AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-19, 14:08   Link #981
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Episode 6. Just brilliant. Especially the animation. So many hilarious little touches. Rewatch value 110%. And development in a direction I did not expect:
Spoiler for ep6:
Storyboard by Sayama Kiyoko, director of Vampire Knight and Skip Beat. Her first work for Shinbou, as far as I can see. (Scratch that: ja.Wikipedia shows her doing storyboards for both Arakawa shows.) Directed by Majima Takahiro, who did eps of MadoMagi (#5) and Arakawa2 (#6). Must be young, since he was a "production runner" for three eps of Noein.

Four, count 'em four, animation directors. Two of the two-person teams that are doing eps of this show. No wonder they had time to do all those little touches. Animation direction: 村山公輔, 松本元気. Animation direction assistance: 高野晃久, 潮月一也.

And on another topic: everyone has a right to their opinion, and the rules say no personal attacks, so nobody on either side should be called an idiot. I thought the recent discussion, although it carried us a bit off-topic, was actually fairly interesting, on the whole.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-05-19 at 14:38.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 14:35   Link #982
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
...And on another topic: everyone has a right to their opinion, and the rules say no personal attacks, so nobody should be called an idiot. I thought the recent discussion, although it carried us a bit off-topic, was actually fairly interesting, on the whole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It's a discussion forum, man. She's allowed to state her opinions even if they are negative. It's not like she's insulting anyone else for having a different opinion to her. And if you really didn't care then why did you reply?
Agreed on both accounts.

Hmm ... I am looking forward to Ep 6 from Kaoru's info - mostly out of curiosity, to be honest (even though I have already decided to watch the series to the end). (BTW - you changed your avy I see! )

On a slight tangent related to Kaoru's comments, I find I generally don't care for artistic camera angles in animation or film (personal taste kinda thing), but it can be effective at times.

I guess it is sorta like onions in salad for me. A little bit can make the whole salad itself quite nice - I find I dislike either too many onions (to the extent where for me it "overpowers" the main taste) or especially a salad who's main ingredient IS onions. Blech! ... But then again it must be admitted that I am not an onion fan to begin with.

In any event when I hear other people praise a show's "onion content" it is a pretty good "hook" to raise my curiosity....
Old 2011-05-19, 14:43   Link #983
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
My frustration stems from this:

Besides Madoka, the last series (chronologically) that I really, truly cared about was The Daughter of Twenty Faces. That show was put out two years ago. Why is everything just so much crap these days? I'm not getting it.

Why the obsession with this daily-life cute-comedy, romance and wish-fulfillment harems? Why can't I get strong female characters who aren't sexually objectified in one manner or another? Male characters who aren't loser-wimps?

If it's not moe dramedy--which, I might add, I do not hate, as I quite enjoyed Clannad--it's Naruto or Shana clones. Or it's a harem show where every girl has a serious craving for the loser-guy protagonist.

Does nothing else make money? Should I just go back to reading books and screw all moving-picture media?

Well if you start watching stuff in the shoujo section, you get female MC with a problem that's solved by the male MC who may be pushy (Maid-Sama!, Kimi ni Todoke) or a reverse harem but the female MC is still reliant on the male MC (otome game derived anime. I bet that no real guy wants to be compared to Hiji, Okita or Saito ). In the end, this is what's popular.

Even The Major from GitS is sexually objectified.

But really, when you look at the light novel covers on the first page of this thread, it screams moe and Eri's positioning in some of the covers even suggests "sexually objectified".

-----

Ep. 6 looks like it's going to be fun.

Last edited by orion; 2011-05-19 at 14:54.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 15:10   Link #984
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

@Flower -- I use one seiyuu for my sig each season, but I try to change the avatar to a different pic of her once or twice during that time. This pic coveys the more serious side of Emirin, I think. She's doing a great job with Ryuushi in this show.

As for onions -- I pick them out of my sandwiches, lol. But I find I really like the weird angles of full-bore Shinbou/Shaft-ism. This ep may have a bit more than others, but it is still nowhere near Bakemonogatari or the ef shows.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 15:14   Link #985
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
@Flower -- I use one seiyuu for my sig each season, but I try to change the avatar to a different pic of her once or twice during that time. This one really gives the more serious side of Emirin, I think. She's doing a great job with Ryuushi in this show.

As for onions -- I pick them out of my sandwiches, lol. But I find I really like the weird angles of full-bore Shinbou/Shaft-ism. This ep may have a bit more than others, but it is still nowhere near Bakemonogatari or the ef shows.
Okay - I will look forward to it then.

Admittedly the angles in Bakemonogatari and the EF series drove me up the wall. >_<
Old 2011-05-19, 15:16   Link #986
tsunade666

uwaaaa episode 6. Erio moe level just increase again. Braided twin tails.
Ryuuko centered episode though more about her and the later part about Ryuuko and Erio bugging Mako-kun. Meme-san is always considerate leaving the 3 alone and even Maekawa-san too. Ah Ryuuko your really cute too on this episode. Your radiating love love aura on you that Maekawa just love to tease.

>,> 40 years old but still having a stalker..... <.< -_-
Old 2011-05-19, 16:39   Link #987
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeroz View Post
so who's the one shooting the rockets again?
Hooves would say here: "The one who kidnapped Erio!"
Old 2011-05-19, 18:46   Link #988
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 6:
Old 2011-05-19, 19:23   Link #989
zato_1one

I have a problem watching Mazui sub. If I turn DXVA on then the video won't play. Do you also have this same problem? The audio sounds very low quality to me and the video has artifact too. I hope they will release v2 for this.
Old 2011-05-19, 19:32   Link #990
Silverwyrm

I'm just using mcv player and mazui isnt giving me any issues

edit: sending you pm since its off topic

Last edited by Silverwyrm; 2011-05-19 at 20:19.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 19:38   Link #991
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
I'm just using mcv player and mazui isnt giving me any issues
Can you turn DXVA on? I don't have any problem with Mazui previous released. It just happens in this episode.
Old 2011-05-19, 20:35   Link #992
orion

After ep. 6 Ryuushi needs to be dropped in a lake somewhere.

Spoiler for ep.6:
Old 2011-05-19, 20:40   Link #993
karuroso

Ryuuko may be cute but i'm in Maekawa camp u.u i hope she comes back with a great surprise if she comes back D=
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 20:40   Link #994
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

The town is full of weird girls/women, may be it is alien's influence
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 20:46   Link #995
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Spoiler for Ep. 6:
Old 2011-05-19, 20:51   Link #996
00Coyote

The Cousin's greatest sin is that he won't let the poor girl wrap herself in a futon, so she can relax after a hard day. Such a cruel, black heart he has.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 20:55   Link #997
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Hooves would say here: "The one who kidnapped Erio!"
My accusation will remain firm till the episode that shows she is not and is subbed comes out
Old 2011-05-19, 21:05   Link #998
typhonsentra

Do you guys think we're actually supposed to believe she has some sort of actual personality disorder? Originally I thought she was just a standard eccentric character but the way other characters shun her leads me to believe it might actually be the case, her actions are far far out of the normal range in this show's universe.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 21:22   Link #999
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Do you guys think we're actually supposed to believe she has some sort of actual personality disorder? Originally I thought she was just a standard eccentric character but the way other characters shun her leads me to believe it might actually be the case, her actions are far far out of the normal range in this show's universe.
No. I don't think that she does. All the main girls have issues. It's that she's in a place that doesn't forgive easily (Erio stood out too much including dropping out of school.) and she's cute so the other girls in town have another reason to hate her. Also dad's name is Elliot so he's prob a Western guy making her mixed race, not full Japanese. That's 4 strikes against her. Basically, she needs to move to another town and start over.

Erio is a guy magnet in the making. I so hope she gets to school so that those girls get put in their place.

Last edited by orion; 2011-05-19 at 21:37.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-19, 21:25   Link #1000
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Does anyone remember Mahoraba: Heartful Days? The central heroine in that series had a substantial personality disorder the other tenants in the boarding house were just flexible about.

Tags
aliens, ecchi, light novel adaptation, romance, school life, seinen, shaft, shounen, slice of life