Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-09-10, 08:58   Link #1361
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
that's a rather misleading link title you have there
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 09:00   Link #1362
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
I'll say. Talk about getting my hopes up.
Old 2009-09-13, 12:14   Link #1363
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'll say. Talk about getting my hopes up.
Well at least we know that an HD version exists. But yeah, link was misleading.

Theaters trying to squeeze every ounce of profit out they can resorting to using a PS3 plus digital projector now.
Old 2009-09-13, 19:00   Link #1364
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

As the article itself said, what player they use is completely irrelevant. It's all about the projector after all.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 19:50   Link #1365
orion

If that was the case, then the theater wouldn't use a PS3. I bet the PS3 was cheaper. (If you do content server----> PS3 instead of content server-----> proprietary player.) I can't find prices online for the proprietary players though.

Last edited by orion; 2009-09-13 at 20:19.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 12:52   Link #1366
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well at least we know that an HD version exists.
it is a cinematic movie, the fact that a HD version exists was kinda self-evident
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-19, 17:44   Link #1367
orion

Quote:
it is a cinematic movie, the fact that a HD version exists was kinda self-evident
Not if you looked at what finally got released. Theaters can also play DVDs and dvcam.
Old 2009-09-21, 00:55   Link #1368
WuWei

Kara no Kyokai

I'm a big fan of this anime movie series ever since i first laid eyes on the first film.

I've been told its somehow connected to Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night, although i'm unsure if it occurs in the main timeline or alternate timeline, or alternate universe given the overlap with Tsukihime.

I was hoping someone here could untangle a few question i had on the 5th movie, Paradox Spiral, which i felt was rather inventive although downright confusing at times.

1.) The Strange case of Tomoe Enjo?

If i understand this correctly, the Tomoe the viewer has been following is a construct created by the Tendai Buddhist monk who happens to be the main villain. Araya stated that Tomoe was programmed to go find Shiki and essentially lure her into the apartments.

But Toko contradicts this statement at the end, saying that Araya had not expected his construct to leave, and that it was the Counterforce working against him.

Err, who is right?

2.) What exactly is the Counterforce?

3.) Will the real Toko please stand up?

Toko dies. Or her puppet dies. Or something dies. And then 2nd Toko appears.

Is 1st Toko, the one the viewer has been watching, the real Toko? Or is it a puppet?

Did Toko die but make a puppet so perfect that it may as well be irrelevant?

Or have we been looking at a Puppet of Toko since the beginning of the Kara no Kyokai series?!
WuWei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 02:25   Link #1369
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

FYI: there's already an ongoing thread here
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 06:50   Link #1370
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I was hoping someone here could untangle a few question i had on the 5th movie, Paradox Spiral, which i felt was rather inventive although downright confusing at times.

1.) The Strange case of Tomoe Enjo?

If i understand this correctly, the Tomoe the viewer has been following is a construct created by the Tendai Buddhist monk who happens to be the main villain. Araya stated that Tomoe was programmed to go find Shiki and essentially lure her into the apartments.

But Toko contradicts this statement at the end, saying that Araya had not expected his construct to leave, and that it was the Counterforce working against him.

Err, who is right?

2.) What exactly is the Counterforce?

Is 1st Toko, the one the viewer has been watching, the real Toko? Or is it a puppet?

Or have we been looking at a Puppet of Toko since the beginning of the Kara no Kyokai series?!
1.)Tomoe was programmed to lure Shiki to the apartments but what Araya didn't expected was that Tomoe fell in love with Shiki due to the influence of the Counter Force. His love for her may have help Shiki awaken from her slumber & bringing her magical Katana that would help her fight in equal footing against Araya.

2.)Here's an explanation from the Type-Moon wiki about the Counter Force
Quote:
From Type-Moon Wiki
The Counter Force (抑止力, yokushiryoku) is the balance of powers that aims to maintain and prolongate the present world, a safety device with no consciousness.

The Counter Force starts acting up only when a situation is already happening; the instant a factor that can destroy the world has started moving, the Counter Force come into play to annihilate that factor.

The Counter Force itself is a swirl with no shape or body that will adjust its structure in order to definitely exceed the target and erase it. Usually, the Counter Force will boost up an "ordinary person" to remove the factor of destruction, and thus, create a hero. A human who has become a hero thanks to the Counter Force will be added into Alaya after death.

As it has no consciousness, it can't be witnessed and people don't notice it consciously.
3.) That is an answer we will never know & up to you to decide. Toko has stated she made a puppet of herself that was so perfect, it was impossible to tell the real & the fake. So the one who die fighting Araya could either be the Real Toko or the Fake but we just don't know which one.
Old 2009-09-23, 00:19   Link #1371
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post

The short answer: They're both the real Touko.

Now for the long answer. From what I can remember reading somewhere else, it's the same Touku. Basiaclly, what happened after Alba killed her is that her consciousness transferred into her next vessel. Or to put it in another way, the consciousness of Touku=real Touku. Therefore, both of them are the real Touku, and there's only one real Touku. If I find the info in question, I'll post it, because it does a much better job at explaining than I do.

On a different related topic:
This may have been posted already and old news, but Ryougi Shiki won the Type Moon Character Poll 2009. Yay

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 19:54   Link #1372
kes

We now know the release date for the last & the longest chapter, ~119 min which is longer than chapter 5 (~112 min).

Looking forward to it.
kes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-24, 23:55   Link #1373
ZODDGUTS

Anyone know if the final movie contains both recalled out summer + epilogue? It is two hour movie so...
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 00:24   Link #1374
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Anyone know if the final movie contains both recalled out summer + epilogue? It is two hour movie so...
If I recall correctly, both are not in the final film, but there was an announcement from the studio that they will "film them properly when the time is right". Could be wrong though, it's been some time I came upon that info

@"the TM newbie": Both Soren and Touko were correct, Tomoe was programmed to lure Shiki, but didn't work out as he expected due to the counter-force. The Counter-Force is simply reality's (mankind's collective conscience) that resists mages' alterations (very simply put). Finally, there is no real Touko Since she begun using puppets, there is no original, her existence and consciousness is contained within her creations
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 05:37   Link #1375
klare

i remember reading somewhere that after the 7 chapters, will be followed by 4 more chapters but not sure will be made into anime or not
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 06:02   Link #1376
andy

I take as much KnK as they can make. I just wish they bring out on blu ray already. But for that version i expect them to add few things maybe , so get a lot more people to double dip.
andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 11:32   Link #1377
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for 5 pictures with the same pose by Shiki:

Spoiler for A Day at the beach with the cast of Type-Moon:

Spoiler for My favorite pic:
Old 2009-10-07, 04:14   Link #1378
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Quote:
Kara no Kyoukai ("Boundary of Emptiness") follows Mikiya as a series of strange, violent deaths begin occurring in his town.
I just had to lawl right there a bit.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-31, 19:20   Link #1379
FJ-Kowz

New KnK 7 commercial

http://www.karanokyoukai.com/movie/dvd7cm.html

I want the full version of that song.
FJ-Kowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-12, 21:12   Link #1380
FJ-Kowz

New trailer:

http://www.karanokyoukai.com/movie/7_pv.html