AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 4 7.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 24.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 14.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.85%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.85%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-08-21, 02:54   Link #61
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
They did not fire the director, he merely chose to sit back and supervise the project.
Old 2012-08-21, 03:20   Link #62
DoomRavager

He's still working on the scripting and storyboarding, though.
Old 2012-08-21, 06:39   Link #63
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Pretty messed up kids so full of hate. Though from what they said it seems a lot of those there engage in rape and that this isn't the first time thy went after girls and had them tied up for rape... Or that this isn't the first time they raped girls for that matter and haven't been punished at all. Poor Cryska was almost ganged up on and Inia left to that one guy. Yuuya was also screwed until their Commander showed up and hauled the kids off.
Playing with JJ's Star Trek 2009 scene with Total Eclipse, a "hotshot" American character and a gang fight...

CUPCAKE: Hey, farmboy, maybe you can't count, but there are six of us and one of you.

Yuuya: Well, some more guys and then it'll be an even fight.

Old 2012-08-21, 08:02   Link #64
Belgaesh

This episode was, at least I expect it to be, a build up for the whole arc in Russia. So like episode 3 it was just introducting new characters and how the tension in the front is different.

About some of the new characters, mainly the Eishi kids, I expect them to be nutritious to the BETA.
Old 2012-08-21, 09:16   Link #65
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode was not too bad good set up for whats coming. I figured it was about time for the series to change to the front lines and get a more serious tone going on.

In Mother Russia comrads fuck you! I am not surprised by the attitude of the lesser know Eishi. They have been fighting on the front lines with a heavy cost for a long time and then these pilots who they feel have been sheltered and have not contributed come along. It was not right but i do understand their feelings. Also, we got to see a bit of political and ethnic struggle here and how most of the Russians fled to Alaska. It seems like the creators wanted to show a bit of disunity like how things were just before the USSR actually broke up. This might also explain the hostilities of the Eishi there towards Cryska and Inia. But the rape part was out of hand and it seems like this has not been the first time and it seems no punishment has been handed down im sure HQ knows whats going but turns a blind eye. This is where humanity gets dark and nasty instead uniting to fight a common foe they are still blinded by nationalities, ethnicity and petty jealousies. Im really starting to wonder about those headaches now and why she seems to have them in times of distress unless she is piloting because she was completely useless. If had not been for Yuuya Inia would have violated horribly. It seem the troops in this episode raised their death flag so high you can see it from space. I dont expect most of them to live for more than 2 episodes.

Yui's attitude change is not surprising she herself admitted she had been too hard on Yuuya and a mutual respect is starting to form which is necessary for this project to work. However, she obviously still carries the pain of losing her friends in that horrible battle and she probably will for the rest of her life. But she seems to have starting caring about Argos flight and not being such an ice queen and she doesn't want to the events of the pass to unfold again. But now we have a new Ice queen and its very apparent that her squad and Argos will not get along from the very beginning. However, with the exception of Yuuya everyone else has combat experience their skills would actually be an asset. Im very interested in how this turns out and how Yuuya preforms in combat for the first time.
Old 2012-08-21, 10:14   Link #66
maximilianjenus
[E]

Killing hated characters is just fan service, killing liked characters is what's good,

I am happy with the current state of yui/yuuya relationship, the past episode was awful, just one step away from havin yui go "urusei ! urusei ! urusei ! urusei ! urusei ! baka yuuya", but all ahs been fixed now.

while ahving so much inner conflict between fellow comrades sounds dumb at first, that's just the type of world we live in, with global warming, hunger and wars and we still keep on fighting between ourselves instead of uniting, so that part is spot on, just always ignored in most fictional works; I love/hate how a lot of things about muvluv seem to parallel the second world war, with those nazy betas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
They did not fire the director, he merely chose to sit back and supervise the project.
yeah, hence why i used the quotes, as he is not the director anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
It's a gooddevelopment... definitely... Having a reason to live (a love one) is the best reason to live....
and having your loved one nommed is an even better reason to live for vengeance.
Old 2012-08-21, 12:19   Link #67
rafael1932
claymores pimp

It seems that i am the only guy that wanted to see the rape and hoping the beta don’t do anything to them, so they can rape more.

By the way, it would be more real if we saw some rape instead of this thing of a good guy comes in the end and no one gets killed because more guys appears- isn’t this a little cliché ?

The episode was ok this time.
Old 2012-08-21, 12:20   Link #68
John117xCortana

Are you on drugs ?
Old 2012-08-21, 12:39   Link #69
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
It seems that i am the only guy that wanted to see the rape and hoping the beta don’t do anything to them, so they can rape more.

By the way, it would be more real if we saw some rape instead of this thing of a good guy comes in the end and no one gets killed because more guys appears- isn’t this a little cliché ?
Rape in anime thats not hentai? Does that happen?
Old 2012-08-21, 12:42   Link #70
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Don't feed the troll guys
Old 2012-08-21, 12:47   Link #71
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Rape in anime thats not hentai? Does that happen?
Yes, but usually off screen.. It's certainly not meant to be titillating, and is usually there for plot or character development purposes.

But honestly, that's messed up.
Old 2012-08-21, 14:09   Link #72
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Even though they were jerkasses who are probably going to be nothing more than Beta chow, I like the subtle touch with Yuuya thinking the Russian Eishi were just mechanics. It helps the overall feeling of desperation when you throw child soldiers into the mix.

Another thing concerning the Russian Eishi that I liked was their overall state of mind. Kids shouldn't act like that to say the least. Them being put in that position along with the way they act shows how bad the situation must be in Russia in Total Eclipse.
Old 2012-08-21, 14:14   Link #73
vic-vic

I think, any country, that have borders with BETA hive will be in horrible situation.
But, overall those kids really cross the line when they try to rape Inia and Cryska. No matter how bad situation is, it's never give you right to hurt someone else.
Old 2012-08-21, 14:22   Link #74
John117xCortana

Just because you've seen hell it doesn't give you the right to force others into that hell.
Old 2012-08-21, 15:34   Link #75
maximilianjenus
[E]

yeah, but you have to see it from their side, they are being feed to the meat grinder, while the russians are comfortably taking a break in alaska, you can expect shit to get worse later going by the "pv".

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Even though they were jerkasses who are probably going to be nothing more than Beta chow, I like the subtle touch with Yuuya thinking the Russian Eishi were just mechanics. It helps the overall feeling of desperation when you throw child soldiers into the mix.

Another thing concerning the Russian Eishi that I liked was their overall state of mind. Kids shouldn't act like that to say the least. Them being put in that position along with the way they act shows how bad the situation must be in Russia in Total Eclipse.
they are not russian.
Old 2012-08-21, 16:50   Link #76
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I think everyone is going to see hell in the next episode
Old 2012-08-21, 16:56   Link #77
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post

and having your loved one nommed is an even better reason to live for vengeance.
I'm not hearing it, no flags for the two!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
I think, any country, that have borders with BETA hive will be in horrible situation.
But, overall those kids really cross the line when they try to rape Inia and Cryska. No matter how bad situation is, it's never give you right to hurt someone else.
The kids were just jealous of Inia and Cryska and how they seemed to be carefree looking even in the toughness time....

Kids.. life is previous.. enjoy it if you still can... even for a minute...
Old 2012-08-21, 17:15   Link #78
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

Nice to know in the alternate universe, the Cold War is still alive and well..
Old 2012-08-21, 17:37   Link #79
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Nice to know in the alternate universe, the Cold War is still alive and well..
Yeah, I love it too. Just like in Full Metal Panic!.
Old 2012-08-21, 18:00   Link #80
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
yeah, but you have to see it from their side, they are being feed to the meat grinder, while the russians are comfortably taking a break in alaska, you can expect shit to get worse later going by the "pv".

they are not russian.
My mistake. Sorry