Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-03-29, 10:17   Link #2181
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I guess Kagamikku counts as well.

Also I was just about to preorder the new Chougokin Miku, but damn I had to hold back a little and consider the price. I'll most likely end up ordering though, I'll search around for cheaper prices.

Miku is different from anime characters, she is a singer, an idol, even though she's a computer program. Her popularity doesn't come from anime, but from her songs, you can say there's more art of all mediums from her than most anime characters have.

There's certainly alot of official art, especially after Project Diva, which is very popular. She has since appeared in concerts with her new official 3D body and is going to get a new game soon.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 11:00   Link #2182
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Miku is different from anime characters, she is a singer, an idol, even though she's a computer program. Her popularity doesn't come from anime, but from her songs, you can say there's more art of all mediums from her than most anime characters have.
Still, anime characters have a backstory and personality that Miku obviously lacks. She's not a singer either since she doesn't have a certain style, that comes from the creators of her songs. It's not exactly a bad thing that she only has a face/look which is popular, but (for me) she sure cannot be compared to my favourite anime characters

BRS is the same. It may look badass but it's the upcoming anime that will decide whether she will be a memorable character or not
Old 2010-03-29, 11:17   Link #2183
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
Still, anime characters have a backstory and personality that Miku obviously lacks. She's not a singer either since she doesn't have a certain style, that comes from the creators of her songs. It's not exactly a bad thing that she only has a face/look which is popular, but (for me) she sure cannot be compared to my favourite anime characters
Weird that you're still arguing against her as an anime character, which she isn't and I was pointing that out.

While she is not an anime character, she is a virtual character that's existing in a more realistic context than anime characters.

She was 'born' as a 16 year old Japanese girl who loves to sing. And with the help from her fans, her dream is fufiled, this is her backstory. And as she has become the 'Virtual Diva' she is now, Crypton and Sega has developed her character even more, giving her a greater character in her game and presenting her in a fixed personality in concerts. She came to Singapore once and I personally attended that concert, I have the game myself.

Now that she is celebrating her 2nd 'birthday', Crypton has developed a more mature version of her, updating her voice, making it more realistic and fuller. She is a 'real' virtual idol that actually grows and develops, simultaneously by her fans and by her creators.

The last time I heard, a singer is not defined by style, a singer is just someone who sings and Miku has a perfect pitch and can even perform vocal ranges impossible for humans. If anything, Miku does sell by her cute image and voice, you can call that her style. But as real music producers say, she is the most versatile singer ever, because she can literally sing, dance and be dressed in any way possible.

Old 2010-03-29, 11:47   Link #2184
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Weird that you're still arguing against her as an anime character, which she isn't and I was pointing that out.

While she is not an anime character, she is a virtual character that's existing in a more realistic context than anime characters.
I was just pointing out why can she be considered inferior to anime characters

True that she may have a more realistic...background, yet her personality is not defined by anything, thus the figure-makers must be having a hard time figuring out which image of her would sell best. That's why they are still sticking to the original design

IMHO
Old 2010-03-29, 12:03   Link #2185
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, you can't compare two characters from separate mediums and tell how they are inferior. Its like comparing a movie star to a singer and then say one of them is inferior. Maybe a better analogy would be comparing a tennis player to a badminton player, even if they win each other in their games, they don't prove anything.

Well she has the World is Mine and the VN02 Mix figures, both really beautiful.

The figure makers could go crazy and release as many costumes as possible like Evangelion though, at many times, Rei and Asuka weren't even wearing their best.

Old 2010-03-29, 13:39   Link #2186
Revan21

In this thread you can since we're talking about the same type of anime figures For example, when I see a figure of Miku and of another well-known and beloved anime-character, there's no question in my mind which one should I get (first)
Sure, I like Miku as well (for her appearance) but she's just an empty shell to me

VN02...beautiful? Well...

I don't think the Mikus are selling as well as the NGE figures used to though
Old 2010-03-29, 21:10   Link #2187
Mog

Spoiler for My Figurines:

RIP Lacus...Drunken dad trashed my poor Lacus!

My most prize AMG collection even though it is only 2 items. I am still looking for the LE cold cast Belldandy Wind Statue.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 10:38   Link #2188
paw24
Banned

im interested with some of the figurines how can i get that if im here at the philippines??? can you guys ship it out to the philippines ???
paw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 14:28   Link #2189
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
RIP Lacus...Drunken dad trashed my poor Lacus!

My most prize AMG collection even though it is only 2 items. I am still looking for the LE cold cast Belldandy Wind Statue.
I am SO jealous of that Belldandy figure. Sorry to hear about poor Lacus.

Quote:
im interested with some of the figurines how can i get that if im here at the philippines??? can you guys ship it out to the philippines ???
Can't you order through HLJ or AmiAmi?
Old 2010-04-03, 23:21   Link #2190
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Something I saw from AmiAmi and Hot Toys.

Spoiler:

300 King Leonidas 1/6 scale figure

Hot Toys 300 King Leonidas 1/6 scale figure Hot Toys 300 King Leonidas 1/6 scale figure This 1/6th scale Spartan Warrior collectible stands approximately 30 cm tall, featuring Hot Toys newly sculpted and developed muscled body** with over 26 points of articulation. Dressed with a real fabric cape with harness, faux-leather belt, vam braces and greaves, and this stunning piece also comes with the following accessories and weapons: Helmet features a real-like horsehair crest** Real-like wolfs tooth necklace.

Price: $149.99

http://www.urban-collector.com/hot-t...-leonidas.html
Old 2010-04-05, 13:51   Link #2191
Nataliya

Send a message via ICQ to Nataliya
Did some lovely photo-session of my Rei and Asuka 1/6 Evangelion figures by Kotobukiya.
I apologize before the true fans of Evangelion, because the pics are kind of indecent.

Spoiler for Photos:

Nataliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 22:38   Link #2192
Kentleton

Send a message via AIM to Kentleton Send a message via MSN to Kentleton
Heres my collection:

Taiga Aisaka:

K-ON!

Hatsune Miku:
Kentleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 18:38   Link #2193
Starburst
Horo♥

Anyone see Canaan over at Hobby Search?
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10097052a7/20/7

I don't feel like I'm getting what I pre-ordered if that's what she's going to look like. She looks like a bootleg of herself... Hopefully the one I receive will look better.
Old 2010-04-11, 00:04   Link #2194
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starburst View Post
Anyone see Canaan over at Hobby Search?
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10097052a7/20/7

I don't feel like I'm getting what I pre-ordered if that's what she's going to look like. She looks like a bootleg of herself... Hopefully the one I receive will look better.
Ugh... you're right, she looks much more finely finished in this image. I pre-ordered her, as well.
Old 2010-04-11, 00:40   Link #2195
dfens

Usually the pre-order images are of the prototype and the actual mass produced version their is some difference.

The original pics looked amazing and I almost bought one but all the fine paint work and details look not to be on the final product.

If you're concerned try to hold off on the pre-order as long as possible until you see actual pics and if you are still not satisfied just cancel it.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 01:12   Link #2196
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en...msuit+ver.html

Shit... I might have to get this and put it next to my other Max Factory Kureha figure.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 04:01   Link #2197
Starburst
Horo♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Ugh... you're right, she looks much more finely finished in this image. I pre-ordered her, as well.
Mine's paid for and shipping. I hope she doesn't end up looking too poorly, as she looked to be a great prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
Usually the pre-order images are of the prototype and the actual mass produced version their is some difference.

The original pics looked amazing and I almost bought one but all the fine paint work and details look not to be on the final product.

If you're concerned try to hold off on the pre-order as long as possible until you see actual pics and if you are still not satisfied just cancel it.
While there's always difference, they don't usually end up looking like bootlegs of themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en...msuit+ver.html

Shit... I might have to get this and put it next to my other Max Factory Kureha figure.
Pre-ordered that the day she was released. Did you see the Seena Kanon one? She looks great as well.

I'm still trying to get a hold of a dressed Max Factory Kureha, but she's expensive.
Old 2010-04-11, 04:26   Link #2198
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Pre-ordered that the day she was released. Did you see the Seena Kanon one? She looks great as well.
Where did you pre-order it from?

Quote:
I'm still trying to get a hold of a dressed Max Factory Kureha, but she's expensive.
Yeah mine was expensive but it was the cheapest of the ones on eBay when I bit the bullet. $160 USD from memory but it's one of those figures that I can just look at for ages and find something new.

Old 2010-04-11, 05:24   Link #2199
Starburst
Horo♥

I pre-ordered from Amiami.

I tend to try and find figures for <$100 CAD. I don't like paying more than that for a figure generally.
Old 2010-04-11, 05:27   Link #2200
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

AmiAmi?

Alright, I'll look into after I check my bank account at the end of the week. I just spent ~ $5,500 on a hunting rifle so figures might have to wait a couple of weeks D=