AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2015-03-22, 02:31   Link #381
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I love my Capcom fighting games.. so I've heard a lot of Hideyuki Fukasawa, and I'm quite a fan of his... but this is nowhere near as good as Kaijura's F/Z score.... Rule The Battlefield (so good she had to pretty much copy it for her best SAO theme...) is leagues above anything on this OST.

He's pretty decent at remixing themes....
Yea I agree, FZ OST 1 way better than this one.

Just off the top of my head :

Point Zero
Let the stars fall down
The battle is to the strong
Rule the battlefield
The beginning of the end
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 02:37   Link #382
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Okkin View Post
1. Memorability does not equal how well the music is composed. I remember nothing from Lord of the Rings but hell would be me if I say the music was bad.
2. Do remember it's OST 1 against FZ OST 1, just in case
3. Rule the Battlefield is a song of charisma. UBW has no OST to compare to its genre or its intention of use, so invalid.

A better comparison is FZ's Secret Maneuvers against UBW's Dark Glow.
One can't deny Dark Glow has a darker ambiance and overall better composition.
What matters to me is will I be listening to this album a year later? Probably not.

I still listen to F/Z though.
Old 2015-03-22, 02:38   Link #383
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Then that's preference and has no place in discussion about how good or well composed an OST is.
#betteranimation #betterediting
Rev Okkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 02:40   Link #384
jzmagic
flargansbog

Quote:
Then that's preference and has no place in discussion about how good or well composed an OST is.
Everything is subjective, and I never argued which album had better composition. Just stating my opinion that I think FZ album was much more memorable. No need to get defensive...
Old 2015-03-22, 03:04   Link #385
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Compositions, which are the OST, are objective on standalone on how well they are composed.

Forebodings is a literal cutout of Point Zero
Nervous, Rabble-rousers and Unrest are too similar in ambiance and too bland a composition to actually make a difference. All three can be recomposed into a single track and have a better composition then.
Old 2015-03-22, 04:27   Link #386
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

The OST is amazing, thank you for posting the links here!

Edit : Hm... somehow I remembered LiSa's this illusion better than this...

Last edited by Levani; 2015-03-22 at 06:23.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 06:36   Link #387
Allium
Keep on keeping on

Atmosphere-wise, I think Fukasawa did a good job in conveying the 'dark-magical-mysterious-feel' of the series. Imo most of the tracks don't really stand out without the anime visuals, though I like Rin's motif and the F/Z rearrangements.

But then, there's still the second cour to look forward to. Can't wait for his version of a certain Red Man's theme.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 07:36   Link #388
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

The Remixes were apparently made by Kajiura, the Kanji written in "contributing artist" reads as Yuki Kajiura.
Old 2015-03-22, 07:51   Link #389
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
The Remixes were apparently made by Kajiura, the Kanji written in "contributing artist" reads as Yuki Kajiura.
Yep, last two tracks (#26-27) are by Kajuira.

Quote:
1. Memorability does not equal how well the music is composed. I remember nothing from Lord of the Rings but hell would be me if I say the music was bad.
Of course the music in LOTR isn't bad, but it's not iconic (to you, and me) either otherwise you would remember it. A key to the success and status of John Williams is the amount of iconic themes he has pumped out as well as what he's actually worked on. Everyone knows star wars, imperial march, superman and raiders....

Quote:
2. Do remember it's OST 1 against FZ OST 1, just in case
I barely listened to ost 2 of F/Z since I never watched the second season, one day. So yeah I'm pretty much comparing the first osts...

Quote:
3. Rule the Battlefield is a song of charisma. UBW has no OST to compare to its genre or its intention of use, so invalid.
I don't care if it has no direct comparison, to me it's clearly a better song than anything Hideyuki put on the first ost. If I was told to combine the 51 tracks of F/Z OST 1 and UBW OST 1 and list them from best to worst it would be in the #1 spot period.

Quote:
A better comparison is FZ's Secret Maneuvers against UBW's Dark Glow.
One can't deny Dark Glow has a darker ambiance and overall better composition.
Oh I agree with that, still meaningless in the end, it's like comparing which NBA team has the better 12th man. Oh wait! one might be a point guard and the other a center so we can't do that Let me try again, it's like comparing third string point guards who might play a couple minutes a week between teams.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 07:57   Link #390
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I personally like both FSN and Kajiura OST. They're different but really atmospheric and epic in their own way. Rin's theme is badass <_<
Old 2015-03-22, 18:27   Link #391
Rev Okkin
Yorokobe, (Insert name)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Of course the music in LOTR isn't bad, but it's not iconic (to you, and me) either otherwise you would remember it. A key to the success and status of John Williams is the amount of iconic themes he has pumped out as well as what he's actually worked on. Everyone knows star wars, imperial march, superman and raiders....
Like I said, iconic or memorability does not equal a composition's grade as a musical score. It only means that is memorable. Everyone remembers the blares of Inception, but that's it, blares.

Quote:
I don't care if it has no direct comparison, to me it's clearly a better song than anything Hideyuki put on the first ost. If I was told to combine the 51 tracks of F/Z OST 1 and UBW OST 1 and list them from best to worst it would be in the #1 spot period.
It has to be or else it's like comparing an apple to an orange. It's meaningless comparison because the two are far too different to merit anything of comparison.
And preference has nothing on how good a composition is done

Quote:
Oh I agree with that, still meaningless in the end, it's like comparing which NBA team has the better 12th man. Oh wait! one might be a point guard and the other a center so we can't do that Let me try again, it's like comparing third string point guards who might play a couple minutes a week between teams.
Then compare point guard against point guard and center against center. If the third string point guards play real well, then how many times they played have no impact on their ability.
Both Dark Glow and Secret Maneuvers are used in tense scenes with antagonists, both build tension and both have dark ambiance to layer on sound.
Secret Maneuvers literally only has an AB structure. It does not develop the motifs and musical themes well other than presenting it.
Dark Glow has a clear cut intro that sets the tone well without resorting to simple bass. Through a crescendo and a slowly increasing tempo in repetition, the musical theme is developed and appropriately segwayed into the final theme, reminiscent of the earlier theme but in the peak to round off the tension created and close off the composition. Could be better, but a more solid composition than Secret Maneuvers
Old 2015-07-05, 06:19   Link #392
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Does anyone here know if or when the single/OST containing Aimer's Last Stardust (aka the UBW episode 20 insert song) will be released?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 09:42   Link #393
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Comes out on July 29.
belatkuro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-30, 03:53   Link #394
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

Just want to say that Aimer - Last Stardust is fucking amazing.
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-04, 11:34   Link #395
Evix

Fate/stay night: [Unlimited Blade Works] OST II Preview

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-10-07, 17:27   Link #396
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

OST2 of UBW is released! Damn, that new EMIYA is fantastic!
Old 2015-10-07, 18:29   Link #397
Evix

If anyone is interested to hear the Fate/stay night: [Unlimited Blade Works] Original Soundtrack II, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2JM...VSxbqus-VLJO3P

Enjoy!
Old 2015-10-08, 08:33   Link #398
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Wait, when did Fukaki nemuri play in the series?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-11, 08:35   Link #399
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Been a while now, but anyone know if "Rin's Melody" plays in UBW episode 4 where Rin and Archer check out a "gassed" building after leaving Shirou's house?

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 15:46   Link #400
EroKing

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?