AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-15, 20:50   Link #81
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Just finished watching the episode from YouTube
OP's not bad.

Lucia has very good taste in fashion(& the screenshots during the break with the mirror).

Eye-patch girls FTW!!!

And Sumire(Berserk) =
Old 2007-01-16, 01:08   Link #82
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Hmm... feeling a little underwhelmed by Ep01. There was a noticeable lack of tension in the fights, and I never really felt any sort of worry for the main characters' well-being.

I also get the feeling that they tried to cramp too much information into the first episode. Is this season slated for 13 episodes only? I would understand the information-dump if that was the case, but if VVV is a 2-cour anime series, then it seems counter-productive to squeeze in so many details that a lot of it will just fly over the audience's heads.

Not really feeling the urge to keep track of this series, but I will wait and see Ep02 before considering any further decisions.

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-16, 02:01   Link #83
Pakxenon
popcorn

Decent episode, although a little on the predictable side with the "hidden power" and stuff. I'm watching this because 1) it was advertised after Rozen Maiden: Ouverture, and 2) the past season we haven't seen a lot of fansubs lately... I'm also not a fan of the character designs - it's leaning in the way of Strawberry Panic (of which I only watched 3 episodes of XD), but otherwise tolerable.

This series will keep me from getting bored.
Old 2007-01-16, 03:34   Link #84
myopius

It's OK IMO. What will probably keep me watching it the evil Sumire aspect.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Someone / some people mentioned it and yeah there's a sense of yuri. Sumire's school uniform there seems to resemble uniforms I see a lot in yuri anime from my perspective, too (I think).
Old 2007-01-17, 10:50   Link #85
Kisuke06
I see...

I just watched episode 1, and I rather enjoyed it.

I don't know if someone already mentioned this, but in the first scene Sumire looks exactly like Adell from Disgaea 2, except for the green tie. lol

Spoiler for comparison:
Old 2007-01-17, 13:11   Link #86
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'm happy with the first episode, it does the job. Nanase Hikaru as yet again made another epic musical score - back when i first heard that the series would be adapted into a anime, i knew for a fact they'd go with using her for the music.

From just looking at this series, i get lil' feelings from different stories/shows in the past. The main one for me had to be the whole shop idea - not 100% like xxxHolic, though even only a select few people being able to see Virus' reminds me of Watanuki. This is not a bad thing - its just something that'll always be on my mind when watching this.
Old 2007-01-17, 14:22   Link #87
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Sumire looks so scary when she's in berserk mode. Even Lucia feels uneasy around her (no doubt though). So she gets exhausted after using that golden eye of hers eh? The ED reminds me of Shakugan no Shana's because of the illustration. The OP reminds me of Rozen Maiden's. And what's with the blush line around Sumire's face?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-01-17, 14:29   Link #88
Kipp
Uncertainty

I find this series to be really intriguing so far. I'm still not sure about the point of certain things, but then again we're only on episode 2. I did notice both Sumire and Lucia have tattoos on their upper arm. I'm not sure yet what purpose those serve, since I think it was Sumire's that changed during a sequence.
Old 2007-01-17, 18:04   Link #89
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Love the fashion in the series episode 1 held my attention so im assuming I will like it. Not much else to say cant really base anything yet want to see a few more eps before i pass judgment. However i did like the OP song
Old 2007-01-17, 19:59   Link #90
mintyfresh
Altoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-chan View Post
I don't know if someone already mentioned this, but in the first scene Sumire looks exactly like Adell from Disgaea 2, except for the green tie. lol

Spoiler for comparison:
Oh God, win for pointing that out.
Old 2007-01-17, 22:09   Link #91
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
girls with gunz? MADLAX anyone???

SOLD!!!

the OP is okay, character design is moe...downloading eps 1 ..
Old 2007-01-17, 23:01   Link #92
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Looks good so after, but for some reason i see them trying to kill each other in the end, I got that vib after seeing serk mode Sumire
Old 2007-01-18, 09:51   Link #93
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
I liked the ED song, and I adore Lucia.
So I'll certainly keep watching, for a while at least.

And, to quote someone at Shoujoai forums: It's Hazumu-kun on crack.
Old 2007-01-18, 12:15   Link #94
Kipp
Uncertainty

I'm loving the ED music. <3 I find that mellow/dramatic/sad etc ending themes usually go better than something happy, especially if the anime ends in a sad way.
Old 2007-01-18, 13:50   Link #95
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh yea the ED song is definatly pleasing to the ears ^__^ anyone else find the resemblance between the end sequence with the cross to the death note OP with light on the cross? ^_^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-18, 14:02   Link #96
Kipp
Uncertainty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
oh yea the ED song is definatly pleasing to the ears ^__^ anyone else find the resemblance between the end sequence with the cross to the death note OP with light on the cross? ^_^
I haven't watched Death Note, but I watched the OP just now to see what you were talking about. (The OP music is nice btw) but the only resemblance I noticed was when that white cross appears on a black background with the anime title across it. I wasn't sure if that's what you meant.

Last edited by Kipp; 2007-01-18 at 18:17.
Old 2007-01-18, 19:07   Link #97
cyth
Banned

Watched episode 02...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-18, 20:54   Link #98
gnuffiehot

I saw episode 2 as well

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-19, 02:07   Link #99
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well ep 2 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-19, 23:13   Link #100
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Send a message via MSN to kriez
i think the plot is more similiar to Busou Renkin, or so it seems from the plot summary provided by ANN.. Busou Renkin may be good for laffs but i find the slapstick comedy a little overdone.. on the other hand, VVV seems to have rather nice graphics~ ep2 was aired on 18th, should expect it to be subbed very soon! cant wait!!

*btw, i dl ep 1 but i cant seem to open the file despite trying various player programmes..! the title of the anime seems to curse the file huh, a virus?! had to watch ep1 on youtube.. dling ep1 all over again, hope it'll turn out rite.. anyone had the same experience as me with opening the file??
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen