AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 27 30.68%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 10.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 4.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.14%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 5.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-28, 21:15   Link #101
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

What in the heck was that teacher wearing?

Honestly since I dont read the manga I never would have known this was filler or at least some filler, part filler, whatever. It was enjoyable in the sense that I find this anime funny and it continued to make me laugh.

Also Endless Eight was EIGHT EPISODES! This was 22 minutes, this I could tolerate.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-10-28, 23:23   Link #102
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
What in the heck was that teacher wearing?

Honestly since I dont read the manga I never would have known this was filler or at least some filler, part filler, whatever. It was enjoyable in the sense that I find this anime funny and it continued to make me laugh.

Also Endless Eight was EIGHT EPISODES! This was 22 minutes, this I could tolerate.
Except this isn't filler. For one, it's in the manga, which kills the primary definition of filler right off. Yes, it's been embellished upon with parts that weren't in the manga, but there's a word for that: "adaptation".

Second, and most importantly, TWGOK is quite possibly unique in that while there may seem to be a solid demarcation between "arc" stories and "non-arc" stories (believe me, that line blurs significantly later on), which one is which is more than open to debate. Manga readers should already know what I'm talking about, but anime watchers will probably pick up on my meaning after another heroine or two, if they haven't already.

And as a fan of both shows, I welcome the E8 comparisons. Both attempted to evoke similar feelings with similar situations. This one just did it a lot better.
Old 2010-10-29, 00:08   Link #103
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
This episode didn't exactly appeal to my id, but still developed nonetheless. There's nothing worse than a stagnant episode with no purpose.
I like the parts where he goes for the girl (reason I'm watching it in the first place), but this works as well.

Or does it?

I pretty much already got the jist of his video game fixation and the degree to which it controls his life, but did they really need to explain it like this? For a full episode?

'Meh' I say to this. Hopefully the next one sends my anima aflutter.
I think in the past 3 episodes, they've beaten into our consciousness that he hates reality and would prefer living the rest of his miserable life attached to a game where he can fantasize about digital women. I simply saw it as a filler episode that did not introduce anything new.
Old 2010-10-29, 00:19   Link #104
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

I remember when Endless eight was airing and I was lurking these boards; I don't think these 20 minutes of repeated attempts could ever be compared to the utter despair that 2-month-long experiment created. It was quite hilarious back then.

Now some are saying that it was unneccessary for a whole, but after I thought about it, I think this is a pretty decent.
One reason is simple; the last three episodes have been going at a fast pace and hasn't slowed down since. It's a break between now and the next capture.
Second reason is, we finally get a chance to look at Keima for a second. Many MCs in a harem-styled show (I know, it's not full harem, but there's lotsa girls) barely get any time for themselves, since they're essentially supposed to be self-inserts; they have no character to show us. Keima is no self-insert. He's a person all his own. I think he deserves at least ONE episode devoted to him.
I understand why it's so divisive; it doesn't move the plot along, yes. But we should at least get a moment to figure out the star of the show.

I dunno, I liked it. That dodgeball scene just kept me rolling everytime.
Old 2010-10-29, 00:25   Link #105
Seihai
スマイリウム

I have no clue what that Endless Eight is supposed to be but looking at the comments doesn't even make me want to google it.

Anyway, can't wait for next episode, it can't come fast enough looking at the arguments here.
Old 2010-10-29, 00:33   Link #106
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

A poorly written game sold for 12600 yens How much is it in US dollars?
Old 2010-10-29, 00:41   Link #107
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!

1,000 yen=$12 US, currently.
Old 2010-10-29, 00:44   Link #108
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

About 126 USD. I thought it was only the looping bug, but then came the save bug, the startup bug, etc etc. What a POS
Old 2010-10-29, 00:51   Link #109
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Except this isn't filler. For one, it's in the manga, which kills the primary definition of filler right off. Yes, it's been embellished upon with parts that weren't in the manga, but there's a word for that: "adaptation".
Ok I see, I kept seeing the word filler and adaptation thrown around and since like I said I dont read the manga I wasnt sure the percentage of what was offical to what was added.

Quote:
Second, and most importantly, TWGOK is quite possibly unique in that while there may seem to be a solid demarcation between "arc" stories and "non-arc" stories (believe me, that line blurs significantly later on), which one is which is more than open to debate. Manga readers should already know what I'm talking about, but anime watchers will probably pick up on my meaning after another heroine or two, if they haven't already.
I can see that kinda since when I first started this back in the General discussion thread I asked if was gonna be a "girl of the week" kinda thing and was assured it wouldnt be after a while.

Quote:
And as a fan of both shows, I welcome the E8 comparisons. Both attempted to evoke similar feelings with similar situations. This one just did it a lot better.
Not to get OT and get into that but I actually didnt mind E8 when it became apparent as to what was actually going to happen (in that yes it was going to be eight epis), what I liked about this more was that it happened all in one epi

Again Elise made me lol which is why I like this show, she's freaking adorable.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-10-29, 02:06   Link #110
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
I have no clue what that Endless Eight is supposed to be but looking at the comments doesn't even make me want to google it.

Anyway, can't wait for next episode, it can't come fast enough looking at the arguments here.
It's a shame that that is your impression, though you're not to blame for how that reference is being depicted.

I hold a minority opinion, but I think that much more than it being a simple gimmick, adapting a single chapter into a series arc that spanned 8 episodes
Spoiler:
was one heck of an intense ride!

It's as if these geeky nerds have never played the same games with limited variations to game play and other aspects over and over again, or watched a movie or series scores of times simply because they loved it that much. And yet with each of the 8 episodes KyoAni goes through loving care to give attention to details in the variances to each recurrence, with tension rising every week as we await the resolution to which yukata
Spoiler:
are the key indicators that we're there.

So you can see that even were you to agree with the majority that such an adaptation is a futile exercise, to suggest that the sense of dread, should you fall into that majority who felt that way, of watching these 8 episodes is to a great degree comparable to that of watching this episode which was very amusing is non-sense! Apples and oranges at least are both fruits.

Last edited by khryoleoz; 2010-10-29 at 02:22.
Old 2010-10-29, 13:09   Link #111
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Rofl at teachers being yazuka and biker chick (or a sadist?).

Heard intro to the ED, instant thought: 'that has to be Tenmon'.
Looked it up, and found it is Tenmon!!!
Old 2010-10-29, 19:43   Link #112
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Just like everyone, i was surprised at the chapter being adapted into a full episode. I thought it's a bad idea, but i have to admit the adaptation is really well done, and it's really enjoyable to watch...

So the episode itself is good. The only problem is... since i read the manga, and i know more awesome stuffs will happen soon. That's why spend even half of episode for some original anime materials would use up 11 minutes of future adaptation

Also the episode will be more impact if they do it just like someone suggested it before. They should design Sora during Keima's gaming experiences to be as cold and as emotionless as possible (blank eyes for example, the author of TWGoK really know when to use these eyes drawings). Then during the crucial moment, she suddenly break out with all of her emotions.... That will be an awesome adaptation

Btw, just realised this:
Spoiler for Game bug - dodge oginiri :

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2010-10-29 at 20:11.
Old 2010-10-29, 20:27   Link #113
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

The game story is certainly an interesting idea. It seems there are even console games that are just as extremely bug-plagued as Gothic 3
Poor Keima...yet it shows that he really does have a great deal of determination, if he really wants. Also, love his new bit of wisdom:
"There a no bad heroines, just bad games."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
Poor Keima gets smacked around alot by his teachers xD
No wonder, since he's constantly playing on his console during lesson
They've probably already resigned from telling him to stop, as he won't do that anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
...Why is this an entire episode?
It was a little bit repetitive indeed, him doing the same things over and over again... they could've fit this in half an episode and use the second half for something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcExAlcHeMy View Post
lol @ bugged scene. good thing i never played anything that involved the word "beta" or else i would make that face all day

Spoiler for IT'S BUGGED:
There's still a good amount of PC games which are sold while still at beta niveau, full of bugs and such
Worst example was Gothic 3, the unbeaten king of bugs of all times, with vast opportunities for that face.
If every bug in Gothic 3 would be an ant, you could use the ants to build a bridge from here to the moon
Just because a PC game stands on the shelf and doesn't say "Beta" anymore, doesn't mean it's bug free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
They could have had the same development in less time and stuck another short story into the second half, causing even more development and in between slice-of-life arc-ness.
I would've prefered that as well.

Quote:
Besides, again, this chapter was much shorter in the manga.
Thought as much. They've blown it up a bit then to fill an episode.

Quote:
Hell, they could have adapted the next girl's first chapter in that time.
Introducing the next girl in the second half would've been better indeed.

All in all, this week's ep. wasn't as good as last weeks, but still 8/10.
Old 2010-10-29, 23:02   Link #114
chaos_animagic

Well... I do have to agree on the part:

There is no bad Heroine, only bad games.

Heroines are Awesome... ;D

I actually liked the episode, because it showed how a game can turn out badly when it's suppose to be one of the most "anticipated" games...
Kinda like Final Fantasy (some number) Online... which was suppose to be one of the best game... turns out to be the worst game, and it send their stocks down by more than $200 in just one month... (and it's still decreasing, it's only a matter of time before SE have to drop Final Fantasy and come up with a game that will save them... just like Final Fantasy saved them in the past...)
Old 2010-10-30, 05:03   Link #115
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Finally caught up till this episode. Really what a busy season with lotsa stuffs still waiting to be watch inside my HDD.

Anyway great eps. Simply 10/10. Great humors and jokes there, and exactly following the manga, with a lil addition of scenes and stuffs.

Next episode... Kanon? Bring it on!!

Quote:
This is only 13 episodes.
I believe that might change soon. After watching ep 4, i feel that there's just no way to complete the left 7 girls with juz 9 more eps. There has to be a sudden announcement sooner or later to expand the no of eps to at least 24, since from the preview, next arc definitely would take at least 2 eps to complete, and likely each girl too (except Ayumi) will need at least 2 eps to complete their arc. If that's the case, it won't be possible anymore to cram 6 more girls in the left 7 eps, not to mention the fillers in between each arc that i highly believe will be included too in the anime.

So let me say this in Keima's style

I can already see the ending. Manglobe will announce an expansion of the TWGOK series from the announced earlier 13 eps into 24 eps.

Actually i got another theory on how they will fit the girls into 13 eps, but i rather want to believe in things i mentioned above.
Old 2010-10-30, 05:12   Link #116
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^12/13 episodes now, and 12/13 in April. It works out that way.
Old 2010-10-30, 05:20   Link #117
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

12/13 eps for 9 girls? Or just the first 4 till Shiori and 12/13 eps on April for the rest 5 girls?

If its the latter, then there goes my 2nd theory. Was afraid they're going to split the 9 girls into 2 seasons, sounds like a hard work. I rather like it if they just expand this season into 24 instead of doing 2 seasons. But i can understand anyway if they decide to split 9 girls into 2 seasons. More time for the mangaka to write the series without worrying of being catch up by the anime version.
Old 2010-10-30, 06:54   Link #118
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ No. It is split-2-cour project, and it will have 9 girls only. Additional sequel after 24/26 episode of two season is yet to be confirmed, as Wakaki said it will be determined by DVD/BD sales.

Unfortunately, pre-order figure doesn't look too good. I was pretty surprised, since I thought this will at least do cult-hit.
Old 2010-10-30, 07:00   Link #119
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
So the episode itself is good. The only problem is... since i read the manga, and i know more awesome stuffs will happen soon. That's why spend even half of episode for some original anime materials would use up 11 minutes of future adaptation
I have no idea why my fellow manga fans are saying this.. the OP shows you the girls this season will cover, the next ep preview shows another thing, that leaves 3 episodes and this fills one of them.

The funny thing is that if they skipped this chapter most people here would be bitching about it.
Old 2010-10-30, 07:21   Link #120
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I have no idea why my fellow manga fans are saying this.. the OP shows you the girls this season will cover, the next ep preview shows another thing, that leaves 3 episodes and this fills one of them.

The funny thing is that if they skipped this chapter most people here would be bitching about it.
We have room for "that" arc, in fact it will be perfect to conclude S1...
Unless they fill S1 up with lots of anime original... that's what i worry about (if they can do with 11 minutes...who can be sure that they not gonna make another 44... D: )

PS: you have to admit that the anime original of this episode is surprisingly fitting well in. The whole repeat and then dodge ball with oginiri