AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-06, 01:05   Link #6761
sasuke706

Hasn't Maika also invited Touma over for dinner or something of the sort due to making too much? Going off poor memory here, so apologies if I'm wrong.

Besides, we aren't exactly aware of all of his love interest's culinary skills in the first place. Itsuwa is good, Kaori is 'fortunate', so something could work out, Mikoto probably has the basics, Index couldn't possibly leave the raw food alone long enough to cook it, Lessar doesn't seem the sort, I bet Himegami can make basic, bland meals, and 10032 probably can work something out through the Sisters' network, assuming they don't try to sabotage her. ...Actually, why am I even discussing this?
Old 2010-12-06, 01:12   Link #6762
Necorum

Hello everyone! I'm from Russia and I love TAMNI.
My knowledge of English is not full, so please tell me on my mistakes.

I want to thank all ТAMNI translators. I read it on English, so I always wait your translations.
Thank you:Teh Ping, Joay, MerrickXasis, Flere821, pikachuwei, Kwei, Nera Sleith !!!!!
Old 2010-12-06, 01:12   Link #6763
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Well, we can have a poll to decide who you want your girlfriend to be

In volume 12, Motoharu invited Touma and Index over to his house to finish off a whole pot of soup that Maika made, not knowing that Maika intended it to be kept for a few days since she would be away. Of course, anyone can expect the outcome.

@Soul, Himegami can cook, it's confirmed in SS1 and Vol 16.

Then what about Lessar (I hate myself for asking this, but...)?

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2010-12-06 at 05:24.
Old 2010-12-06, 05:21   Link #6764
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
Hasn't Maika also invited Touma over for dinner or something of the sort due to making too much? Going off poor memory here, so apologies if I'm wrong.

Besides, we aren't exactly aware of all of his love interest's culinary skills in the first place. Itsuwa is good, Kaori is 'fortunate', so something could work out, Mikoto probably has the basics, Index couldn't possibly leave the raw food alone long enough to cook it, Lessar doesn't seem the sort, I bet Himegami can make basic, bland meals, and 10032 probably can work something out through the Sisters' network, assuming they don't try to sabotage her. ...Actually, why am I even discussing this?
Itsuwa - So far has been the only demonstrated "best wife" in the series... with the only disadvantage of being around the same age as Touma is. Even that is a minor one.
Kanzaki - Apart from Motoharu's influence on trying to push her on Touma I don't know much about it...
Mikoto - Does she even know where Touma's house is? (No wait, if the Indexchu series drawn by Kiyotaka Haimura counts, it seems that she already knew) Also, what else of the non-everyday-Touma she encounters that she knows? (Let's see... a fight with a magician, his memory loss... what else is on the checklist...) Ah, but, their parents knew each other. Cheeky.
Index - Cook... if the Archives dramas are eligible for the count, the idea of Index cooking itself can make Touma fear for his life.
Himegami - I do recall in one volume (was it the SS?) that Himegami made her own bento.
Imouto 10032 - Having the whole Misaka network to her advantage, I wonder what kind of knowledge on "ways to make Touma happy" she'll dish out if she ever does...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-12-06, 06:05   Link #6765
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

I guess it's pretty obvious that Index can't do housework. Heck, she broke the heater...
Old 2010-12-06, 06:31   Link #6766
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Does Mikoto even knows Touma's name? Cos i have never heard her call him by his name, nor ask for it.
Old 2010-12-06, 06:42   Link #6767
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by IppoTsuko View Post
Does Mikoto even knows Touma's name? Cos i have never heard her call him by his name, nor ask for it.
Index: "What's short-hair doing here? Are you going to cheer for Touma?"

Mikoto: "Wha–What? Stu–Stupid, what are you saying? Why should I cheer for that guy?”
Old 2010-12-06, 07:19   Link #6768
Ashaman

I'm pretty sure she didn't know it til he hadto introduce himself to Kuroko though
Old 2010-12-06, 09:03   Link #6769
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Blame Laura.

Even if before her annual memory wipe (before Touma came through and basically made that rule abolished) she learned a thing or two, but thanks to it I don't think she ever gets to remember any.

Old 2010-12-06, 09:20   Link #6770
outerelf

Mikoto knew Touma's name even before he really knew hers. If you remember at the end of volume 1 according to the translations (or maybe it's Hinegami's arc) while Touma is in the hospital there is a thing of high-class cookies nearby him.

I think she did some research, and she knew where he lived during the Index arc so...
Old 2010-12-06, 09:23   Link #6771
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

(In jest) "What are you, Misaka, a stalker!?"

Old 2010-12-06, 09:27   Link #6772
outerelf

I thought that was already established. *electrocuted*
Old 2010-12-06, 09:31   Link #6773
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

If the series were to follow the "First Girl Wins" rule, I think jumping the gun on who's going to "win" wouldn't be a bit too farfetched.

If what you said were true, outerelf... what's with the convenient information gathering on Mikoto's part... just for one guy she just met in a day, all for the reason "This guy claims he's a level 0, yet why can't I scratch him one bit!?"

Old 2010-12-06, 10:02   Link #6774
Necorum

Captain Obvious says me that Touma choose Index in the end.

To aru majutsu no Index , Shakugan no Shana, and etc.

It's not even fun. I'm Mikoto's fun/
Old 2010-12-06, 10:06   Link #6775
Shadow5YA

Why is everyone assuming Touma will be paired up in the end? The "first girls" Index and Mikoto have yet to formally realize their feelings, and Touma rejects Itsuwa and Lessar, who are definitely more assertive towards him. There hasn't been any hint of Touma having feelings towards anyone.

The title may not even apply this time because for all we know the author could have wanted to name his series "A Certain Unfortunate Touma" but was rejected because it didn't click. Mikoto also gets as much spotlight, if not more than Index.
Old 2010-12-06, 10:45   Link #6776
tsunade666

Touma didn't reject Itsuwa or Lessar because no one even confess that they like the guy. So I think first confess wins. For his mentality says that his unlucky and can't get married.

Touma would pick Itsuwa if she confess. She's like a dream come true for him
And Touma just thinks that Lessar is playing around and not serious on "eating him" even though Lessar is seriously trying to seduce him and let him work for the England's Royal Family.

Mikoto and Index = annoying for me so I really didn't much care about those 2.

I think the "first girl confess" rule might apply.
Old 2010-12-06, 10:48   Link #6777
Necorum

I vote for alternative ends.
Old 2010-12-06, 10:49   Link #6778
addiC

lets see how much of mikoto's fan convert to itsuwa's fan once she is fully introduced xD
Old 2010-12-06, 10:56   Link #6780
tsunade666

wow that scene was the scene where Mikoto finally realize her feelings.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen