AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 117 68.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 17.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.58%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.75%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-24, 00:45   Link #701
.Mero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Kawamori said in his interview that he sees limitless possibilities for Macross, so it's likely not going to end here. But who knows, it might be a few years before we see another one. We'll all be suffering from withdrawal soon enough.
Indeed, but like 4Tran says, I'd rather wait for another great story then have some mediocore crap next spring.
I'm all for more Macross though ^^
Old 2008-09-24, 01:37   Link #702
ThAixStYLe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeName MinusOne View Post
In the original Macross series, Hikaru had that romantic kiss scene with Minmei right before she sang in battle.
If memory serves me correct (I'm a big Macross Fanboy), Hikaru watched Lynn Minmay kiss with Lynn Kaifun on his valkyrie's display, used to deliver culture shock in the middle of her singing routine during the epic battle (eps. 26, I think?), right before she sings "Shao Pai Lon." I could be wrong on the song.

Anyhow, the barrage of missiles hit Hikaru's VF-1S Super Valkyrie as he blocks them with his armored arms of the battroid, thus destroying his arms. He regains consciousness as he is entering the earth's atmosphere and after the firing of the Grand Cannon and destruction of U.N. Spacy's Alaska Base. Misa was a/the (only?) survivor and sends out a Mayday which Hikaru intercepts. He then proceeds to rescue her.

The parallels you are trying to draw are a bit off since--if we are to compare characters between Frontier and SDF:

-Alto is Hikaru
-Sheryl is Misa (since we're not using DYRL in the comparison)
-Brera is Kaifun
-Ranka is Minmay

We didn't seen Brera kiss Ranka (That would be bad. It was bad enough with Minmay and Kaifun being cousins...worse with siblings...but hey, whatever floats your boat.) before she started singing. Instead it was Alto and Sheryl kissing and then Alto appearing to be blown up.

If we were to use a different system for comparison that would equate to the events of SDF, then Alto and Sheryl would have to be Kaifun and Minmay. Now that really doesn't make sense.

However, I do see the parallels with previous Macross series and MacF and acknowledge that MacF likes to reuse past themes. It's just that you can't really compare it all on a 1:1 basis and have to allow for deviation. After all this is MacF and not SDF Macross. We clearly see this in the Pineapple Cake episode.

Sorry for the long post, but I've been a spectator for so long, I felt I had to participate before this comes to an end. I'm also a closet SxA shipper.

My 2 cents.
Old 2008-09-24, 02:47   Link #703
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Thats a long post?

Clearly, you havent lurk around here long enough
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-24, 03:17   Link #704
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
What's so surprising about that? I've been a big fan of Macross Frontier from the very beginning; I just haven't posted all that much recently because Real Life (TM) intervened. Besides, it's not as if I don't gush about other shows as well: it's just that they tend not to be very mainstream, or obscure (Touka Gettan), or a little older (Noein), or all of the above. And of course, there isn't all that much to discuss about a lot of my favorite shows; Macross Frontier simply doesn't happen to be one of them.

This is help a great deal since all of the Macross works are so very different from one another. As long as the basic tripod (variable fighters, singing, love triangle) is preserved, and the story takes place in the same universe, there's a lot of room for new adventures. It's also obvious that the creators are playing around with more ideas than would fit Macross Frontier alone, so it's mostly a matter of Kawamori working up the motivation to put together a new work. Still, he sort of likes taking his time at this kind of thing, so it may be a while yet before we see anything else. Hopefully, the next work won't be the 30th Anniversary.
According to this Space War One began on Feb 7, 2009.

So maybe will get something from Shoji Kawamori by then OR the Zentraedi might actually arrive and exterminate the Human race. Which BTW is totally unfair, since we have'nt developed VF's yet.

EDIT: It seems preview pics are out for Episode 25, according to a poster at MW.

Link: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.ph...dpost&p=662343
NOTE: Don't open if you don't wanna be spoiled.

Spoiler for Don't Open if you don't wanna be spoiled:

Last edited by grss1982; 2008-09-24 at 03:35. Reason: Episode 25 Preview PiCs ADDED!!!!
Old 2008-09-24, 04:46   Link #705
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
According to this Space War One began on Feb 7, 2009.

So maybe will get something from Shoji Kawamori by then OR the Zentraedi might actually arrive and exterminate the Human race. Which BTW is totally unfair, since we have'nt developed VF's yet.

EDIT: It seems preview pics are out for Episode 25, according to a poster at MW.

Link: http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.ph...dpost&p=662343
NOTE: Don't open if you don't wanna be spoiled.

Spoiler for Don't Open if you don't wanna be spoiled:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-24, 05:42   Link #706
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

About those posts in the Macross World forum... there seems to be some kind of info on the official Playstation site stating 49 episodes for Macross Frontier. A typo? Or a second season? Or simply wishful thinking?

Old 2008-09-24, 05:55   Link #707
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Spore: Then as the head of this house, close the space ports and prevent my mother from making entry!

Butler: Absolutely, but I must remind you, she is returning via a battlecruiser. It is heavily armed with an array of beam weaponry and fully loaded with nuclear arsenal.

Spore: Yes, yes of course. But she would not dare attack her own house, no?

Butler: I cannot answer that. You are her daughter, you understand her best.

Spore: . . .

- Tak (Other dynamic couples include Hayami x Shibamura -Gunparade March-, but thats another story)
Oh god Young Spore is awesome! Post more from Young Spore <3
Old 2008-09-24, 07:41   Link #708
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
About those posts in the Macross World forum... there seems to be some kind of info on the official Playstation site stating 49 episodes for Macross Frontier. A typo? Or a second season? Or simply wishful thinking?
Unless I see the info in print, directly quoting from Satelight or The Man himself, any news of a second season is wishful thinking. However, I'll be jumping for joy if proven wrong
Old 2008-09-24, 07:57   Link #709
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

That makes two of us.

Old 2008-09-24, 09:08   Link #710
grunty

Considering that site has 49 episodes listed for BLOOD+ (which actually was 50) and Macross 7 with 49 above Macross Frontier... I'd say it's a 99.9% possibility of a copy pasta mistake.
Old 2008-09-24, 09:41   Link #711
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I know, I know... but it was a fun dream, wasn't it?

Old 2008-09-24, 09:52   Link #712
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Is the next episode scheduled normally? And normal episode length?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-24, 09:55   Link #713
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yes and Yes.
Old 2008-09-24, 09:55   Link #714
Tsuchiro

yup, only 24mins....
Old 2008-09-24, 09:59   Link #715
grunty

Actually, they just fixed the episode count to 25 on that playstation site.
Old 2008-09-24, 10:06   Link #716
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
ONly 24 mins?... Not enough for the finale!

Old 2008-09-24, 10:08   Link #717
Tabris

Urgh, I can't wait for the next episode and I moved into new accommodation recently, unfortunately, the company that manages it blocks the use of torrents and IRC so that leisurely activities don't bottleneck the connection for others living in the same block.

I'm just going to pray that I can find somewhere to ddl the first raws.
Old 2008-09-24, 10:29   Link #718
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ bribe Tsuchiro for raw MF link
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2008-09-24, 11:51   Link #719
golthin

Joy! We are down to less than 23 hours! I can't wait for the last episode! Much celebration from Sheryl's camp(like they didn't know it was set in stone) and a lot of depressed Ranka shippers!
Old 2008-09-24, 11:55   Link #720
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
ONly 24 mins?... Not enough for the finale!
Integrate the OP and ED into the direction, and they _might_ make it without ridiculously rushed pacing. I agree, it seems like that they really misplaced an episode somewhere along the line in this series (Olympics?) like some people have accused Macross Zero 4->5 of doing (which I don't agree) .
Closed Thread