AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2017-11-25, 11:46   Link #1
Parousia

Anime similar to Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad

I recently scanned through my old hard drive and found Beck, re watched it and now I have a craving for something similar. I'm a bit lax on the criteria so I guess as long as the anime centers around a band then it's good enough, but I still do want something similar to Beck.

Anime I've watched that fits the "centers around a band" criteria:
1. K-On!
2. White Album 2
3. Kids on the Slope
4. Hibike! Euphonium
Old 2017-11-25, 18:21   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

Nana (centers around two bands but is very drama-heavy).
Old 2017-11-25, 22:07   Link #3
Verso Sciolto
Banned

NANA - Animated series, Manga and Live Action films (Not necessarily in that order.) ... reverberations ...
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 10:02   Link #4
AnimeFangirl

The first White Album (not WA2) centers around idol singers but there's a lot of the music industry involved so maybe it will scratch the itch. Warning: it's just as heavy on drama as Nana.
Old 2017-11-27, 22:57   Link #5
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Still NANA ... but after that ...

You can also judge for yourself if lifting the mask of 「覆面系ノイズ」 [Fukumenkei Noise] "Anonymous Noise", in other words, does it for you, in adaptations ...

Perfect Blue might fit the colour scheme... and pretty much needs to be mentioned in conjunction with idol industry recommendations, I think.

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-11-28 at 09:17.
Old 2017-11-28, 09:57   Link #6
Parousia

Seeing the recommendations, NANA will be something I'll watch as soon as vacation starts here. I'll have to push back White Album, Perfect Blue and Anonymous Noise on a later date and see if they're worth finishing.

Thanks for the recommendations.
Old 2017-11-28, 22:39   Link #7
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parousia View Post
Seeing the recommendations, NANA will be something I'll watch as soon as vacation starts here. I'll have to push back White Album, Perfect Blue and Anonymous Noise on a later date and see if they're worth finishing.

Thanks for the recommendations.
If you like NANA and if you pace yourself while watching/reading the story, NANA can keep you occupied for quite a while. Have you looked into NANA and perhaps read other comments on it - or will you be jumping in based on these recommendations without prior knowledge of the series and its circumstances ... ?

In case you don't like NANA you may need something to fall back on... -in which case you may need someone else to provide recommendations - but I'll add one more title to the short list. I'm fairly certain you've seen Nodame Cantabile at least mentioned when it comes to recommended musical ensemble pieces.

Your criteria seem flexible.
Old 2017-12-06, 09:53   Link #8
Parousia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso Sciolto View Post
If you like NANA and if you pace yourself while watching/reading the story, NANA can keep you occupied for quite a while. Have you looked into NANA and perhaps read other comments on it - or will you be jumping in based on these recommendations without prior knowledge of the series and its circumstances ... ?

In case you don't like NANA you may need something to fall back on... -in which case you may need someone else to provide recommendations - but I'll add one more title to the short list. I'm fairly certain you've seen Nodame Cantabile at least mentioned when it comes to recommended musical ensemble pieces.

Your criteria seem flexible.
I'll be going directly to its anime.