AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 16 18.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 27.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 35.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 15.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-07, 01:13   Link #61
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
OS-tan wants some bloodddddd~

Anyways I'm guessing the reason why JIOR didn't have a military was because they expected to have a Valvrave army to protect them?
If you look at all the tubs it's not far-fetched that they planned to mass produce them later. From the good Doctors comments it seems like only a few get "Numbers" while the rest don't.

Thus the Golden 7.
Old 2013-06-07, 01:34   Link #62
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
OS-tan wants some bloodddddd~

Anyways I'm guessing the reason why JIOR didn't have a military was because they expected to have a Valvrave army to protect them?
Well JIOR did have a military as evidenced by the fact that everyone in Module 77 other than Rion and the unsuspecting students were soldiers and they had military weapons and vehicles. (I don't care how pacifist the country, you still have some sort of military.) The only problem was that JIOR's military was too weak to go against the two superpowers which is why they allied themselves with the ARUS and bribed Dorssia. So I'm guessing that they made the Valvraves in order to protect themselves and have a secret ace in the hole. It's only logical for them to do so. I doubt that they lacked the common sense not to realize that Dorssia was going to come after them eventually. A neutral nation can only stay neutral if they can enforce it, if not they'll just be taken over by the more aggressive side in the conflict. An good example is Switzerland during both World Wars, where they mobilized their military in order to enforce their famous neutrality.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2013-06-07 at 01:44.
Old 2013-06-07, 01:36   Link #63
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
If you look at all the tubs it's not far-fetched that they planned to mass produce them later. From the good Doctors comments it seems like only a few get "Numbers" while the rest don't.

Thus the Golden 7.
Yeah, I was thinking they kept up a policy of neutrality expecting to hold out until they built an elite army of children pilots to pilot the future bio-tech until they could stand up to either supra-states. But alas Dorissia attacked too early.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2013-06-07, 01:37   Link #64
Destined_Fate

Or maybe the JIOR was hoping to use the Valvrave's to swing in when the war was at its peak and both sides were exhausted and claim victory. We already know that a single "Numbered" Valvrave's alone can take out large swaths of Dorssian forces with not much effort.
Old 2013-06-07, 01:53   Link #65
Irenesharda

My thing is, we've only been fighting Cain's small fleet thus far. They added another fleet this week, so we had two fleets against the Valvrave pilots. And even though they beat them, it was still a bit of push to defeat them. Haruto and Saki were swamped, and Kyuma and Raizo were only fighting one of the fleets.

I somehow doubt that that's the limit of Dorssia's military. Sen. Moses mentioned that Dorssia's main battle force is much larger and stronger and would easily destroy a single Valvrave. Even those in the ARUS knew that they would have to mass produce the things if they were to have a chance against a full war with Dorssia. I'm interested to see how this is going to go with all 5 pilots against a much larger Dorssian force.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-07, 02:15   Link #66
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Wow!

The fujoshi are gonna love all the BL undertones in this episode.
It's not my genre, but even I can see it.

They decide to live together after their "contract" and then have a "quarrel" about "breaking a promise".

Shoko looks on very surprise at his sudden change of aggression and then they make up.

Apparently someone pointed out that Haruto had the top bunk in their room.

I need to stop now.

Or

Twist it around and you got yourself a romcom scenario.

Exchange that blocked punch into an open hand slap and turn Haruto into a female who is confronting the school troublemaker, L-Elf about his tardiness.

L-Elf gives "her" that smug grin and "she" tries to slap him again, but gets stopped by his rival: "The Senpai." lol

(I've been watching way too much anime. )

On a serious note, Kyuuma's mech is almost broken. Ultimate barrier with laser spam. (Dat Power of Aina)
Thunder's VVV has 10 arms that can do some real damage to pretty much any of Dorissa's mechs.

I can't wait to see the mage class VVV in action.

Oh and L-Elf still can't decipher Shoko's thought process.

Shoko:2 L-Elf: 0

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2013-06-07 at 02:40.
Old 2013-06-07, 02:23   Link #67
Raxnom
気疲れ

"恋の選挙公約" Title for the episode 10. Got it from downloaded Chinese subs, because preview was there .
Though my Japanese sucks really hard, I understood it simply as "Love Promise". Somebody who actually is good at Japanese answer me that I understood it correctly.

P.S. I need to study moar grammar T_T.
Old 2013-06-07, 02:43   Link #68
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxnom View Post
"恋の選挙公約" Title for the episode 10. Got it from downloaded Chinese subs, because preview was there .
Though my Japanese sucks really hard, I understood it simply as "Love Promise". Somebody who actually is good at Japanese answer me that I understood it correctly.
I think it says "Election Promise of Love".

Wait, Election? What?
Old 2013-06-07, 02:47   Link #69
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

What's up with "hungry" though? Does Haruto actually drink blood or something when berserk? I mean he got them fangs. And it got more often after he and ERUERUFU went buddy buddy even though we only saw it happen twice before? Are the two events connected since he's the first person Haruto went dracula on? How much time passed since the end of last episode and this one anyway for the students to be already trained this much? But anyway DAT SHOKO ninja'ing whole treats into super super soldier L-Elf's face like it's nobodies business.
Old 2013-06-07, 02:58   Link #70
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

Wait, Election? What?
Maybe it has something to do with the promise Saki was talking about during that flash-forward?
Old 2013-06-07, 02:59   Link #71
Raxnom
気疲れ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post

Wait, Election? What?
That was my initial idea too, however I couldn't understand where Election comes in.
Old 2013-06-07, 03:09   Link #72
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxnom View Post
That was my initial idea too, however I couldn't understand where Election comes in.
Eh, well it can't really not be an "election" promise since the word used here for "promise" is of the public variety.
Old 2013-06-07, 03:13   Link #73
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

They do need an election though since they fancy themselves an independant nation. Satomi would probably push for it versus Shoko. Not that we all don't know L-Elf is the one actually pulling the strings here.
Old 2013-06-07, 03:41   Link #74
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoken View Post
Spoilers
Spoiler for 10
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Shouko looks sad, I wonder what happened.
Someone actually posted the preview pics for the next episode. It looks pretty interesting, but of course they're not showing much.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-06-07, 03:56   Link #75
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Someone actually posted the preview pics for the next episode. It looks pretty interesting, but of course they're not showing much.
I wonder why it didn't air after the episode like usual? Maybe due to the leak from earlier?
Old 2013-06-07, 04:36   Link #76
zztop

When Cain said the Valvraves had been successfully 'reproduced', does he mean in terms of 'technical reproduction'(ie. JIOR successfully copied the original Valvrave tech to make their own), or does he mean 'biological reproduction'(ie. the Valvraves were biologically grown using original Valvrave parts)?

I'm not sure if Cain's original Japanese dialogue regarding the above had some kind of double meaning that was lost in fansub translation. If anyone knows Japanese I'd really appreciate if someone could explain it.
Old 2013-06-07, 04:41   Link #77
Avaricia
My Lord

Spoiler for Best Subs ever!!!!:
Old 2013-06-07, 06:00   Link #78
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
When Cain said the Valvraves had been successfully 'reproduced', does he mean in terms of 'technical reproduction'(ie. JIOR successfully copied the original Valvrave tech to make their own), or does he mean 'biological reproduction'(ie. the Valvraves were biologically grown using original Valvrave parts)?
Cain knows about all the Valvraves due to A-Drei's spying.

Last episode he is either referring to the Valvraves or VVV-tan as the Bride who will connect their race.

So if VVV-tan is mom or the Queen Magius/Vampire then the pilots are her kids or sired humans.

But she is connected to Haruto the most though. And all her urges reflect on Haruto. If that spoiler is true all of it.

What is with this season with food molestation? First Sasha (SnK) then Takahi then Saki now L-Elf!
Old 2013-06-07, 06:17   Link #79
Destined_Fate

You forgot Shoko's hilarious cooking.
Old 2013-06-07, 06:37   Link #80
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
You forgot Shoko's hilarious cooking.
I did say Saki as she was the one food molested by Shoko.

Guess that is Karma.
Closed Thread