AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 6 14.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 29.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 24.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-10, 06:53   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 15 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hanasaku Iroha, Episode 15.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2011-07-10, 09:57   Link #2
Midonin
Last Engage

HSI 15 - The Dish Transport Robot's Story ~Behind the Metal~

Unbeknownst to us viewers of flesh and blood, the dish transport robot was also a part timer, and had seen one field trip too many. Thus, he decided to quit as well. But his decision brought about things like hot springs cat fights. And I am never opposed to those.

Ohana almost made a scene this week, but thankfully she was restrained. There's a time for impassioned speeches, but it doesn't look like it would've gotten through to those girls anyhow. Yuina also demonstrates knowledge from a past Tomatsu role and doesn't go to karaoke. That's a "What if" nobody wants to know the "if" of.

These past two episodes have been light hearted, fun, just the kind of thing I can enjoy. I have no clue what next week holds, though. A preview full of laughter should be a good thing, but when that laughter has an echo effect added to it....
Old 2011-07-10, 10:18   Link #3
Peanutbutter

I felt I was trolled by the preview for this episode.

Oh well, all's well ends well.

And the preview for ep 16 creeps me out for some reason.
Old 2011-07-10, 10:34   Link #4
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter003 View Post
I felt I was trolled by the preview for this episode.
Trolling in the preview is the only consistent thing about this show
Old 2011-07-10, 11:09   Link #5
revive4563

Quote:
the preview of Hanairo is troll as always.
Spoiler for episode 15:
Old 2011-07-10, 11:09   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I really loved this two parter. The Yuina exposition we've been waiting for so long did not disappoint one bit. I have to confess I started to grow a bit annoyed by her attitude even if it was understandable (customers shouldn't have to work), but she more than made up for it in the second half of the episode (where's Shiroth? He needs to comment on that delicious feetservice!). It turns she really was a spoiled princess that knew nothing about work and dismissed working at an inn because it looked hard work. It indeed is, but she realized hard work can be very rewarding and working at an inn has its good sides.

Ohana was a riot in this episode. As I said like week, the Ohana I love is finally back! So many great moments:
  • Ruining that girl's new and probably expensive shoe after calling those bitches out
  • Telling Minchi and Nako to buy something perverted for Jiromaru (she was right, he probably would have liked that kind of gift better
  • "I feel like a dog who would love to be fed. Ah, no, I started drooling". She's been trained so well!
  • Yosuke: "how are people are Kissuiso managed?"
    Ohana: "With a slap to the face ! An okami slap!"
  • The shower tactic! That's pretty smart. Ohana was already so responsible when she was a kid. Man, I wonder how Satsuki gets by without her...

That was tremendous fun. It seems like the series is taking exactly the direction I wanted to take: more light-hearted and heartwarming atmosphere and more focus on the supporting characters. Uncle's turn next week (when will it be Nako's turn? I'm dying over here ;_; ). He's not a character I like much, but I'm looking forward to learning more about him and hope I will like her more by the end of the mini-arc.
Old 2011-07-10, 11:14   Link #7
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What's with Ohana and older guys that are kinda spoken for? Is she going to seduce her uncle next?
Old 2011-07-10, 11:39   Link #8
deadite

It seems they changes the original plot for Episode 16. It was supposed to be a two parter about Minko and her parents but they have seem to have changed it to something regarding a union.
Old 2011-07-10, 12:24   Link #9
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Spoiler for episode 15:
Old 2011-07-10, 12:51   Link #10
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What's with Ohana and older guys that are kinda spoken for? Is she going to seduce her uncle next?
Women are drawn towards powerful men. And apparently it works the same in reverse. Ohana's power level is overwhelming and absolute. All men are drawn to it. As others have mentioned. Ohana isn't really any less impulsive than she was before. But she seems to be directing those impulsive better (note her coming up with the shower tactic to buy more time in preparing dinner). She grows stronger with every passing episode and soon all shall succumb to the might shonen shoujou waitress!

Imma give this episode 10/10. We got more fantastic work scenes even though they were all in the middle of a vacation. I was totally feeling this was gonna happen last episode. Especially the scene with Ohana and Nako feeling compelled to straighten out the shoes of the part timers.

Yuina and her fiancee's interactions were incredibly refreshing. It was nice to see that it wasn't just Yuina that was upfront in communicating to the other about their thoughts on their lives. It was a bit biting for both of them, but ultimately they're now closer and in a stronger relationship than they were before when their relationship was purely based on sentimentality.

I guess it was kinda necessary to jar Yuina out of her shell. She's rather extroverted, so seeing the people she's close to away from her doing something that intimidated her gave her pause. (And what the heck were those random guys hitting on her?)

Also. It seems that Sui's infamy reputation precedes her. It became clear to the manager at this inn that Ohana has inherited many of her Grandmothers traits. It's also interesting to contrast Ohana's perception of Grandma's epic slap down as being a positive character building event for her, while also considering that Yuina's fiancee's managerial style was worse, even though it wasn't as severe.

And next episode? Enishi has a psychological breakdown as he's sexually harassed by manly looking bearded men, while having bizarre recollections about his sister when they were both children. What the fuck is going on? I have no clue. But Freud would have a field day with it.
Old 2011-07-10, 13:40   Link #11
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Also. It seems that Sui's infamy reputation precedes her. It became clear to the manager at this inn that Ohana has inherited many of her Grandmothers traits.
I'm waiting for her to inherit the Slap.

Quote:
It's also interesting to contrast Ohana's perception of Grandma's epic slap down as being a positive character building event for her, while also considering that Yuina's fiancee's managerial style was worse, even though it wasn't as severe.
Yes, I wonder why? Two big differences that I can see:
- the grandmother doesn't have fun while on the job. (Or ever, as far as Ohana's concerned...) As Moshidora taught us, integrity's important.
- she's picked employees she can push harder. Except maybe Tomoe and Beanman (and she doesn't need to be hard on them), everyone's too whipped to stand up to her. I mean, Minko knows she probably won't find a job as a cook helper at another inn, Nako's naturally whipped, and Ohana had nowhere to go. Enishi's her son, whom she's trained since birth to accept mistreatment from women. Jirou's deeply in debt to the inn.
Old 2011-07-10, 14:02   Link #12
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Yes finally more air time for Yuina. Tsudere Yuina is so kawaii desu. twin drills ftw.
Old 2011-07-10, 14:04   Link #13
HandofFate

Yosuke: "how are people are Kissuiso managed?"
Ohana: "With a slap to the face ! An okami slap!"

was a great line, and laughed when it got bought up again later when they were all taking a bath.

Maybe Koichi should slap Ohana around a bit, and she finally warm up better to him...

I felt Ohana was butting into other people's business, but the whole "she understands how hard it is to run an inn" thing is understandable.

Best part is seeing some development in Yuina's character instead of the bubble-head she is.
Old 2011-07-10, 15:31   Link #14
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm waiting for her to inherit the Slap.
How do you think she set Jiro straight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Maybe Koichi should slap Ohana around a bit, and she finally warm up better to him...

...In all honesty man? That comes off as incredibly creepy.
Old 2011-07-10, 15:42   Link #15
Grey

Quote:

...In all honesty man? That comes off as incredibly creepy.
No way. It's logic. Logic!
Old 2011-07-10, 16:01   Link #16
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

He's not a man if he slaps a girl. It's common sense.
Old 2011-07-10, 16:07   Link #17
ReddyRedWolf

I have to give it to Ohana. Without meaning to she becomes the Rival, an obstacle to love to be overcome.
Old 2011-07-10, 16:07   Link #18
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
No way. It's logic. Logic!
Ignoring the obvious connotations of *slapping someone around* because of them not reciprocating your attraction towards them...
Old 2011-07-10, 16:19   Link #19
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Very good episode, once again - what makes me think we'll have some shippers of Ohana and the head clerk of that inn because of that one little bath scene

Fully expected Ohana to help out at the inn despite being turned away - like myself, she is very stubborn when her mind is set on something

I honestly don't understand those fruity classmates of Yuina's who idolise her like a princess. Then again, this takes place in Japan - truth is stranger than fiction, as they say, so if it happens in this, it could quite possibly happen in real life (and on a weirder scale).

And quite frankly, I don't see the appeal of her. She is someone who won't lift a finger to help others (though thankfully, that seems to be changing - seems like Yuina didn't want to lose to Ohana at first! Now, it seems she's gotten used to how 'hard' working is, thus she's willing to give it more of a go). Also, personally, I prefer Ohana and Minko (in that order ).

Anyway, for this episode, 10/10 - light hearted humour with a very serious character-building undertone (what with the head clerk and Yuina realising that some of the facets of their working life are flawed and they should reconsider those things) that worked very well. Didn't quite have the same emotional impact as some of the pervious episodes - though given the nature of the last two episodes, that's to be expected

Top-drawer anime so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarless Ocean View Post
He's not a man if he slaps a girl. It's common sense.
Truth. No man slaps a girl - especially if they love that girl and intend to date her.
Old 2011-07-10, 16:24   Link #20
Grey

Quote:
Ignoring the obvious connotations of *slapping someone around* because of them not reciprocating your attraction towards them...
No no, that's not logical at all. Obviously Kou has to slap her for dropping a futon on a customer at Kissuiso. Then she'll warm up to him.

Also, he might have to become her grandmother. But one step at a time.
Closed Thread