AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-14, 23:34   Link #261
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

She is cute, but in an extremely realistic way - not like some of the absurd lolis we've seen in recent years. Physically, emotionally and intellectually she's is one of the most true-to-life youmg children I've seen in anime.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 08:20   Link #262
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
She is cute, but in an extremely realistic way - not like some of the absurd lolis we've seen in recent years. Physically, emotionally and intellectually she's is one of the most true-to-life youmg children I've seen in anime.
What's more admirable about Murasaki is that she's also one of the most mature and non-bratty (or overly tsuntsun) tsunderes to date. She's quite mature for her age, though the depiction of her character is indeed realistic ^^ Murasaki is <33 I feel like making a shrine for her now xD
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 08:31   Link #263
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I don't think it's because Murasaki is realistic, but because she is so rare of an archetype in real life and because the writing carries her well. Who ever ran into real life princesses who were groomed in the high life?
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 08:58   Link #264
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

eh... paris hilton?

but murasaki's a gazillion times better.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 09:00   Link #265
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I mean the ones that are formally made to be one. Paris Hilton is actually the total opposite of that ideal. Maybe it's because of my Asian background, but I can only see princesses as the upstuck but overtly courteous type. It's almost a stereotype onto itself. I love how Murasaki goes through all the emotions while mostly adhering to the way she's taught to act. I hope she doesn't transform into 100% normal girl. That'd be boring.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 09:36   Link #266
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Well, maybe not too realistic but Murasaki is still way more believable than your average anime female character. Not that this is much of an achievement in itself because it's not so difficult to have larger vocabulary than "That's embarrassing" and "Damned pervert!".

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 10:53   Link #267
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
She is more understanding that most real girls of her age (and considering her brought up, I was amazed to see her admitting to being wrong...honestly I was expecting the argument to go further). I don't think I can expect a real 7 year old to not be selfish most of the times But definitely, her attractions come in the form of a sister you would like to take care of rather than someone who calls you "onii chan onii chan!" in the classic moe loli complex fashion.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 11:13   Link #268
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i dont know if im going to watch this or not

hmm um guys us this anime advisable to any people????
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 11:15   Link #269
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

based on the LAST 14 PAGES I SUGGEST YOU WATCH THIS NOW...

but this aint for the lolicons if youre expecting something like that. just pure unadulterated character development(in just 2 episodes, i mean, how many animes can do that?)
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 11:16   Link #270
Westlo
Lets be reality

Imo it's the second best in the season atm and if I wasn't a complete Macross fanboy it might be #1.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 11:17   Link #271
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
This is probably the second best show this season that isn't a sequel. There's just something about it that's draws you in, and the loli doesn't hurt either. It currently has a rating of 7/10, "Very Good."

Last edited by KholdStare; 2008-04-15 at 13:14. Reason: Typo
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 11:19   Link #272
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well since many good comment i guese i will watch this ehhehehe hmm were to watch Veoh or crunchyroll. hmmm
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 13:09   Link #273
Joachim
et tu, brute?

watched the first, impressed and watched the second, and i fall in love even deeper with this anime.

Good animation quality (hope they keep it up)
Good slice of life
Good action
Great voice acting
Great BGM
Good characterization (who don't love bossy murasaki, calm yet dangerous and mysterious shinkurou, cool and calm benika sama)
one (if not number one) of the best anime this season no doubt

this anime just made me feel warm inside when watching shinkuro treat murasaki, and fill me with questions when they show shinkuro flashback and his "throbbing" hand

don't get turn off with the loli murasaki, try to watch it and you can tell its different from other shows that emphasize on loli sexiness(kodomo no jikan, zero no tsukaima) murasaki is well... a little girl, not hawt little girl, but cute, naive, bossy and make you want to protect her
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 13:30   Link #274
AuditionEX
Protect the Loli

I want to find out what's the true secret intention and why is the client (forgot the name..) hides Murasaki to a safe place.
AuditionEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 13:41   Link #275
Kirarakim

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised by this series for all the reasons Joachim mentioned. If it was just for the premise I never would have picked this up but I kept hearing good things so I figured why not? Anyways I definitely will be following this. This is now one of my favorite new series from the spring.

The only thing that sort of worries me is this based on an unfinished series. So how will they handle the ending?
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 13:52   Link #276
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditionEX View Post
I want to find out what's the true secret intention and why is the client (forgot the name..) hides Murasaki to a safe place.
I'm not sure either, even though I think that if we paid a bit closer attention to the first half of the first episode, then we might infer something from it. However, I kinda fell asleep in the first half of the first episode, so I can't really comment from there. I guess we'll just have to watch on.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 15:57   Link #277
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

A interesting anime so far for me. The animation quality is good and Murasaki is a cute kid. Cute in a way not like "moe" but realistic cute. She's just like a normal baby girl except for the higher IQ and formality. I hardly see any of those characters in the anime I watch so I am definitely interested in seeing the rest of Kure-nai.

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Old 2008-04-15, 18:36   Link #278
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I don't think it's because Murasaki is realistic, but because she is so rare of an archetype in real life and because the writing carries her well. Who ever ran into real life princesses who were groomed in the high life?
I don't realistic in terms of her situation, but her physical and emotional self. She's pudgy, uncoordinated, endlessly curious and swings wildly between sweetness and brattiness. In short, a very real 7 year-old and not an Otaku-targeted loli.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 20:23   Link #279
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Just to keep the characters and their VAs straight, I made a page with pics of each character and of their VA, with some info about the VA. I also announced it in a blog post.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 22:43   Link #280
Joachim
et tu, brute?

anyone has any theory of why the "throbbing" hand? and shinkuro almost has no emotion even when he was injured...

i keep thinking he haas some kind of transplant (as he was shown crushed under rubble when he was a kid)
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, brains-base, characters, daily life, light novel adaptation, loli, shounen