AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-02, 04:31   Link #101
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
it looks like Aokiji made a hole in his body to dodge the blow, thus I guess speed would be the considered answer then. As long as the hole is there BEFORE the haki infused weapon arrives it shouldn't affect the Logia.
Bypass effect
Old 2012-11-02, 08:21   Link #102
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

akainu also got slashed by haki and was fine, he didn't use speed to dodge or made a hole in his body... he most likely used his own haki to defend himself
Old 2012-11-02, 10:09   Link #103
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
akainu also got slashed by haki and was fine, he didn't use speed to dodge or made a hole in his body... he most likely used his own haki to defend himself
He's just badass enough to not care, I guess.
Old 2012-11-02, 22:52   Link #104
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
He's just badass enough to not care, I guess.
Maybe he enjoys pain and torturing others
Old 2012-11-03, 01:24   Link #105
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
I have to support your opinion on that. It's been said that WB can use all 3 Hakis. There was a scene where he stabbed Aokiji through the stomach(though it could be proven that he made that hole in his chest before being stabbed), and he was just fine. Then another where he slashed Kizaru and he was fine also.
I think if someone has the same amount of strength in the CoA, then the two kind of cancel themselves out, but I'm sure you can still feel it, because Akainu announced it when vista and marco hit him.

Last edited by DreGon45; 2012-11-03 at 01:35.
Old 2012-11-03, 12:53   Link #106
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
Anyone disappointed with Tashigi? I certainly was. Not that I expected her to actually beat Monet, but I thought she had more than what she showed. Instead she barely did anything at all and would have died if not for Zoro.
I thought she did what she could to slow down a logia from really damaging her crew. She demonstrated a few abilities, Soru, Haki. She also demonstrated guts and determination by holding Monet on her shoulder. In a sense, her fight with Monet was interrupted by Zoro. It wasn't looking good for her but the fight could have lasted longer if not for that. And all of this after getting absolutely trounced by Law and Vergo. She has a lot to go in terms of growth and I think seeing Zoro will help, perhaps like Luffy inspired Coby?
Old 2012-11-03, 16:01   Link #107
marvelB

As far as my opinion on Tashigi's performance goes.... eh. At least it's impressive that she's able to fight against logia opponents despite not being a DF user herself (or a monster like the Trio). At the very least, she landed the finishing blow on Monet. Could she have put up a better fight? I don't see why not (she can use both haki AND Rokushiki now, after all), but all in all I don't think she did too bad for her first victory against a powerful DF user.

And with that being said, that's one PH boss down, with 3 more to go (CC, Vergo, Shinokuni). Though Dofla's reinforcements could still arrive as soon as the next few chapters......
Old 2012-11-03, 17:33   Link #108
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

People are expecting Tashigi to be a serious opponent in the series for anyone? That will never happen except against low level grunts.
Old 2012-11-03, 18:38   Link #109
marvelB

^Call me naive if you want, but personally, I always supported the idea that she would end up being Zoro's final opponent in the series.....
Old 2012-11-03, 20:00   Link #110
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

And she would end up being cut down effortlessly.
Old 2012-11-03, 21:59   Link #111
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
And she would end up being cut down effortlessly.
Well, as of now, she's fodder for Zoro. But who knows how much she'll improve as the story progresses further. Look at how pathetic Coby was at the beginning. He was a complete joke with no aptitude for fighting whatsoever. And after being under Garp's tutelage for the past 2 1/2 years roughly, he's improved so much it's not even funny (but this astounding growth rate is to be expected since he aspires to become an admiral in the future). That being said, it's not far-fetched to believe Coby will more than be able to give Luffy a run for his money later on. Will Tashigi soar to these heights as well? Maybe.

The point is, I wouldn't be so quick to judge the outcome of that match.
Old 2012-11-04, 11:49   Link #112
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^Call me naive if you want, but personally, I always supported the idea that she would end up being Zoro's final opponent in the series.....
Zoros final opponent will be Koshiro. I have a gut feeling he is very strong but doesn't show off his strength because of the kids. He could of easily had one in Wano if he wanted to teach his style. Something tells me there more to his character than having the only Dojo outside the NW...
Old 2012-11-04, 15:42   Link #113
marvelB

Uh.... yeah, when I was talking about Zoro having a final match against Tashigi, I wasn't exactly envisioning it to happen anytime soon. I'm talking about a good deal later in the series, probably after Luffy and co. have already conquered the New World. Would Zoro still beat her? Sure, I wouldn't doubt it at all! But I was also thinking that Tashigi would be a decent enough match for him by then that it wouldn't become such a one-sided victory.

BTW, I pretty much have the similar sentiments for Luffy's final match with Coby. For some reason, a few people seem to be under the impression that Coby is a match for Luffy now, but I find that highly unlikely at this point. Similarly to Tashigi, I don't see Coby becoming admiral-level (and therefore, a match for our future pirate king) until around the end of the series. I don't doubt that he (and Helmeppo) has come a long way since they were introduced, but I still feel that it's too soon to consider them to be a peer among the likes of Garp, Sengoku, or the 3 admirals.....
Old 2012-11-04, 15:49   Link #114
james0246

I'm unclear why there needs to be a "final match". I would much prefer something like eternal rivalry or a constant presence in each others lives. I see no reason why Colby has to surpass Luffy and even less reason why Tashigi has to surpass Zoro (especially if that would lead to Zoro committing suicide), and there is no real reason for Oda to show a last encounter if the Strawhats opponents will simply lose anyway. Better to end on a joke with Coby and Tashigi chasing Luffy and Zoro off into the sunset.
Old 2012-11-04, 15:55   Link #115
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
am I the only one who kinda want mononosuke to join the crew?, dragon would be nice addition to the crew. and who knows his life might continue to be in danger because people might want to experiment/capture him because of his man-made devil fruit. so it would would be best to stick close to the straw hats for protection.

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Old 2012-11-04, 16:04   Link #116
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm unclear why there needs to be a "final match". I would much prefer something like eternal rivalry or a constant presence in each others lives. I see no reason why Colby has to surpass Luffy and even less reason why Tashigi has to surpass Zoro (especially if that would lead to Zoro committing suicide), and there is no real reason for Oda to show a last encounter if the Strawhats opponents will simply lose anyway. Better to end on a joke with Coby and Tashigi chasing Luffy and Zoro off into the sunset.

To be fair, I never said that I expected to see Coby and Tashigi surpass their respective rivals, but at least become an equal match for them. And really, my main point was that I don't see either marine catching up to the monster trio's level until around the end of the series, so I don't really care if their rivalries last forever or not. I just find it ridiculous that some people expect those two to catch up to the monsters sooner rather than later, is all.
Old 2012-11-04, 16:22   Link #117
Kona
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Uh.... yeah, when I was talking about Zoro having a final match against Tashigi, I wasn't exactly envisioning it to happen anytime soon. I'm talking about a good deal later in the series, probably after Luffy and co. have already conquered the New World. Would Zoro still beat her? Sure, I wouldn't doubt it at all! But I was also thinking that Tashigi would be a decent enough match for him by then that it wouldn't become such a one-sided victory.

BTW, I pretty much have the similar sentiments for Luffy's final match with Coby. For some reason, a few people seem to be under the impression that Coby is a match for Luffy now, but I find that highly unlikely at this point. Similarly to Tashigi, I don't see Coby becoming admiral-level (and therefore, a match for our future pirate king) until around the end of the series. I don't doubt that he (and Helmeppo) has come a long way since they were introduced, but I still feel that it's too soon to consider them to be a peer among the likes of Garp, Sengoku, or the 3 admirals.....
Tashigi hasn't been in the right mindset in her fights imo, If she was bloodlusted with the intent to kill her fights would be completely different..

Hating on Coby.. nothing new to see here
Old 2012-11-04, 16:58   Link #118
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know, Tashigi is still Smoker's Captain (yes, I know it's her MILITARY rank, no need to point that out). Since in the marines, authority seems to equal asskicking, I think saying she's "weak" is premature given what little we've seen her do. No, she's not on Zoro's level, but neither is say, Nami, or Usopp, or Chopper. Are they weak?
Old 2012-11-04, 18:43   Link #119
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Do you think Zoro will ever gain haki or already has it but just hasn't had the level of enemy to show it upon yet?
Old 2012-11-04, 19:23   Link #120
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
Do you think Zoro will ever gain haki or already has it but just hasn't had the level of enemy to show it upon yet?

Question: Are you caught up with the current chapters? Because that should have answered your question already....
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion