AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-03-16, 17:26   Link #2301
Random14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Because the Shippuden dub was supposed to air on Disney Xd and they pretty much never did it which was an extreme annoyance since it was in it's early days. I still believe if this aired on CN it would've happened by now.
Well, it doesn't help that much of Shippuden would have never made it past the censors. Something like Naruto never should have aired on Disney anyway, but I think Toonami was off the air or in decline back then and Disney XD wanted something high-profile to attract people.

I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure XY didn't have this kind of delay back then. By the end, the XYZ dub was only a month or two behind the original Japanese, a big improvement from the old, old days. Yeah, these days we've got quite a few other series that simulcast sub with dubs a week later, but sadly that will never be the case with Pokemon (they won't even release the Japanese voices officially).

I do wonder what the holdup with XD is, but its probably just Disney being Disney. I don't even care if they don't bother with translating the puns, even in-show everyone thinks Samson Oak is annoying anyway. Just hope they're not going to go through the whole XY dub first then start with a Sun/Moon marathon, that'd be stupid.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-16, 20:21   Link #2302
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Because the Shippuden dub was supposed to air on Disney Xd and they pretty much never did it which was an extreme annoyance since it was in it's early days. I still believe if this aired on CN it would've happened by now.
Actually, it did air for a while... it didn't work out. Pretty sure they gave up because of the heavy editing done to the series, for example: blood was erased so everyone was now "unconscious" instead of being dead, it was hilarious.

As for Pokémon, it is always ahead of the english dub by at least 40 episodes, so wait until the series reaches that number of episodes in japan until the dub releases.
Old 2017-03-23, 16:40   Link #2303
elior

ok after watching episode 19 i can say with confident that the battles against tapu koko are my feivorites in sun and moon so far even if it was only 2 battles
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 18:09   Link #2304
grecefar

well finally catch up with this, I have to say that the chapter 21 was pretty good, really emotional with stoutland passing away and litten finally joining ash ranks, the only think I wonder is what happened with stoutland?, I'm wondering that his body is in the mansion leaving litten to pass his last moments there alone but littlen should have searched there first, I always thought that if a pokemon die is like any normal animal, his body remains but doesn't seem this case, maybe when a pokemon pass his body return to the earth, or just disappear?, I wonder, I don't recall any pokemon dead in the series, anyone remenber?
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 04:44   Link #2305
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
well finally catch up with this, I have to say that the chapter 21 was pretty good, really emotional with stoutland passing away and litten finally joining ash ranks, the only think I wonder is what happened with stoutland?, I'm wondering that his body is in the mansion leaving litten to pass his last moments there alone but littlen should have searched there first, I always thought that if a pokemon die is like any normal animal, his body remains but doesn't seem this case, maybe when a pokemon pass his body return to the earth, or just disappear?, I wonder, I don't recall any pokemon dead in the series, anyone remenber?
i also dont recall any pokemon dead in the series
Old 2017-04-12, 05:12   Link #2306
ImperialFlameGod8190

Guys keep in mind that Meowth died just a few episodes ago (sure he came back) but he did die

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 07:01   Link #2307
elior

Quote:
Guys keep in mind that Meowth died just a few episodes ago (sure he came back) but he did die
well the title of episode 25 suprising i didnt expected somthing like this to happen so early. i mean most of the season it only happen much later
Old 2017-04-12, 19:30   Link #2308
grecefar

maybe this season is shorter than the previous ones?
Old 2017-04-12, 21:35   Link #2309
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
maybe this season is shorter than the previous ones?
I highly doubt that. At least to it's credit you've added Team Skull soon but this series is moving painfully slow

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2017-04-13, 04:27   Link #2310
elior

Quote:
I highly doubt that. At least to it's credit you've added Team Skull soon but this series is moving painfully slow
but almost all of the previous seasons team rocket fight the region evil team much more later and not so early
Old 2017-04-13, 05:17   Link #2311
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
but almost all of the previous seasons team rocket fight the region evil team much more later and not so early
Team Skull ain't the "evil team" .

Old 2017-04-13, 20:48   Link #2312
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elior View Post
Have you forgotten how pathetic Team Skull is? The grunts are so bad, their big sister-like figure - who actually cares about her lackies, unlike usual admins - calls them "idiots." Chances are the episode is going to be a contest to see who is dumber, Rocket or Skull.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-14, 20:50   Link #2313
Chosen_Hero

^Team Skull in the games is a lot more nuanced than you might think. Go back and actually read the things they say and you'll understand them, there is a reason many like them a lot. In the anime though... they're bikers.
Old 2017-04-15, 11:40   Link #2314
grecefar

I didn't bother with the last chapter... just saw the new trailer of the movie, not misty, not brock... and it seems all the movie is his travel from pallet to vidrian.

I'll see it because the shinning colors.
Old 2017-04-16, 05:02   Link #2315
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^Team Skull in the games is a lot more nuanced than you might think. Go back and actually read the things they say and you'll understand them, there is a reason many like them a lot. In the anime though... they're bikers.
Team Skull is a bunch of rebellious teenagers who failed the Island Trials and are basically lashing out against a world that won't take them seriously. How exactly has the anime been misrepresenting them so far? I mean, you can certainly make a case for the Trial Captains being misrepresented, and Lillie basically only has her general mannerisms in common with her game counterpart, but Team Skull is perfectly on point so far.

And yeah, no way the anime would resolve the "evil team" plot this early. Even putting aside the fact that Team Skull aren't the villains of Sun and Moon, we haven't even been introduced to the higher-ups yet. So far we've only seen a couple of grunts trying to be villainous and failing horribly at it. Which, again, is perfectly true to the game.
Old 2017-04-16, 08:25   Link #2316
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Team Skull is by far the best "evil" team we've had yet. And I'd definitely still count Team Skull as part of the evil team... ... ...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 09:07   Link #2317
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

@Imperial The dub now exists through episode 6 so knock yourself out.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-19, 10:52   Link #2318
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
@Imperial The dub now exists through episode 6 so knock yourself out.
i watched a few of the episodes. The rotomdex voice annoys me and i can live with the motto. But yea i'm gonna deal with that.

Old 2017-04-23, 00:26   Link #2319
elior

Quote:
i watched a few of the episodes. The rotomdex voice annoys me and i can live with the motto. But yea i'm gonna deal with that.
if episode 26 title going to be true and not misleading then i will be happy they will get rid of this character. i never liked him
Old 2017-04-23, 12:15   Link #2320
grecefar

umm after watching the last chapter, I like diglet sound in dub rather than this one, never hear one in japanese.