AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-06-15, 12:18   Link #261
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Perhaps the low point of the series so far for me this week. Zenitsu was just annoying. If he was intended as comic relief, it didn't work for me.

And why doesn't Tanjiro release Nezuko from the box before going off? Maybe he thought the kids would be frightened by her muzzle? Or that she might get hurt (pretty unlikely given what we've seen of Nezuko)?

Apparently they had electricity even in remote rural homes like the one here. Doubtful it would be that common outside urban areas.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 12:20   Link #262
p-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
And why doesn't Tanjiro release Netsuko from the box before going off?
Because it's still bright outside, so Nezuko will die if Tanjiro releases her.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 12:21   Link #263
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not sure there is a nice way to say this...Can Zenitsu die before the start of the next episode? I feel incredible sympathy for the kid stuck with him. I mean his brother has been kidnapped, he's separated from his sister, and yet the worst thing may be his fate of traveling with one of the most annoying people I've seen in a long time. From the OP it's certain he's got skills. But wow it goes beyond any attempt at comedy with this guy. He's not funny, he's just painfully annoying. It's a powerful debate whether I should just mute the show while he's on screen.

Ignoring that guy...the rest of the episode was fine. The boar guy seems entertaining if a bit nuts in his own way. Tanjiro is doing pretty well despite being extremely banged up from the previous fights. And I'm sure Nezuko will enter the picture once the sun sets. Going to be a bit troublesome dealing with that oni if he can just rearrange that house as he pleases.
Old 2019-06-15, 12:25   Link #264
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
Because it's still bright outside, so Nezuko will die if Tanjiro releases her.
Ah yes. But remember that when Tanjiro put down the box he told the kids that they would be protected if he were not to return. How could Nezuko have done that in broad daylight?
Old 2019-06-15, 12:41   Link #265
p-kun

Quote:
Ah yes. But remember that when Tanjiro put down the box he told the kids that they would be protected if he were not to return. How could Nezuko have done that in broad daylight?

Because the demon in the house won't go out in daylight. He'll die. If he's coming out, he'll come out at night.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 13:05   Link #266
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah, I figured Zenitsu's introduction would be a bit polarising. Can't blame people for hating him - When I was reading the manga I was thinking to myself "I'm probably gonna hate this guy in anime form because then there'll be sound to him." XP

Also gotta laugh at the sheer hypocrisy between Tanjiro and Zenitsu. Tanjiro acts indignant when the kids abandoned his sister claiming the box was "more important than his life" but he did the exact same thing when he discovered Muzan. And Zenitsu's screaming for his dear life throughout the enitre time yet as soon as the young boy calls for his brother, Zenitsu tells him not to yell because it'll attract the demon...

Quote:
What p-kun said: If they stayed outside next to the box, they'd either be protected by the sunlight or protected by Nezuko.

Last edited by Haak; 2019-06-15 at 13:54.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 14:10   Link #267
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I'm conflicted, because... On one hand, yes, Zenitsu is annoying and ridiculous. But on the other hand, the reactions that others have to him are hilarious. But that's just my initial impression at the moment. This is probably gonna get old incredibly fast.
Old 2019-06-15, 14:54   Link #268
Nivek von Beldo

Yeah Zenitsu seems a bad comic relief, like a poor's man Monk Miroku, but miroku was genuinely funny.

And the Hog Man from nowhere...that was really funny
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 14:54   Link #269
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I'm conflicted, because... On one hand, yes, Zenitsu is annoying and ridiculous. But on the other hand, the reactions that others have to him are hilarious. But that's just my initial impression at the moment. This is probably gonna get old incredibly fast.
I think that's my fundamental problem with Zenitsu. On the whole, Kimetsu no Yaiba is a pretty serious story. It has had its comedic moments, most of which have involved Nezuko. Zenitsu makes it hard to take this episode seriously despite the threat Tanjiro faces. This whole episode just felt so jarring in context. At first I thought it might be anime-original for that reason, but apparently not.
Old 2019-06-15, 15:39   Link #270
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You're not alone there, buddy. I also thought Zenitsu and Pig head introduced a rather jaring and sudden veer into comedy.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 16:02   Link #271
AntonKutovoi

Well. I think we have just found a character more annoying than Asta at the beginning of Black Clover.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 16:06   Link #272
Wandering Soul

Not surprised by the reception Zenitsu has gotten. Yeah, he can be pretty annoying at times, but I guess it's somewhat balanced out by the fact that the series seems to realize he's annoying and have other characters treat him as such.
Old 2019-06-15, 16:48   Link #273
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Leaving the box with the kids was so irresponsible. There were so many ways that could go wrong. He should have just taken his sister with him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 17:45   Link #274
Applehell

We got introduced to some pretty eccentric people this time around. I guess Zenitsu is actually super talented despite barely holding on to his wits most of time. Boar Head doesn't really seem to care much about what's going other than killing the demon.

Quote:
I think that's my fundamental problem with Zenitsu. On the whole, Kimetsu no Yaiba is a pretty serious story. It has had its comedic moments, most of which have involved Nezuko. Zenitsu makes it hard to take this episode seriously despite the threat Tanjiro faces. This whole episode just felt so jarring in context. At first I thought it might be anime-original for that reason, but apparently not.
I dunno, I'm not finding him worse than Tamayo's assistance who was just as over the top in terms of personality. This series doesn't do comedy well in general imo and it's not becasue its serious story but just due to the fact that author seems have little to no knack for it. The only time laughed/chuckled was when Tanjiro made that one funny face.

Last edited by Applehell; 2019-06-15 at 18:00.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 18:42   Link #275
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Zenitsu is definitely very annoying. I assume he's supposed to bring comedy, but yeah, that's not working for me. It looks like he has super hearing, which I assume helps him like Tanjirou's sense of smell does.

Boar guy, on the other hand, seems pretty interesting. Like, what the hell is up with him?
Old 2019-06-15, 18:44   Link #276
Dark Wing

Zenitsu is bit over the top with the coward act but I don't find him completely distracting like everyone else seems to be viewing him. I'm sure he'll eventually grow on us. I'm really looking forward to see what Boar Head has to bring to the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
Well. I think we have just found a character more annoying than Asta at the beginning of Black Clover.
Now hold on a minute I know Zenitsu was annoying but he's no where near Asta levels of annoying!
Old 2019-06-15, 18:57   Link #277
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Zenitsu, looks like we just found the most annoying character for 2019.

I almost felt like watching the episode muted.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 19:53   Link #278
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

even by Shimono Hiro standards this is an unbelievably obnoxious performance.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 21:23   Link #279
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Zenitsu is bit over the top with the coward act but I don't find him completely distracting like everyone else seems to be viewing him. I'm sure he'll eventually grow on us. I'm really looking forward to see what Boar Head has to bring to the table.

Now hold on a minute I know Zenitsu was annoying but he's no where near Asta levels of annoying!
TBH, Zenitsu feeling like he's half-a-step from going legitimately insane with how unhinged he get at times which kinda of dull his annoyance bit to me.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-06-15, 22:03   Link #280
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
TBH, Zenitsu feeling like he's half-a-step from going legitimately insane with how unhinged he get at times which kinda of dull his annoyance bit to me.
I can't blame the kid for being a little unhinged given he did say he didn't even want to be a demon slayer it was forced upon him. Still curious how he managed to survive the final selection.

Tags
demon, shonen