Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-04, 05:02   Link #1
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
[Manga] Speculation on Ichigo's Hollow Powers

When we examine the mastery of a Zanpaktou... there seem to be 4 stages
We know manga, that Hichigo and Zangetsu are part of each other

1. In order to release a zanpoktou, one has to be able to hear its name.
2. In order to master Shikai, one must trust their Zanpaktou's spirit.
3. In order to hope to achieve bankai one must (through normal methods) achieve
materialization.
4. In order to achieve Bankai one must conquer their Zanpaktou, or make thier zanpaktou submit to their will...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Essentially 4 stages.... so we can safely assume that theirs more than one stage to hollow powers.

So far Ichigo has forced his hollow to his submission which seems to be opposite order from Zanpaktou. So what are speculation do we have what the rest of his powers may be. So far he hasn't mastered his hollows powers. (The ability to put on the mask for more than 11 seconds). That leaves me with two big quesions?

Is the ability to keep the hollow mask on for extended periods of time just an initial state, or can we see it as something like Shikai?

Is their something similair to Bankai which would be mastery of powers?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My theory holds an assumption that hollow and shinigami powers are some what analogous to one another. I have a feeling that the Viazard's ability to put on a mask is just an initial state (i.e. like gaining Shinigami powers), and my feeling that their first release state is the ability to control a full hollow form... and their is one more state. Any thoughts or Speculations?
Old 2007-06-04, 10:18   Link #2
cheese4u
da big boss

I once thought about this too, but that was more or less to explain why Ichigo is so weak compared to the other Vaizard. I think there is something that the vaizard know about hollow powers that they're not telling Ichigo. Ichigo has all the proper equipment to be powerful shikai, bankai, and hollow powers but he still seems to be weak. Shinji with just his hollow mask on appears to be stronger than Ichigo with his hollow mask plus bankai. I'd hate to think that all of those people are just naturally stronger than Ichigo, so I'm sure there's more to this that's being let on.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-12-22, 18:01   Link #3
Arakial

With the last few mangas, Kaname was shown to have two new forms--a 'shell'(as opposed to a 'mask') release and a resurreccion. This brought up Ichigo's new form vis a vis Kaname's first form to mind. Save for the hole(which was artificially induced anyways) the two forms are almost identical in style. So does that imply Ichigo will have a separate resurreccion?

Tosen's first new form:
LINK REMOVED(I think this one's against the rules) Just look at the spoilers for episode 385.
Kurosaki's new form:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrUo5fyZdco
Old 2009-12-22, 18:21   Link #4
sayde

There's no way of knowing anything at this point IMO. The problem is we have to account for the possibility that things may have changed a bit thanks to Aizen improving the hollowfication process.

Tousen's "shell" could be the equivalent to the Vizard's masks and Ichigo's new form could be the equivalent to Tousen's resurrección...or it may not be the case at all. That is to say, it's also definitely possible for Ichigo's new form to be nothing more than the equivalent to Tousen's first form.

It's also possible that Ichigo's new form could indeed be a resurrección and he may have yet another resurrección to unlock in the future (because Ulquiorra proves it's possible).

KT's going to have to explain this crap sooner or later. So I'll wait for that.
Old 2009-12-25, 16:42   Link #5
Zek
Eyebrows...

I think Ichigo's new form is simply his resurreccion. He has a full hollow body, it just so happens that his is humanoid.
Old 2009-12-25, 21:00   Link #6
Kurohitsugi

Quote:
So far Ichigo has forced his hollow to his submission which seems to be opposite order from Zanpaktou
Yeah, I thought about that too.
What if the first step for shinigamis is the last step for perfect hollowfication... that is, know the name of your hollow?

Because when Byakuya asked "Who are you?", Hichigo answered "I have no name". But possibly, he doesn't want to say it.

Quote:
I think Ichigo's new form is simply his resurreccion. He has a full hollow body, it just so happens that his is humanoid.
That leaves the question, what was the form Ichigo was in when he trained with the vaizards... and was it higher or lower than his form against Ulquiorra?
Old 2010-01-02, 20:09   Link #7
Ban kai
bleach luver

correct me if im wrong, but ichigo could no longer put on his mask in the later chapters. that has to mean something, and he also mentioned that his mask felt heavier the last time he put it on
Old 2010-01-02, 21:03   Link #8
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

I believe that the time he broke out of his mindless "ressurection" form could represent him overpowering his hollow form and gaining access to his power. Just like overpowering hollow ichigo so he can usde the mask, maybe he now has control of the new "ressurection" form but just doesn't realise it yet.

I also believe that the fact that his mask feels "heavy" could represent his new power that he doesn't yet understand. Once he used the "ressurection" form once again, he might understand the changes and figure out how to control it's new powers.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2010-01-02, 22:12   Link #9
kamyu

new mask, new 10 second limit? lol
Old 2010-01-02, 22:19   Link #10
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I believe that the form that Ichigo took on and the power he displayed that easily overpowered Ulquiorra at his very strongest, more like toyed with him, when he was killed for a moment. Was an unstable and incomplete form of his ressurection release and that his hollow power was unstable from the beginning and that his mask evolved into its right form after he lost it while protecting Orihime and now he has too take some training with his inner selves in order too gain his control over his hollow mask or power.
Old 2010-01-02, 23:50   Link #11
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I believe that the form that Ichigo took on and the power he displayed that easily overpowered Ulquiorra at his very strongest, more like toyed with him, when he was killed for a moment. Was an unstable and incomplete form of his ressurection release and that his hollow power was unstable from the beginning and that his mask evolved into its right form after he lost it while protecting Orihime and now he has too take some training with his inner selves in order too gain his control over his hollow mask or power.
that is a very interesting idea,

i would love to see the fight ichigo would have to go through and the inner conflict with his hollow
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 2010-06-17, 06:50   Link #12
michael889vintor

It could be heavy because the hollow reatsu became heavier. The concept of the mask was that they overpowered the hollow within. he was in a weaker state than his inner hollow now (because the hollow grew stronger) so its harder to put the mask on.
He would then have to get even stronger to be able to match the hollow's strength.
Its been a power struggle between the two right? we might even see episodes of the hollow withing trying to overpower him again mid fight. hehe
Closed Thread