand why samurai deliberate so long before they strike at each other, since it is one slice, one life setting so they cannot afford a slight mistake.

This is rather surprising anime of the year.

Tags
extreme violence, mature, shounen