AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2021-07-13, 17:10   Link #441
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The problem with WandaVision is that they overhyped it. They said it would bring about big changes and even baited us by casting a certain actor, but in the end the only thing that happened was Wanda officially becoming the Scarlet Witch.
Old 2021-07-14, 16:59   Link #442
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Double post, but since the finale for Loki is out...

Spoiler for Loki episode 6:
Old 2021-07-14, 21:00   Link #443
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Spoiler for Spoilers:
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 05:14   Link #444
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The big issue really with the Disney+ shows is that for their attempts to be self contained satisfying narratives, they also ultimately serve as intermediary vehicles for the "big movies". In this case the fact that WandaVision will be a lead in to Multiverse of Madness, Loki for for both MoM and Quantumania, and FatWS for the new Captain America Movie and their eventual tie in to the rest of the MCU. They can't really "conclude", because they have to relate to the MCU as a whole, and this is both their blessing and their curse as most reviewers of the D+ shows have pointed out.
Old 2021-07-15, 07:26   Link #445
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wish they would revive the Netflix Marvel shows, which didn't have that problem. They also had a grittier tone setting them apart from the movies. It might a very stupid question, but is there no way they could buy the shows from Netflix and continue them?

I wouldn't want reboots though.
Old 2021-07-15, 09:19   Link #446
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wish they would revive the Netflix Marvel shows, which didn't have that problem. They also had a grittier tone setting them apart from the movies. It might a very stupid question, but is there no way they could buy the shows from Netflix and continue them?

I wouldn't want reboots though.
The Netflix shows had other problems, which was that they were barely part of the MCU at all. They even refrained from using words like "Captain America"

They might be able to work something out about those shows, but there's really no value to doing so for them because of it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-15, 09:26   Link #447
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

At this point you're either in the MCU or you're not, although with the multiverse now technically in existence you could argue that any Marvel show that gets made can still be "part" of the MCU multiverse even if they aren't actively part of the overarching plot, like the What IF? shows.
Old 2021-07-15, 12:45   Link #448
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

In general, throwing away the "old" Marvel TV series is a good idea considering they include utter garbage ran by Scott Buck like Iron Fist, The Defenders & Inhumans. I'd rather rewatch Dark World, Incredible Hulk, Black Widow, Iron-man 2 & 3 any day of the week than rewatching any episode of those shows.

Granted, we also lost a great show like Daredevil and the middle-of-the-road shows like Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Jessica Jones & Luke Cage, but I don't think they worth the hassle of integrating the absolute horse-shit Scott Buck shows into the MCU Multiverse.

If they want, they can just take Daredevil (with Punisher) and call it a day.
Old 2021-07-15, 13:18   Link #449
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
In general, throwing away the "old" Marvel TV series is a good idea considering they include utter garbage ran by Scott Buck like Iron Fist, The Defenders & Inhumans. I'd rather rewatch Dark World, Incredible Hulk, Black Widow, Iron-man 2 & 3 any day of the week than rewatching any episode of those shows.

Granted, we also lost a great show like Daredevil and the middle-of-the-road shows like Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Jessica Jones & Luke Cage, but I don't think they worth the hassle of integrating the absolute horse-shit Scott Buck shows into the MCU Multiverse.

If they want, they can just take Daredevil (with Punisher) and call it a day.
I didn't think Iron Fist and Defenders were that bad, though I'm not going to defend Inhumans

Old 2021-07-15, 18:08   Link #450
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Daredevil is the one I'd want to come back the most. Jessica Jones second, The Punisher third. Them barely being part of the MCU can be a strength, in that the viewers don't need to have watched a gorillion movies to understand what's going on in them.
Old 2021-07-15, 20:08   Link #451
Chosen_Hero

In my opinion each series was disappointing in their own way:

- Wandavision was too caught up in overly focusing on Wanda that not only did thet do the show a disservice by leaving out the Doctor Strange cameo, but they forgot about the Vision part in Wandavision and had him literally fly out of the show leaving the Wanda controlled copy to tell her through him what the original could have said with more effect.

Also, for as much as the show was about Wanda dealing with her grief, we shouldn't ignore the fact that she was also a villain and made others (innocents at that) suffer the worst kind of invasion of privacy and what was basically mental slavery... which the show handwaived by letting her go without any repercussions for her actions.

- Falcon and the Winter Soldier had too much Falcon and not enough for the Winter Soldier, Sam gained so much meanwhile Bucky gains... White guilt, I guess? I mean, the show wants you to believe that he is working through his problems, but then turns around and just shames him at every turn by taking things away from him.

No seriously, his Wakanda connections and friendships are now gone because... reasons, I guess? "Oh no, you're using the Baron to stop a group of terrorists, guess we ain't friends anymore"... ????

The old Asian man and the cute Asian girl... Well, can't hang out with them anymore.

Steve is old and possibly dead... It's really unclear... but no family either... I guess.

Helps stop terrorist plot, Sam gets all the credit and apparently none of the times he's done good since breaking from his mind control ever mattered towards giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Oh yeah, there's the whole he was being mind controlled against his will thing.... Guess we gotta shame him for Hydra picking up his nearly dead body, experimenting on him, turning him into a nearly immortal super human assassin and using mind control on him against his will.

In my opinion they did a horrible job at showcasing how someone in his position works through his PTSD. But hey, let's all be happy for Sam for dealing with the non problem of a black man being chosen to be Captain America and how there was never any indication that the people from that world would be against it... In a post Obama world...

Also, there's the whole carrying the terrorists body like she's some kind of heroic figure moment and how they try to boil down Steve Rogers being chosen to be Captain America to just white, blonde and blue eyes... fuck off with that.

- Loki was basically the characters talking about the same three things every single episode and Loki being basically useless against everybody (who can now just defeat him without trying) while the show expects you to be distracted by the visuals (they did look good) only to end up being a glorified teaser filler for No Way Home and the Multiverse of Madness movies.

But I will admit that I am a little baised against Loki, mostly due to an interview the writer did where he admits that he wrote Loki with the intention of making the Infinity Stone saga be "bullshit that didn't matter because THIS is the real story that matters".

Overall, Agents of Shield and Daredevil are still far better than these shows, at least in my opinion.
Old 2021-07-16, 12:14   Link #452
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Daredevil is the one I'd want to come back the most. Jessica Jones second, The Punisher third. Them barely being part of the MCU can be a strength, in that the viewers don't need to have watched a gorillion movies to understand what's going on in them.
That was the intention when these shows were made. Problem is, this doesn't fit with how the MCU is building it's brand, not to mention the issues with Netflix and Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
In my opinion each series was disappointing in their own way:

- Falcon and the Winter Soldier had too much Falcon and not enough for the Winter Soldier, Sam gained so much meanwhile Bucky gains... White guilt, I guess? I mean, the show wants you to believe that he is working through his problems, but then turns around and just shames him at every turn by taking things away from him.

No seriously, his Wakanda connections and friendships are now gone because... reasons, I guess? "Oh no, you're using the Baron to stop a group of terrorists, guess we ain't friends anymore"... ????

The old Asian man and the cute Asian girl... Well, can't hang out with them anymore.

Steve is old and possibly dead... It's really unclear... but no family either... I guess.

Helps stop terrorist plot, Sam gets all the credit and apparently none of the times he's done good since breaking from his mind control ever mattered towards giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Oh yeah, there's the whole he was being mind controlled against his will thing.... Guess we gotta shame him for Hydra picking up his nearly dead body, experimenting on him, turning him into a nearly immortal super human assassin and using mind control on him against his will.

In my opinion they did a horrible job at showcasing how someone in his position works through his PTSD. But hey, let's all be happy for Sam for dealing with the non problem of a black man being chosen to be Captain America and how there was never any indication that the people from that world would be against it... In a post Obama world...

Also, there's the whole carrying the terrorists body like she's some kind of heroic figure moment and how they try to boil down Steve Rogers being chosen to be Captain America to just white, blonde and blue eyes... fuck off with that.
This...really isn't what the show was talking about at all.

Old 2021-07-16, 18:33   Link #453
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
This...really isn't what the show was talking about at all.
He's right about Bucky getting the short hand of the stick though.
Old 2021-08-19, 23:55   Link #454
AnimeFan188

Final Eternals trailer is heavy on exposition, eye-popping visuals

"Plot details have been scant to date for Eternals, Marvel's forthcoming film based on
the comic book series of the same name, created by Jack Kirby in 1976. We now have
the final trailer, and it's a doozy: nearly three full minutes of mostly new footage, heavy
on exposition and the striking CGI-heavy visuals Marvel is known for. The trailer also
answers one obvious burning question: Just where were these incredibly powerful
eternal beings when all the action with Thanos wiping out half of humanity was going
down? I mean, humanity really could have used their help.

As I've written about previously, the comic book storyline is about alien Celestials who
visited Earth a million years ago, creating two divergent races—the Eternals and the
Deviants—by way of genetic experiments. Those experiments were also responsible for
the rare emergence of super-power-granting mutations in certain humans. The Eternals
protect the human race from the Deviants, and the two races engage in recurrent
violent clashes. The Eternals' immortality and powers come from cosmic energy and
their ability to channel it. A new Eternals comic series, written by Kieron Gillen with art
by Esad Ribić, was launched in January of this year."

See:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/...y-new-footage/

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-13, 23:51   Link #455
kiak666

RIP William Hurt

hhttps://www.thestar.com.my/lifestyl...oss-dies-at-71
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-01, 20:49   Link #456
GDB

Moon Knight episode 1 was really good. If it keeps this quality up, it could be the best MCU show (I'm not counting the Netflix stuff here).

The one exception being that Mountain Truck scene's CGI. My lord that was abysmal.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-02, 06:57   Link #457
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Moon Knight episode 1 was really good. If it keeps this quality up, it could be the best MCU show (I'm not counting the Netflix stuff here).

The one exception being that Mountain Truck scene's CGI. My lord that was abysmal.
I enjoyed it a lot. Great job building up mystery. You mentioned the Netflix shows and it was closer in tone to them than any of the other Marvel shows so far.

I guess the beginning of the second episode will show us the events of the first one from Marc's POV.
Old 2022-04-02, 07:36   Link #458
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Based on reviewers who already watched the first 4 episodes of Moon Knight in advance, looks like the following episodes are not as hype as episode 1 and certain things got stale. I guess we'll see.
Old 2022-04-02, 18:30   Link #459
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Based on reviewers who already watched the first 4 episodes of Moon Knight in advance, looks like the following episodes are not as hype as episode 1 and certain things got stale. I guess we'll see.
How many reviewers? Do they all agree?
Old 2022-04-03, 00:54   Link #460
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
How many reviewers? Do they all agree?
It's mixed. Some still like it but some felt underwhelmed when it comes to episode 2-4 (after the banger 1st episode) when it goes back/closer to familiar MCU show territory. Below are some samples of the mixed reactions:

Spoiler for saving space:

Tags
marvel cinematic universe