AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-11-18, 01:32   Link #1
Sol Falling

Sugar Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaupdates
Dark fantasy story follows a boy named Muoru who has been falsely arrested and sent to a cemetery to perform forced labor. There, he calls himself the "grave keeper" and meets a beautiful girl named Meria. Muoru becomes fascinated with Meria as he spends his days digging a hole containing the undead monster named "The Dark."
lol, here's a fuck awesome manga I randomly picked up today. Go read it too.

It's apparently a seinen adaptation of a light novel. The male lead is fairly unique. The supernatural/horror aspects will be a treat if you're into ero guro (LOL); the art in general has a satisfying, rough feel to it. The recent chapters released are leading up to an awesome climax, so get hyped and go read it now :P.

Been awhile since I ran across a manga which screamed so blatantly "We're not fucking around", lol. Guess that's one of the strengths of seinen manga; I've been on the edge of my seat.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 01:33   Link #2
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post

lol, here's a fuck awesome manga I randomly picked up today. Go read it too.

It's apparently a seinen adaptation of a light novel. The male lead is fairly unique. The supernatural/horror aspects will be a treat if you're into ero guro (LOL); the art in general has a satisfying, rough feel to it. The recent chapters released are leading up to an awesome climax, so get hyped and go read it now :P.

Been awhile since I ran across a manga which screamed so blatantly "We're not fucking around", lol. Guess that's one of the strengths of seinen manga; I've been on the edge of my seat.
Did you catch up to the latest chapter? Mole is kind of crazy though I wonder if we're almost caught up to where the first chapter started at.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 01:47   Link #3
Sol Falling

Yeah, I just read the whole thing straight through. Only 17 chapters, so still pretty short. lol, Mole has gone kinda crazy, but at the same time he's gone awesome too.

Spoiler for ch. 1 in media res:
Old 2011-11-18, 14:37   Link #4
Shadow5YA

How long is the light novel supposed to be? It feels like the manga will be ending soon.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 16:05   Link #5
Sol Falling

Seems like it's just the one light novel, so yeah it's probably nearing the end now. 3-4 volumes of manga is probably the limit based on just one novel, anyway. I guess we really are near the end, unless there's a sequel or something like that.
Old 2011-11-18, 17:23   Link #6
Excorsism

Not sure if would go through all dat pain for one girl. lol
Old 2011-12-04, 19:36   Link #7
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Maka Maka, Sugar Dark, Another Manga End in Japan
Old 2011-12-04, 20:08   Link #8
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Well it's not like there was anything left to do. The light novel was apparently a one shot.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 10:38   Link #9
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wha... it's already ended?????
although the manga already hit the awesome climax????!!!
that kiss is pure win!!!!!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-09, 17:12   Link #10
Sol Falling

Yup, ch. 18 really seems like the story's just about done, now. Good kiss, yeah.
Old 2011-12-14, 01:25   Link #11
Excorsism

Yep, chapter 19 marks the end of this grotesque yet cute series. Yay for Melia and Mole-kun. Looks like they're still stuck at the graveyard place though.
Old 2011-12-14, 02:15   Link #12
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

A happy ending for the Mole-kun and Melia. I'm not so happy that it ended suddenly with too many loopholes though.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-14, 03:12   Link #13
Sol Falling

Yeah, that ending was kinda abrupt. But, well, Melia was cute.
Old 2011-12-15, 22:09   Link #15
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I'm satisfied... that's all....
the ending is sweet....
although I hope it will be longer... but it's okay! (it's good enough for a short manga)
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 00:49   Link #16
FrejaOne

Such an abrupt ending, so many hanging threads. Sigh. It's like the production was cut short--I wonder if the original light novel was supposed to be a series and then plans changed.

The ero guro stuff is annoying--it's always girls getting sexually murdered, no guy ever has his penis peeking flirtily from beneath his exposed guts.

But all in all, quite an interesting read, even if it promises far more than it actually delivers, and Raven/Karas (whose big secret reveal is also abruptly handled) is such a charming character, I found myself more interested in him than the two leads.
FrejaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-22, 04:03   Link #17
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllegalGoddess View Post
Such an abrupt ending, so many hanging threads. Sigh. It's like the production was cut short--I wonder if the original light novel was supposed to be a series and then plans changed.
Wrong, LN was actually shorter than manga, which expanded story a little. That was whole story.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 15:09   Link #18
FrejaOne

Then it's even more interesting--as to why the author chose it to be that way. I wouldn't exactly call it a Gainax ending, more like the first half feels epic, and then it sort of wraps itself up quickly, if dramatically.
FrejaOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-28, 16:14   Link #19
bastek66

Do you even know what is Gainax ending? This normal happy ending that wraps up everything.
Story was nice, not too long not too short.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 17:56   Link #20
stellarroze

Sugar Dark has been completely translated at NanoDesu: http://sugardarkthetranslation.wordpress.com/ . The pdf and ePub should be released soon.
stellarroze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, mature, romance, seinen, supernatural