AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-09, 21:59   Link #1501
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
They're hinging the series on the first 25 episodes to see how well it will be accepted. If it does well, we'll have a second season, if not, WHACK!
Wasn't it announced that the series was split up in two seasons? In that case, I guess they're prepared to go back on their word if the series does really bad.

Speaking of ratings, Gundam 00 scored a 5.4% in the Kantou region, which is a lot more respectable than the ratings Blood+, Ayakashi Ayashi, or Toward the Terra got. Although it's a tad lower than the ratings most SEED and FMA episodes got, if Gundam 00 can score around that area, I wouldn't think there'd be much fuss about doing the second half of 00, considering that it's a part of the Gundam franchise.

Here's a link for where I got the ratings stat:
http://www.videor.co.jp/data/ratedata/top10.htm#comic
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 22:15   Link #1502
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Gundam 00 site update

The official site put a profile of the AEU Hellion in the MS section and Haro in the character sections.

Haro
"A small, all-purpose machine (autonomous AI) owned by Celestial Being. Stays in the cockpit with Lockon and helps with some of the controls for the Dynames. Additionally, it's extensively used for maintenance work and is indispensable to Celestial Being, who uses a small number of personnel for the sake of preserving the organization's secrets."

Haro sounds useful
Old 2007-10-09, 22:16   Link #1503
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyblade View Post
Speaking of ratings, Gundam 00 scored a 5.4% in the Kantou region, which is a lot more respectable than the ratings Blood+, Ayakashi Ayashi, or Toward the Terra got. Although it's a tad lower than the ratings most SEED and FMA episodes got, if Gundam 00 can score around that area, I wouldn't think there'd be much fuss about doing the second half of 00, considering that it's a part of the Gundam franchise.
As stated in the ep 1 thread, Blood+ also got a 5.4 in its first ep... So depending on whether 00 goes up or down in ratings, its success is still up in the air.
Old 2007-10-09, 22:55   Link #1504
Spitfire
Mr. Bushido

An interesting bit of info. On the Id card for Setsuna that comes with the opening song single, it in fact states that Setsuna is a code name, and also has a spot for his real name, but it is in asterisks.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...1970173752.jpg
I'm guessing its the same for the other mesiters.
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 23:25   Link #1505
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Yup, it's AD. Means the creator is a mirai-jin. Ahaha
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 23:36   Link #1506
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Gundam 00 site update
Haro
"A small, all-purpose machine (autonomous AI) owned by Celestial Being. Stays in the cockpit with Lockon and helps with some of the controls for the Dynames. Additionally, it's extensively used for maintenance work and is indispensable to Celestial Being, who uses a small number of personnel for the sake of preserving the organization's secrets."

Haro sounds useful
Makes sense, since who'll in charge of control when Dynames in sniper mode? Get attacked from behind and there he goes . However, maintenance? How can a ball do that?
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 23:39   Link #1507
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
An interesting bit of info. On the Id card for Setsuna that comes with the opening song single, it in fact states that Setsuna is a code name, and also has a spot for his real name, but it is in asterisks.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...1970173752.jpg
I'm guessing its the same for the other mesiters.
hmmm....

Setsuna F Seiei "momentary" F "health"
Lockon Stratos "lockon" "Stratos" (titan) 0_o
Allelujah Haptism "Hallelujah" "Baptism" >_<
Tieria Erde - "earth" "earth" -_-

or something like that.

in retrospect, should have guessed from the random jumble of words that these guys weren't using real names. wonder if the same holds for the crew (then again...Noriega isn't exactly a name I'd pick on purpose)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Makes sense, since who'll in charge of control when Dynames in sniper mode? Get attacked from behind and there he goes . However, maintenance? How can a ball do that?
they're usually spidery things when it comes to giant robot repair, but if you got a couple hundred haros it'd probably work about the same...
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 23:44   Link #1508
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Gundam 00 site update

The official site put a profile of the AEU Hellion in the MS section and Haro in the character sections.

Haro

Haro sounds useful
Reminds me of R2-D2
Old 2007-10-10, 01:18   Link #1509
Otakuboy T
Otaku Knight

Send a message via MSN to Otakuboy T
WHY WHY WHY!!!!

THE entire episode, I think "look there's a girl"...and it turns out to be A GUY!!

I kept expecting the girl in the chinese dress to be a guy.

I don't care it's 300 years in the future you don't give a dude a PONYTAIL!

*brain explodes*

Would it kill to have a female main character piloting a gundam...and NOT a hand me down Gundam.

Overall not bad, but kinda wingish. Hope it changes.
Otakuboy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 01:31   Link #1510
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakuboy T View Post
WHY WHY WHY!!!!

THE entire episode, I think "look there's a girl"...and it turns out to be A GUY!!

*brain explodes*

Would it kill to have a female main character piloting a gundam...and NOT a hand me down Gundam.

Come on, this is how character design (from loveless) looks like that.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 04:38   Link #1511
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
they're usually spidery things when it comes to giant robot repair, but if you got a couple hundred haros it'd probably work about the same...
Not the same, especially with those "Haro! Haro!" noise .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakuboy T
WHY WHY WHY!!!!

*brain explodes*

How could you expect that Chinese girl is a guy .
And non of us could live for more than 300 years to see if a guy actually has PONYTAIL or not, so why complain when we use our standard fashion?
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 05:50   Link #1512
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
WHY WHY WHY!!!!
................*

Considering that I thought the girl in the china dress was possibly one of the hottest women i've ever seen in a gundam series...I could have you shot.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 06:24   Link #1513
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Not the same, especially with those "Haro! Haro!" noise .

How could you expect that Chinese girl is a guy .
And non of us could live for more than 300 years to see if a guy actually has PONYTAIL or not, so why complain when we use our standard fashion?
I hate to admit it, but I was getting some masculine vibes off her too... Now I didn't think she was a man, but I can't deny the feeling I was getting nor can I place precisely why I got it, but it was there.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 10:32   Link #1514
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Spoilers from NewType & Animag this month's issue:

Spoiler
Spoiler:
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 10:46   Link #1515
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

An Anti-Gundam Task Force? This is gonna be interesting...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 10:47   Link #1516
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Random 00 info
From Newtype: Hiroomi Iketani, one of the Gundam 00 producers, reveals some numbers associated with first episode of Gundam 00.

- About 2 years - The amount of time they spent planning the series. It started with temporary name "Next". Iketani met Seiji Mizushima for the first time at the end of 2005.

- About 30 people - Number of casts for the first episode.

- About 4hrs 30mins - The amount of time it took to record the audio. This is about average compared with other anime.

- Over 300 people - The staff members of Gundam 00. Compared with other shows, it probably has more main staff members (for an example, the mecha designers). Including the director, a lot of the staff is new to Gundam.

- Twice the amount compared to a typical show - The total amount of drawings needed to make the first episode.

- Over 400 pages - Reference drawings made for episode 1.

frm Gunota
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 11:08   Link #1517
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
An Anti-Gundam Task Force? This is gonna be interesting...
Well, it would only be expected. CB intentionally made it known that they are a force to be reckoned with, which allowed the speech to be taken seriously. But part of being taken seriously, is to be considered a threat by others.

The only question is, how long it would take for the various spy agencies to infiltrate CB? There is no way CB can remain hidden for long, now that they made their very existence public. For a superpower, it may be easier to avoid taking down the Gundams in a fight, but rather aim for disrupting CB's vital services and funding.
Old 2007-10-10, 11:16   Link #1518
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:

*brain explodes*
i had a ponytail, you got something against guys with ponytails?

Harima Kenji in School Rumble had a samurai cut ffs
Old 2007-10-10, 11:20   Link #1519
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Ah, the return of spoilers

I'm interested in Anti-Gundam task force and what they can do. Although I doubt a task force containing Union Flags can do much....

Anyone thinks that Saji and Louise will encounter some terrorist attack during their time? And maybe Allelujah will save them and bring them abroad the Ptolmaios, and we learn more about Celestial Being through their eyes
Old 2007-10-10, 11:43   Link #1520
Tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The only question is, how long it would take for the various spy agencies to infiltrate CB? There is no way CB can remain hidden for long, now that they made their very existence public. For a superpower, it may be easier to avoid taking down the Gundams in a fight, but rather aim for disrupting CB's vital services and funding.
Um.... żAl Qaeda?
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers