AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-18, 19:13   Link #621
Witch of Trolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorino123 View Post
MYGOD
Erika should be just like that on a anime. She is so perfect there *-*
And i want the translations too. Can you scan the interview so someone can translate? ^^
I believe that hagurama posted a link with a translation of the interview on the previous page.

And I agree that that is a lovely picture of Erika.
Old 2011-07-26, 03:32   Link #622
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Still no Beato figure...
Old 2011-07-26, 15:51   Link #623
Kishin
Hanyuu's #1 Fan

T_T I want that Lucifer but its a garage kit isn't it..? Oh well...
As for a Beato figure, the dollfie of her is probably going to be the best we're going to get, the dress seems to be a little much for material, of course I just bought Tenshi from Angel Beats with full wings so wtf do I know
Old 2011-09-06, 12:55   Link #624
ElderKain

Arrow

Anyone know where I can buy the Official Visual Novel DVDs for 1-4 & 5-8?

Not like the Download buy versions like on
http://secure.hobibox.net/umineko/catalog.php

but the official DVD versions *non bootleg*
Old 2011-09-06, 14:31   Link #625
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderKain View Post
Anyone know where I can buy the Official Visual Novel DVDs for 1-4 & 5-8?

Not like the Download buy versions like on

but the official DVD versions *non bootleg*
Episodes 1-4
Episodes 5-8
Old 2011-09-06, 16:34   Link #626
ElderKain

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeriven View Post
Any English purchasing sites.
Apparently they don't like my purchasing from the US, since when I click Check out it says
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 Bad Request
Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Old 2011-09-06, 17:09   Link #627
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Quote:
Apparently they don't like my purchasing from the US, since when I click Check out it says
Hrm, I thought you could make US purchases from there. You mean you can see the individual item pages but when you try to check out it bombs? That's odd. I'm from the US and went through the process to make an order and got up to the payment selection part with no problems. o_0
Old 2011-09-06, 18:17   Link #628
einhorn303

Quote:
AmiAmi allows purchasing from the US; I've purchased stuff there myself. It's just a technical problem; the site is kinda buggy. Although, if you do want to buy it from somewhere else, there's:

Paletweb:
http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=0003381
http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=80003666 (sold out now, but if you request it they should restock it)

There's also a legal download version for overseas offered in partnership of Witch Hunt and HobiBox, which has both 1-4 and 1-8: http://secure.hobibox.net/umineko/catalog.php

That'd probably be the most convenient thing, since there's no shipping time or cost.
Old 2011-09-06, 21:20   Link #629
ElderKain

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
AmiAmi allows purchasing from the US; I've purchased stuff there myself. It's just a technical problem; the site is kinda buggy. Although, if you do want to buy it from somewhere else, there's:

Paletweb:
http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=0003381
http://www.paletweb.com/selectpage.asp?code=80003666 (sold out now, but if you request it they should restock it)

There's also a legal download version for overseas offered in partnership of Witch Hunt and HobiBox, which has both 1-4 and 1-8: http://secure.hobibox.net/umineko/catalog.php

That'd probably be the most convenient thing, since there's no shipping time or cost.
Thanks for the paletweb links, I may get it from there.
also the reason why I wasn't interested in that
one is because that's just a digital download, and lets say that website goes down for if i need to dl it like 10 years from now.
An official DVD version seems more reliable than an installation which you download online in my opinion.
Old 2011-09-07, 06:52   Link #630
einhorn303

Quote:
Thanks for the paletweb links, I may get it from there.
also the reason why I wasn't interested in that
one is because that's just a digital download, and lets say that website goes down for if i need to dl it like 10 years from now.
An official DVD version seems more reliable than an installation which you download online in my opinion.
Actually, a DRM-free digital download will last much longer. DVDs will naturally deteriorate over long periods of time. It's hard to get an exact estimate, but the closest I've gotten from a semi-official source is 20-100 years for DVD-ROMS from the Council on Library Resources (1). Nobody knows for sure, of course, since no DVD has even existed for that long, and "accelerated aging" tests are just a test.

With a DRM-free digital file though, you can back it up on multiple hard-drives, getting new ones when older ones fail. If you're smart about it, you can keep a digital file for infinity this way. I have my Hobibox download of Episode 5-8 on my computer, on my external back-up drive, and on an external hard drive at my brother's apartment (in case there's a fire at my house); it'll definitely be lasting longer than 10 years.
Old 2011-09-07, 12:25   Link #631
ElderKain

Arrow

Quote:
Actually, a DRM-free digital download will last much longer. DVDs will naturally deteriorate over long periods of time. It's hard to get an exact estimate, but the closest I've gotten from a semi-official source is 20-100 years for DVD-ROMS from the Council on Library Resources (1). Nobody knows for sure, of course, since no DVD has even existed for that long, and "accelerated aging" tests are just a test.

With a DRM-free digital file though, you can back it up on multiple hard-drives, getting new ones when older ones fail. If you're smart about it, you can keep a digital file for infinity this way. I have my Hobibox download of Episode 5-8 on my computer, on my external back-up drive, and on an external hard drive at my brother's apartment (in case there's a fire at my house); it'll definitely be lasting longer than 10 years.
True You have a point there.
and + the digital download is much cheaper in comparison.
I have a DVD burner and blank DVDs as well so I may just burn the Digital DL Installer as well as the translation patches from Witch-Hunt on the same DVD.

Anyways, thanks for talking me out of purchasing the official DVD version ^.^
Old 2011-09-07, 23:34   Link #632
einhorn303

Quote:
True You have a point there.
and + the digital download is much cheaper in comparison.
I have a DVD burner and blank DVDs as well so I may just burn the Digital DL Installer as well as the translation patches from Witch-Hunt on the same DVD.

Anyways, thanks for talking me out of purchasing the official DVD version ^.^
Well, on the other hand, the boxes are pretty sweet...especially the cover art (I have the physical versions of 1-4 and 5-8, and the purchased digital version of 7).
Old 2011-09-08, 09:17   Link #633
ElderKain

Arrow

Quote:
Well, on the other hand, the boxes are pretty sweet...especially the cover art (I have the physical versions of 1-4 and 5-8, and the purchased digital version of 7).
Oh now you are just trying to confuse me... lol.
What I'll do is get the Digital DL, then burn the installer onto the DVD for the Eps 1-4, and then I'll design my own cover for the DVD ^.^

Arts one of my strong points as you can see from my avatar which I drew and animated myself.
It says ElderKain in Japanese in the Umineko text style ^.^
Old 2011-09-09, 18:29   Link #634
aiman24

Quote:
Oh now you are just trying to confuse me... lol.
What I'll do is get the Digital DL, then burn the installer onto the DVD for the Eps 1-4, and then I'll design my own cover for the DVD ^.^

Arts one of my strong points as you can see from my avatar which I drew and animated myself.
It says ElderKain in Japanese in the Umineko text style ^.^

if you can wait it out and don't mind paying shipping, buy the physical copies.

you can always rip the discs or make copies onto hard drives and blank discs, and it's not illegal as long as you own your original and legal copy.
Old 2011-09-09, 18:40   Link #635
aiman24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
You can get the Beatrice and Maria dollfies on taobao for.. pretty much cheaper than any other site, since it's Chinese eBay. You just have to use a shopping service.
i have to ask about taobao...

is it really easy to come across fakes over there?

especially on cd/disc related content.

i ask because it's too good/cheap to be true... most of the items are hella cheaper than their retail prices
Old 2011-09-11, 02:03   Link #636
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiman24 View Post
i have to ask about taobao...

is it really easy to come across fakes over there?

especially on cd/disc related content.

i ask because it's too good/cheap to be true... most of the items are hella cheaper than their retail prices
Most things are actually legit. It's cheaper in general because Yuan is weaker than the US dollar, making it look cheaper for us when it's probably kind of costly over there still? And the catch is that you have to use a shopping service and pay for shipping by weight, since you don't live there..
Old 2011-11-15, 14:11   Link #637
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Didn't know where to post, so I'm posting here:

Spoiler for Fuyucomi releases:

It seems that two short stories are being released this winter comiket - 「我らの告白」and「天使17歳 東シ-44a」, but I can't figure out what does 東シ-44a mean/refer to. Does anyone know?
Old 2011-11-15, 15:05   Link #638
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKey View Post
Didn't know where to post, so I'm posting here:

Spoiler for Fuyucomi releases:

It seems that two short stories are being released this winter comiket - 「我らの告白」and「天使17歳 東シ-44a」, but I can't figure out what does 東シ-44a mean/refer to. Does anyone know?
Is it okay if I giggle a little out of joy?
Well, Umineko Hane should be the semi-officially announced 2nd TIPs collection I think, though of course I hope for something more. But especially Warera no kokuhaku (Our confession) could turn out what we were waiting for...especially because Clair spoke of her/themself as Warera.
The second pamphlet could turn out as a comedy sidestory...especially because if I remember correctly East 44a is the place where the 07th Expansion booth is located at Comiket.
Old 2011-11-15, 15:25   Link #639
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Warera no kokuhaku (Our confession) could turn out what we were waiting for...especially because Clair spoke of her/themself as Warera.
Yeah, was thinking the same thing. I was so hyped when I read that first title
So, that 東シ-44a is a Comiket booth number? Good to know, thanks for the explanation! (out of curiosity, what does that シ stand for?)

I actually hope those side stories will be released outside of comiket too. You know, online shops bonuses and the like. I really want to know what's inside kokuhaku.
Old 2011-11-15, 15:40   Link #640
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Is it okay if I giggle a little out of joy?
Well, Umineko Hane should be the semi-officially announced 2nd TIPs collection I think, though of course I hope for something more. But especially Warera no kokuhaku (Our confession) could turn out what we were waiting for...especially because Clair spoke of her/themself as Warera.
The second pamphlet could turn out as a comedy sidestory...especially because if I remember correctly East 44a is the place where the 07th Expansion booth is located at Comiket.
I found the news earlier today and have been translating info and "giggling out of joy" for the evening.
I thought Warera no Kokuhaku might have been just another TIP, but the fact that Clair does speak that way and other info about it makes my expectations for it so much higher.

【小冊子「我らの告白」】
「うみねこのなく頃に」の真犯人による手記。
30000字以上の大ボリュームで、不可能殺人のトリックがいよいよ明かされます!

Looks like "Our Confession" contains memorabilia from the true culprit (真犯人) of Umineko and reveals the tricks behind the seemingly impossible murders. It seems to have over 30000 characters written. How many pages does that approximately make? What was written under the image of the cover said 「真犯人」が、全てを明かす。"The true culprit reveals everything." This might just be what we've been waiting for!

I was hoping that Tsubasa 2 would collect the new and old TIPS to a tall case, but seems like we got another title. I wonder if this is just some kind of "newest updates" and we're getting a bigger set later. I shouldn't complain though, this is all amazing news.

Source: http://www.office-mk.co.jp/pcshop/sp...eko2.html#hane
It has Hane and OMK CROSS screenshots as well as a Higanbana page with Higanbana 2 screenshots.

I wonder when the pre-orders are opening. I got the impression that you only get Hane and Warera no Kokuhaku when you pre-order Higanbana 2 and OMK CROSS together (this might also suggest yet another TIPS collection coming), and I definitely don't want to miss that, even if they're going to be collected somewhere later. They also have a C81-set, which includes a paper bag by Natsumi Kei (Umineko EP1 and 3 excellent mangaka, should you not know). I hope that set comes available to pre-order outside Japan, but it seems to be sold at the Comiket booth only (indeed, East 44a is the location of 07th Expansion's booth there).
Closed Thread