AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-15, 11:33   Link #9961
Dream_Traveller
Banned

@Chaos: Please, understand, I am just saying my only worry is about their power in total and nothing more. They are your designs, and I respect that, but I am only voicing my opinion on this- I mean no ill towards you, of course.
Old 2007-09-15, 11:39   Link #9962
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
@Chaos: Please, understand, I am just saying my only worry is about their power in total and nothing more. They are your designs, and I respect that, but I am only voicing my opinion on this- I mean no ill, of course.
Of course of course...

If it's about power in total, then I'll honestly tell you that if ALL of them assembled in a single world, other than their headquarters, then the days are numbered for the people of that planet.

Because one way or other, through their direct powers or by manipulation, that world is going to die.

To avoid this from happening too regularly, they have a rule of only 1 team max per world.
Old 2007-09-15, 11:41   Link #9963
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I have no problem removing the first one. However, no matter what, I'm still keeping the 'healthbar' style of playing, it's what makes them unique in the first place.
That would work for me. The healthbar thing is not that H4XX on its own, merely powerfull, but it was in combination with the revival that it made me go

Quote:
And I can't stress how many times I have been saying that an 'average' Destroyer has the capability to only control 3-4 of them, 5 is pushing it
And how would Jeno & co. rank as Destroyers? Since it's them we might be interacting with, it's also with them that we lay the lines.

Quote:
I wouldn't know unless being told because I have no idea what the other OCs are capable of themselves, So I'm setting the bar rather high and wait for complains to come in.

Apparently, I thought there were none.
I don't know about the others, but I was simply keeping quiet because I figured it was rather obvious, and that it would be edited out in due time.

Maybe Nighty was right, I should get a little more active in anti-H4XX patrolls.
Old 2007-09-15, 11:41   Link #9964
Dream_Traveller
Banned

But, when they're in groups of, say...1 or 2, three at the most, the situation is drastically different, yes? I mean, from their ranks, the Aces could take one or two of them on their own until the "big guns", so to speak, are used, methinks.
Old 2007-09-15, 11:42   Link #9965
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
@ Flamespark
Utter win Although Yui's really short.... any shorter and she might be mistaken for a loli.... meaning instant membership to Erio's group of friends harem....
Yeah, made a little mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
They're the same in this respect.

Imagine a mage so l33t that he/she can freeze and freely manipulate the liquid inside your body both water and blood.
Oh...forgot that minor detail

That's a bit too leet, to be able to do such a thing, one would have to be like XXX+ (not really...)
Because there's the barrier jacket on the mage/knight, protecting them from sudden temperature changes and other things.
Old 2007-09-15, 11:43   Link #9966
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
They're the same in this respect.

Imagine a mage so l33t that he/she can freeze and freely manipulate the liquid inside your body both water and blood.

That is all. No haxx of this level please.
Quote:
@Liingo: Well, out of the developed characters I have, there is V...and, though undeveloped, Wyatt and Kilroy, perhaps. If you do use V, I'll allow you to tone down his, well...psycho side, so to speak. Plus, Wyatt and Kilroy were only mercenaries.

But, if you want to use them, you can.
Just a quick question. When do they first meet up with RF6. While I'm willing to bring in other characters to help out, I'm not about to create time paradoxes by intoducing characters before their offical introduction. This is set just before the forwards get qualified to use device mode 2. (Just before episode 10.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Well, to be really nitty-picky, it's Kha, Sophia, Artei, Kaempfer and Allison who are attached. While most of the 21ste Dreikeiten is willing to sit out the invitation, I brought this up so Artei can have some glory for once. As a stealth rogue type, he's the perfect urban warrior. However, he got shafted during Dance of Demons, and his premiere in Point of Light OR AltS OR CrosyS hasn't happened in writing so...

But since Hayate is useless, then Allie too. All she can do on the ground is raid heals and basic dagger fighting.
Hmm, it may be possible to bring them in... except for Kaempfer.... See point above with DT. No time paradoxes allowed on my watch.

ALthough If I do use them I expect some more details on abilities and such.... Unless of course you just want them to be mentioned in passing.
Old 2007-09-15, 11:49   Link #9967
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, in episode terms...I planned to bring V in in proper, after he made his little entrance to the TSAB, around episode 7. Therefore, his first appearance would probably be in between episode 3 and 4, or 4 and 5. I hope this doesn't conflict with anything.
Old 2007-09-15, 11:51   Link #9968
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
But, when they're in groups of, say...1 or 2, three at the most, the situation is drastically different, yes? I mean, from their ranks, the Aces could take one or two of them on their own until the "big guns", so to speak, are used, methinks.
Well, that is to be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
That would work for me. The healthbar thing is not that H4XX on its own, merely powerfull, but it was in combination with the revival that it made me go
Fair enough .

Quote:
And how would Jeno & co. rank as Destroyers? Since it's them we might be interacting with, it's also with them that we lay the lines.
Cero and Lance are considered 'good' Destroyers, they are more or less the 'standard' of what is to be expected of them.

Jeno is ranked slightly higher because unlike the others, he is a 'General' Meaning that his Stain is highly evolved (thanks to Spica ) and that he could in theory use all of the 10 spells. However, he is still limited by his physical and mental potential which is not on pair with a Vampire Lord and a Lightning Deity.

He is considered one of the weakest General, roughly the same level as another General, Kin, which I have mentioned some time ago. This is because the two of them were originally humans, unlike the other 3 stronger Generals.

Quote:
I don't know about the others, but I was simply keeping quiet because I figured it was rather obvious, and that it would be edited out in due time.

Maybe Nighty was right, I should get a little more active in anti-H4XX patrolls.
If that's the case, then I'm thankful I haven't reveal the abilities of Yuuno's adopted little brother, and what happens when he unison with Sipher
Old 2007-09-15, 13:37   Link #9969
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

"...Let the bodies hit the floor. (Part III) "

Summary: Continuing from the previous one several days ago... A brief look into one of the three Destroyers' combat style. As usual, more... Fitting background music to entertain the viewers, gruesome alien deaths, and finally more average-level English use to project those images for you.

Here is the dark prince himself and his solo performance !!

Background information first

Spoiler for Neo-Valmar Style:

Song title:

"Forgotten"

P.S - I changed the name of the spell slightly...

Spoiler for "Somebody called for an Exterminator?":

P.S - It's 2:30 am here, so I sort of went super fast near the end
Old 2007-09-15, 13:43   Link #9970
AImost Pure
Cat Boy Mage Squad

Send a message via AIM to AImost Pure
I know, I know, my absence of updates for the story has had everyone on pins and needles. I'm sorry but for some reason I hit a rough spot on certain character ideas and I'm not quite sure I still got them how I want them, but here's another piece of Minea's diaries!

Spoiler for Minea's Diaries:
Old 2007-09-15, 14:55   Link #9971
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AImost Pure View Post
I know, I know, my absence of updates for the story has had everyone on pins and needles. I'm sorry but for some reason I hit a rough spot on certain character ideas and I'm not quite sure I still got them how I want them, but here's another piece of Minea's diaries!

Spoiler for Minea's Diaries:
wow, another nice piece of work...
Those five sound really dangerous
Old 2007-09-15, 15:19   Link #9972
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

Summary: Continuing from the previous one several days ago... A brief look into one of the three Destroyers' combat style. As usual, more... Fitting background music to entertain the viewers, gruesome alien deaths, and finally more average-level English use to project those images for you.

Song title:

"Forgotten"

Ah, so that's how the multiple personallity thing works with Cero. Zerglings certainly are an excellent way of showing off skills.
Old 2007-09-15, 16:17   Link #9973
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Oh I'm curious, I just went through Erio's OCs fanfic styled bios. Question, you took some of the names from the game Odin Sphere?

Edit: Ok Oswald definitely seems to be modeled after Oswald from Odin Sphere. ^^' Off topic: I love that game, now if only the frame rate for the graphics doesn't slow down in certain fights. ~_~
Old 2007-09-15, 16:20   Link #9974
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:

Song title:

"Forgotten"

An interesting piece there. More of Cero, I see. And, yes, Zerglings make good practice, it seems.

With more thanks to SparkZ, it is to you that I present the third of the drawn Letters- F!

Spoiler for Secret Agent Man...:

He isn't colored in, so to speak, due to his IS, Invisible Frame, which, as it suggests, allows him to conceal himself. Also, hence my unfunny spoiler title.

Once again, many thanks to you, SparkZ.
Old 2007-09-15, 16:30   Link #9975
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
An interesting piece there. More of Cero, I see. And, yes, Zerglings make good practice, it seems.

With more thanks to SparkZ, it is to you that I present the third of the drawn Letters- F!

Spoiler for Secret Agent Man...:

He isn't colored in, so to speak, due to his IS, Invisible Frame, which, as it suggests, allows him to conceal himself. Also, hence my unfunny spoiler title.

Once again, many thanks to you, SparkZ.
The first thing that came to my mind was 'he looks way better then bond'.
Old 2007-09-15, 17:33   Link #9976
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
An old childhood "flame"? This is gonna be awesome

Can you believe that the Rocker Arthas in the ending credits was initially my inspiration for Rhythm Edge and Lyrical Magic in general?
@ Keroko as well

- Hehe he's also a flight expert and a member of the upcoming "Project Olympus" group.

Spoiler for Ace Combat 6:

- YES!!!

Nekki Basra, Sol Badguy, H***** and Rocker Atrhas in a EPIC guitar battle!

*Dies from sheer WTF Awesomeness*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Expect It’s really not; in fact Nanoha is one of the more realistic depictions of magic you see. For the most part magic is shown as a weapon, and one with definite limitations. No mage has ever even approached city busting power for instance never mind a power level to affect the universe on any kind of large scale. 99.9% of what we see is entirely replicable with bog standard cliché Sci-fi tech s you’d see on SG-1 or Star Trek. (or even modern weapons) In fact the vast majority of their stuff isn’t all that different from most sci-fi they just magic instead of technology.

Nanoha: Flight Magic
Normal Sci-fi: Anti-Gravity manipulation/jet packs

Nanoha: Teleportation
Normal Sci-fi: Teleporters of various sorts

Nanoha: Barrier magic
Normal Sci-fi: Shield generators of about 30 different types

Nanoha: Field spells
Normal Sci-fi: Phase generators/cloaks and various sorts of other pocket universes

Nanoha: Illusion magic
Normal Sci-fi: Holograms hard and soft light varieties

Nanoha: Telepathy
Normal Sci-fi: Implanted radio/sub-space/whatever transmitters or hell even flat out telepathy itself in some settings.

Nanoha: Binding Magic
Normal Sci-fi: Tractor beams, damper fields, force cages, etc etc

Nanoha: Shooting Magic
Normal Sci-fi: Blasters, death rays, bullets, etc etc.

Nanoha: Bombardment Magic
Normal Sci-fi: Missiles, bombs, grenades, mortars etc.

And so on, really Nanoha magic shows little if anything to justify the absurd level of power some people are assigning to it. They’ve never taken out a planet and we have only vague insinuations about what the cradle might be able to do (but never will) Meanwhile lots of people still drive around in simple cars, helicopters are still used, and I’m betting world hunger hasn’t been solved and so on.

Before you’re too quick to spew stuff about how “Hax” it already is I'd take a step back and look at the evidence which mostly flows against stuff like what you’re proposing. Do what you want, but don’t try and claim canon even vaguely supports it, it doesn’t. Some of you guys power levels and they're effects are wildly above or outside anything in canon and are strictly your own with little bearing on the actual canon anymore IMO, like I said do what you want, but don't try and pass this off as having any actual support in the various series. IMO Canon supports a much lower key interpretation then what you and Nighty among others are going with.
- I'M NOT OWNING OR CLAIMING CANON FOR MYSELF!!!

For me... Canon is the baseline- and I tend to put it into extreme limits- at the very edge of its possibility- to the extreme. Basically, my set is running a thin line between "planet wrecking sneeze/fingersnap", "that's too much" and "that's fine". And i integrate ideas from multiple universes, that's why some may be overpowered in the current universal set.

In my Ficverse, Canon characters are pitted against situations that some might call unfair and with enemies overpowered, and thus they must adapt to it- and in come OCs that are also adapt or are above the already modded canon characters to further develop/teach or fight them and so on- and the canon side wins.

Ever since i've watched Nanoha, i've redefined Magic as the realization and materialization of energy thru physical laws and quantum mechanics, that quickly defies any known phyiscal law.

- OH WELL... I give up so that there will be no war here in this thread...

But there will be no more any updates on any of the AlternateS OC set...

Will Saint X continue AlternateS OC updating and hence his membership in the OC thread, Y or N?

The thread will decide. Creator-Kun will not vote. and i see one vote has already been cast!

Y = / N = 1

@ Chaos:

I have been pretty tolerant of the Destroyers... why?

You never touched my OC set... and i'll do the same.

No plan on AlternateS integration - so no worries about your **** being even more ****ed up.

Lol, those guys reminded me of one group of OCs i once created... Yeah!

Maybe someone can hire your guys to do something.
Old 2007-09-15, 17:44   Link #9977
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
@ Keroko as well

- Hehe he's also a flight expert and a member of the upcoming "Project Olympus" group.

Spoiler for Ace Combat 6:
Wow wow wow wow WOW! The guy is that far back?

You do realize that Keroko was about four years old at the time, right? And that's not even talking about the huge retcon would become the fact that Keroko was the only survivor.
Old 2007-09-15, 17:51   Link #9978
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Wow wow wow wow WOW! The guy is that far back?

You do realize that Keroko was about four years old at the time, right? And that's not even talking about the huge retcon that Keroko was the only survivor.
Not that far back...

maybe a couple of years- about 1-3 years before seeing Nanoha for the first time.

And the flashback- let's say he can see and feel it- having Clairsentience. And he's probably the lowliest member of the group she once became part of.

Hold my Hand, i'm going to pull you out!

No!
Old 2007-09-15, 17:58   Link #9979
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Not that far back...

maybe a couple of years- about 1-3 years before seeing Nanoha for the first time.

And the flashback- let's say he can see and feel it.
Oh, okay. *whew* had me scared there for a moment, Saint.

That might work. Keroko was passed around between scientists and psyciatres a lot for about 2 and a half years after the disaster before doctor Hiragu took her under his wing, so she travelled a lot (she met Nanoha half a year later, 3 years after the disaster).
Old 2007-09-15, 18:02   Link #9980
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Back after an week long hiatus

Spoiler for Meeting the son of god for the first time: