AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-07-03, 04:56   Link #61
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I'm not really sure what people are thinking here, but I'm 34, and I'm at the point in my life where it would be VERY hard to remember how to solve higher-order equations from high school. I'd probably struggle just as hard as Arata did, if not more, as my work these days don't involve ANY math at all aside from basic arithmetic.

And if Arata then went on to study a non-technical course AND work in a company that doesn't specialize in engineering or architecture, then DOUBLY so.

So yeah, it's not surprising he was struggling.
Yeah when you get older it generally gets harder to retain infomation, espeically with things you aren't exposed to constantly.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 12:44   Link #62
zero7090

There is a thing called summer learning loss which is about loss of academic skills and knowledge over the course of summer holidays. If kids are already forgetting their math during summer, then think about adults who don't do solving high-order equation in their day job for several years.

p/s: The EDs really hit me hard with the nostalgia wave. Dam i am old.
zero7090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 12:55   Link #63
ghost013

Watched the first couple episodes but all I have to say is I was not expecting Miyuki Sawashiro to voice the female teacher, which moved her up my favorite character list. Which is funny since I didn't really care about the teacher from the webcomic but Miyuki has one of those voices that can give someone a voice fetish.

Other than that, the adaptation seems pretty faithful. The art I need to get used to from the webcomic, but was a lot better than I originally thought.
Old 2016-07-03, 13:22   Link #64
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Just marathon the whole series, was hoping for a proper romance end
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 13:42   Link #65
Seihai
スマイリウム

I don't understand that ending, can someone elaborate? It just didn't feel like a conclusion to anything at all, like there are bonus episodes missing. And yes, I know the manga is still on-going with plenty of chapters left, but just... it feels like it's gonna continue but it isn't so it doesn't even feel like an open ending to me because it doesn't feel like an end to begin with. It's weird. I really wanted them to elaborate on, you know, Subject 001, and obviously, what actually happens after that year ends. Or what is left to happen for the rest of the year, for that matter. So many things that I feel that I wanna know about.
Old 2016-07-03, 14:07   Link #66
SeaDoor

This manga is on-going so the anime just picked a spot and stopped.

Last edited by SeaDoor; 2016-07-03 at 14:07. Reason: typo
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 15:23   Link #67
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

10/10 for the whole anime for me! havent enjoyed something like this in a long while. One thing i cant get past though is how they can get away with altering schoolkids memories, how will they even do it? kidnap them? i know its a manga in the end but still lol
Old 2016-07-03, 15:47   Link #68
Ulin

I really hope their memories will remain... although it seems a small posibility.

For the manga readers, it is worth to watch the anime knowing there may not be a second season?
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 15:51   Link #69
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Too much Focus on the Tsundere in an attempt hiding the obvious backstory of the main heroine.

Its imho also a bad place to stop, as it feels totally incomplete now. On that note, can someone please tell me where the anime stopped? chapter wise I mean.
PM

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 15:53   Link #70
Elestia

I've read the webtoon, but I always found it kind of depressing in the grand scheme of things. Sure, Arata is going to relive his high school life and try to stop being a NEET, but I have to ask what is the point? Sure, he will find meaning in his life again and boldly march into the future as a stronger person, but that doesn't mean corporate society will change.

My inner cynic is making me despair.
Old 2016-07-03, 18:28   Link #71
Draco Spirit

Sooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Lets just jump to post show discussion in spoiler tags.

Spoiler for Watch the whole 13 episodes before reading!:
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 19:07   Link #72
kamiyan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Sooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Lets just jump to post show discussion in spoiler tags.

Spoiler for Watch the whole 13 episodes before reading!:
Spoiler for about the money:
kamiyan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 21:48   Link #73
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
People are making the wrong assumption though: the Re:LIFE program isn't funded by the government. Instead, it's funded by a private pharmaceutical company.

Spoiler for From the manga:
Old 2016-07-03, 22:16   Link #74
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
I've read the webtoon, but I always found it kind of depressing in the grand scheme of things. Sure, Arata is going to relive his high school life and try to stop being a NEET, but I have to ask what is the point? Sure, he will find meaning in his life again and boldly march into the future as a stronger person, but that doesn't mean corporate society will change.

My inner cynic is making me despair.
Then, he'll just have to handle things differently with all those coping skills he learned in high school. He just has to suffer a bit longer, get a recommendation, and leave the company gracefully instead of telling the boss off.
Old 2016-07-03, 22:56   Link #75
SethOfI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
One thing i cant get past though is how they can get away with altering schoolkids memories, how will they even do it? kidnap them? i know its a manga in the end but still lol
I almost found myself agreeing with that sentiment somewhere down the line but quickly told myself that if a company can manufacture a pill that can drastically alter one's appearance to the level of making them appear physically younger and even, by the looks of it, shorter, then things like memory suppression is probably not much of a challenge.

Loved the series. I think I was wrong with my initial assessment that it wouldn't be in my comfort zone, because I really enjoyed the darker and more serious overtones and backstories, as well as the careful attention to psychological detail.

Spoiler for talking really vaguely about the ending in a non-spoiler way that ultimately could give elements of it away to people wondering how it will end:

Right now, curious to see if there will be a second season. I want to say it's heavily implied, but the amount of great anime that seem to imply second seasons and just don't seem to deliver is all too high in my experience.
SethOfI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 23:17   Link #76
Elestia

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Then, he'll just have to handle things differently with all those coping skills he learned in high school. He just has to suffer a bit longer, get a recommendation, and leave the company gracefully instead of telling the boss off.
But the question is will he still act the same way he did now that he has experienced the relife program? Will he keep silent in face of such injustice to someone he cares about? Just because he joins another company doesn't mean it won't happen again. And just because he changes jobs doesn't mean the culture of corporate society will change. The situation will keep repeating itself over and over again.
Old 2016-07-03, 23:23   Link #77
SethOfI

Quote:
But the question is will he still act the same way he did now that he has experienced the relife program? Will he keep silent in face of such injustice to someone he cares about? Just because he joins another company doesn't mean it won't happen again. And just because he changes jobs doesn't mean the culture of corporate society will change. The situation will keep repeating itself over and over again.
Just a guess at the writers intentions, but I don't expect people are supposed to take from it that the goal of the program is to rewrite his personality and teach him to become complacent in the face of such things. I think the underlying issue with why he is a candidate is that he himself is not convinced that he is doing the right thing, when by following his instincts he is doing more good than harm. I think it's supposed to be about building his confidence, not making him behave a certain way and accept otherwise unacceptable employment practices.
SethOfI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 01:45   Link #78
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

So, is there gonna be a season 2?

Addressing the real issue - Japan's screwed up society and views on work ethic.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 01:47   Link #79
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Corporate mentality doesn't change. It's all about how the MC responds to situations.

In his last one, he could have

a. Kept quiet, stayed as long as it takes to get a good referral and left company on good terms (most logical choice- female is dead and nothing will change that situation; it's in his best interest to leave company and still make an acceptable income)
b. Become a whistleblower if there is legal protection in Japan (but there is no law broken)
c. Act irrationally and blow up at boss (bad ending choice)
d. internalize everything and drop out of society (bad ending choice)

What it boiled down to was that his boss also made poor choices and in the end made a very bad choice. She's a female in management, besting her male colleagues. S**t is going to happen to her. (Japanese proverb: "The nail that sticks out gets hammered down.") Suicide is not an acceptable choice and only ends in the colleagues saying how she just couldn't handle the pressure, blah,blah, blah. Females in management can't handle pressure blah, blah, blah.... It reinforces stereotypes. No one is going to think they did anything wrong as their company culture has no problems with the behaviour.
Old 2016-07-04, 02:05   Link #80
larethian

I just checked the manga last night. They actually did 100+ chapters in 13 episodes, which covered term 1. There are currently only 130+ chapters available, so season 2 if there is one, won't be on the horizon.

There are quite a number of changes and condensation of material. The changes are relatively minor and not earth-shattering but the original manga is worth reading to get a different experience from the anime, provided you already enjoy the anime. Just pick a few random chapters and you will see what I mean.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote