AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-06-01, 02:14   Link #2721
HasuMasu
*Artist

I guess it doesn't matter as long as I'm able to get it eventually.

Bug testing and all.
Old 2012-06-02, 07:31   Link #2722
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I think they are changing the settings for the vampire's, and the models have changed aswell. Very excited
Old 2012-06-02, 09:06   Link #2723
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
I think they are changing the settings for the vampire's, and the models have changed aswell. Very excited
Guess the Necromage perk is getting nerfed then? Well, it was fun while it lasted.

I wonder what changes are they going to make? I just find the need to drink blood too bothersome. So if they kept that I will be joining the Dawnguard.
Old 2012-06-02, 09:20   Link #2724
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Not to be mean or anything but if you don't like the need of drinking blood then vampire as a whole ain't for you cause its one of the main features of it .
Old 2012-06-02, 09:38   Link #2725
sa547
*Author

Installed the game this morning on my new PC, got hooked after seven hours that I forgot to prepare dinner. :P
Old 2012-06-02, 09:44   Link #2726
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Installed the game this morning on my new PC, got hooked after seven hours that I forgot to prepare dinner. :P
Ahaha niceeee, skyrim does that
It gets better when your around level 20 and understand everything. Also when you have decent gear and starting to look like a badass
Old 2012-06-02, 10:10   Link #2727
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Not to be mean or anything but if you don't like the need of drinking blood then vampire as a whole ain't for you cause its one of the main features of it .
Seriously though, I don't mind the blood drinking, I am just annoyed at the inconvenience. It would be like if you are forced to transform into a werewolf for 24 hours once every month on a fixed date. Makes sense in the lore, but makes it undesirable.

If they make it possible for me to drink blood during combat, like what I saw in the trailer, then it would solve everything. I would just take a bite out of random bandits once in a while, much simpler.
Old 2012-06-02, 10:12   Link #2728
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Ahaha niceeee, skyrim does that
It gets better when your around level 20 and understand everything. Also when you have decent gear and starting to look like a badass
I'm getting the hang of the system, trying to figure out where I'm really good at (melee, ranged or magical combat), but for now my toon's at level 7 and did a few castle and dungeon raids.
Old 2012-06-02, 11:13   Link #2729
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
I'm getting the hang of the system, trying to figure out where I'm really good at (melee, ranged or magical combat), but for now my toon's at level 7 and did a few castle and dungeon raids.
Nice, sounds like you are a quick learner it took me ages untill I realised what I was good at.

If anyone is intrested in more monsters/creatures in the game which can be lore friendly/unfriendly check out http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9694

Makes the game really intresting, and the new monsters are not in places were they shouldn't be.
Old 2012-06-02, 11:34   Link #2730
Destined_Fate

I wonder... Did Skyrim ever get a Mark's Mutants Mod like Fallout 3, NV, Morrowind, and Oblivion got? Really made things much more lively and awesome wit everyone swarming and killing eachother in the overworld.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 11:36   Link #2731
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Microsoft pays Game Companies cash to delay releases on everyone else's platform.
Which makes sense for game releases, but not for patches anyway. I mean, it's not like people will shell out for another title and abandon all their saves just because the 360 gets patches a month earlier.

Wasted money from microsoft methinks. Oh well, more budget for Bethesda.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 12:10   Link #2732
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I wonder... Did Skyrim ever get a Mark's Mutants Mod like Fallout 3, NV, Morrowind, and Oblivion got? Really made things much more lively and awesome wit everyone swarming and killing eachother in the overworld.
I am not sure, but I think if you search the author of that mod, he may of made a similar mod.
Old 2012-06-02, 12:13   Link #2733
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Blagh, Skyrim doesn't want to boot. Looks like I'll have to reinstall.
Old 2012-06-02, 13:03   Link #2734
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Have you added any new mods? or changed to beta?
Old 2012-06-02, 14:59   Link #2735
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

No, but I hadn't updated my mods in a while either, since it was kind of a pain with how the mods worked.

edit: aaand it seems that simply deleting the local content didn't fix that and left everything in place. That's what I get for not doublechecking. Goddammit steam.
Old 2012-06-02, 20:03   Link #2736
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
NV didn't get an MMM, Martigen quit modding after his FO3 version though he still hangs around the community.

Closest thing to a Skyrim version is SkyMoMod (Skyrim Monster Mod), which isn't exactly lore-friendly (includes creatures from other games and a triceratops) and is not by Martigen if that's what you're looking for.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 20:47   Link #2737
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
No, but I hadn't updated my mods in a while either, since it was kind of a pain with how the mods worked.

edit: aaand it seems that simply deleting the local content didn't fix that and left everything in place. That's what I get for not doublechecking. Goddammit steam.
Still better then Orgin
Old 2012-06-02, 22:21   Link #2738
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Blagh, Skyrim doesn't want to boot. Looks like I'll have to reinstall.
Reinstall?

Normally I just fully uninstall all mods and then verify integrity of game cache when something like that happens, though that hasn't happened to me with Skyrim, only with New Vegas. Takes far less time than reinstalling, even though it requires more effort.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 22:31   Link #2739
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Reinstall?

Normally I just fully uninstall all mods and then verify integrity of game cache when something like that happens, though that hasn't happened to me with Skyrim, only with New Vegas. Takes far less time than reinstalling, even though it requires more effort.
Have you ever done the verify integrity of game cache for Skyrim? I have done it before and it slowly goes from 1% through 66%, and then it goes from 66% immediately to 100%. I'd like to know, is that normal? Does anyone know? I don't want that feature to be botched on me. It has helped me in the past.
Old 2012-06-02, 23:02   Link #2740
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Have you ever done the verify integrity of game cache for Skyrim? I have done it before and it slowly goes from 1% through 66%, and then it goes from 66% immediately to 100%. I'd like to know, is that normal? Does anyone know? I don't want that feature to be botched on me. It has helped me in the past.
Fairly normal, as far as I'm aware. I was doing a verify on Max Payne 3 (about 29-35GB), took a while from 1 to 49%, then to 66 and jumped to 100 with no issues.
It does take a while, depending on the game. Just make a cup of coffee or something while you wait.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim