AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-14, 12:39   Link #9461
Homura7

Kumagawa will only have a win when the planets line up, you hear me
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 12:47   Link #9462
Sarun

Ajimu will surely rise in the ranking. Kumogawa's lead might be smaller though he might still win it. Medaka might retain 2nd spot. I think focus on Zen's story since last poll should help him to gain ranks and votes. If not, I wonder whether what can gain it for him.

I think Volume 14 was the only Volume in MB that did not have Medaka in it. What do you predict whose gonna appar in future volume covers?
Old 2012-06-14, 12:54   Link #9463
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Instead of Emukae deciding to not give up on her life and dreams, she just try to sacrifice herlself after a hopeless confession that will most likely be ignored, and wishing happiness for the man she loves with another woman, without even fighting for him. Which means she basically gave-up, and like Medaka said, is not like her. Hence character regression. Considering herself useless and weak from the get-go(being a Minus) when she was able to keep on fighting when Torai, Wani and Naze had to retire is also very contradictory and something she should've surpassed already.
Emukae didn't decide to "sacrifice" herself. Up until the last moment she was still "maybe even going for the win". I hardly think she was trying to deliberately kill herself, she merely thought the risk was worth it for what she would potentially be able to accomplish.

Emukae didn't mention anything about being "weak and useless" until she was literally about to die. Even though she acknowledged she wasn't powerful (compared to the Suitor, not compared to her allies whom she indeed outlasted) Emukae was persistently shown believing that she could actually accomplish something. That's not Minus; that's the opposite of Minus. The "useless" and only true Minus part of her mentality only came in the final moments when she took the hit, was about to die, and truly not accomplish anything.

Quote:
But since I'm nearly convinced this was all in-favor of Kumagawa's appereance(lol at Minus not working for no clear reasons without even styles being used) for yet to be revealed reasons, at least it's not like Nishio is spiteful of Emukae to go erroneous on her portrayal.
Kugurugi's statement that Emukae's Minus wouldn't work (on her) didn't have anything to do with her ability. Kugurugi explicitly stated that her domination over the SC to that point had been done without her style, with only pure physical ability. Since Emukae's Minus requires the use of her hands, it's obvious Kugurugi only meant that Emukae couldn't touch her. Kugurugi was merely stating her complete superiority over Emukae to the degree that even Emukae's sole weapon wouldn't be any use against her--it wasn't a statement indicating mechanics of their abilities, rather only indicating attitude.

Quote:
Devil Style. Kumagawa's always lose mechanic is now [nothing].

Seriously, Zenkichi unshackled multiple beasts from the bonds of fate. There's no way Kumagawa can possibly be defeated unless this suitor can interfere with causality.
Whether or not Devil Style is in play, Kumagawa's only actual offensive capability is his ability to see others' weaknesses. This isn't enough for him to be able to take on truly strong characters in something like a fair or one-on-one battle. Given that Kugurugi has just been stated to be a Suitor "closest to Medaka", I'd say it's hardly a given here that Kumagawa will be a match for her on any sort of direct level. For Kumagawa to stand a chance at actually beating Kugurugi, he will absolutely have to depend on the others there and teamwork.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 12:58   Link #9464
Sarun

BTW, I believe Zen hinted/implied that Wani's position in SC is not permanent/under review.

Quite interesting.
Old 2012-06-14, 13:08   Link #9465
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Excuse me, people yelling "asspull"! Kumagawa erased his AURA about 6 volume ago. That means that nobody will ever notice him being anywhere, unless they can see him. They explained this over 50 chapters ago.

Also, nobody said All Fiction is weaker now, they asid it's not as dangerous anymore. And the one who said that was Ajimu, since All Fiction poses no danger to her or her plans, and in fact made it easier for her to predict Kumagawa's movements. They never once said that All Fiction is in any way restricted now. Hell, he just healed someone and when he got it back, he came back from the dead, so why would you think it's weaker?
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 13:11   Link #9466
Sarun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Excuse me, people yelling "asspull"! Kumagawa erased his AURA about 6 volume ago. That means that nobody will ever notice him being anywhere, unless they can see him. They explained this over 50 chapters ago.
I wondered when it would ever come into play.
Old 2012-06-14, 13:12   Link #9467
Homura7

Volume 16 marks the end of the Not Equal arc, so I expect the cover to feature Medaka, Zenkichi, and Najimi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Holy shit, I did forget about that. Which chapter was that again? It was in the Treasure Hunt arc, right?
Old 2012-06-14, 13:16   Link #9468
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Holy shit, I did forget about that. Which chapter was that again? It was in the Treasure Hunt arc, right?
The 080th Suggestion - He'll Return, he explains why Zen can't sense him anymore.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 13:18   Link #9469
Homura7

So it was in the Minus arc. Thanks.

Devil Style can't do anything with something that got erased.
Old 2012-06-14, 13:22   Link #9470
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Whether or not Devil Style is in play, Kumagawa's only actual offensive capability is his ability to see others' weaknesses.
Actually, uh, judging by his fight with Medaka at the end of the Minus Arc, among other things, he seems to have the same sort of sheer superhuman strength and speed that she does. And then there's the unexplained magic screws...

If Devil Style is going to affect his inability to win I'd think he could trounce the suitor in a second or two. Hell, he could probably just erase her combat ability... this is why people are saying that Kumagawa is an uninteresting character to see in a fight.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 13:22   Link #9471
Seitsuki
Onee!

And as for Kumagawa never being able to win...

He simply can't ever 'win in the way that he would consider a win'.

I mean there are plenty of battles earlier that he 'lost', and you know how those turned out...
Old 2012-06-14, 13:29   Link #9472
Homura7

Well, I guess this puts an end to the whole discussion. Don't forget to rep DmonHiro.
Old 2012-06-14, 13:42   Link #9473
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Well, I guess this puts an end to the whole discussion. Don't forget to rep DmonHiro.
[Insert comment about the discussion so you can have the final word here]
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 13:49   Link #9474
Homura7

It's funny. Because Kumagawa erased his aura now Nisio can throw him in our faces whenever he feels like and walk away without worries. He's truly top notch mangaka.
Old 2012-06-14, 14:35   Link #9475
Sarun

That was good planning in hindsight!
Old 2012-06-14, 14:43   Link #9476
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:

There's good character development, and this was definitely not it. And did, in-fact, regress the character a few steps of what it should be. Now, this was a swing and a miss. It could've gone right, if Nishio did change a few factors here and there.
The funny part is you're judging character development... before, well you know... it actually completes its course
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 15:24   Link #9477
Naginoura
匂宮家

This again... Seriously, I'm dumbfounded by people who spend so much effort calling Nisio a bad writer over and over again because of a single chapter. How many times has this happened and then it all got explained!? It's impossible to judge Nisio on a chapter basis the way you would a regular mangaka. In fact, it's impossible to do that with any novelist/mangaka who began by writing novels. Nisio is a man who can write 1000 pages in one sitting for a book that's supposed to be only 400 pages long and then write another 1000, compressing it all down to those 400 pages. You can't expect him to explain everything in detail in every single chapter when all he has is 18~20 pages.

What's more appalling is the reason why everyone is calling him a bad writer. Just because the man didn't do the stuff you expected for a character you loved, he is a bad writer? I was thinking everyone here was a Nisio fan to some extent. This is like loving a chapter of a certain manga because a "captain" or an "uchiha" has appeared and hating it when they are gone the next chapter. Not something I expect from a Nisio fan.

Then again everyone still keeps calling Nisio a troll and calling anything that has yet to be explained an asspull except people like Sol Falling, so I guess I should keep my expectations low.

Please wait for something to be explained before making a ton of assumptions —whether it's to badmouth the chapter/writer or defend it. Otherwise, everything gets heated up and I end up having to read 6 pages without being able to answer a single post.

Anyway, I think Kumagawa will triumph again in the popularity poll. The 6 pages of Ajimu destroying the stand-in suitors (along with her recent character development) will most likely get her a better placement. In a perfect world, Naze would be second, but Medaka's change and finally losing probably make her more popular with most fans. Zen has been gaining some popularity, but it's mostly on the yaoi front of fandom and most recently, the harem lovers. I doubt he'll move up by much.

Naginoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 15:37   Link #9478
summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naginoura View Post
This again... Seriously, I'm dumbfounded by people who spend so much effort calling Nisio a bad writer over and over again because of a single chapter. How many times has this happened and then it all got explained!? It's impossible to judge Nisio on a chapter basis the way you would a regular mangaka. In fact, it's impossible to do that with any novelist/mangaka who began by writing novels. Nisio is a man who can write 1000 pages in one sitting for a book that's supposed to be only 400 pages long and then write another 1000, compressing it all down to those 400 pages. You can't expect him to explain everything in detail in every single chapter when all he has is 18~20 pages.

What's more appalling is the reason why everyone is calling him a bad writer. Just because the man didn't do the stuff you expected for a character you loved, he is a bad writer? I was thinking everyone here was a Nisio fan to some extent. This is like loving a chapter of a certain manga because a "captain" or an "uchiha" has appeared and hating it when they are gone the next chapter. Not something I expect from a Nisio fan.

Then again everyone still keeps calling Nisio a troll and calling anything that has yet to be explained an asspull except people like Sol Falling, so I guess I should keep my expectations low.

Please wait for something to be explained before making a ton of assumptions —whether it's to badmouth the chapter/writer or defend it. Otherwise, everything gets heated up and I end up having to read 6 pages without being able to answer a single post.

Anyway, I think Kumagawa will triumph again in the popularity poll. The 6 pages of Ajimu destroying the stand-in suitors (along with her recent character development) will most likely get her a better placement. In a perfect world, Naze would be second, but Medaka's change and finally losing probably make her more popular with most fans. Zen has been gaining some popularity, but it's mostly on the yaoi front of fandom and most recently, the harem lovers. I doubt he'll move up by much.
Have you ever been to Narutoforums. This is mild in comparison.

I liked this chapter, sort of, I thought it was going slow though it was good for developing Emuke. When the suitor used the screws I though the same thing I did last chapter. She uses screwdrivers, so maybe Kumagawa `beat`her. Then I saw that Emukae may die.

Then I knew....The Loser King is coming next chapter. Then I saw...Dat Dirt on my shoe is here.

Kumagawa has arrived!

Looks like allfiction is just as powerful.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-14, 15:39   Link #9479
Homura7

^ You know how much I missed you in the discussion, Naginoura?

And the chapter was awesome, that's all there's to say about.
Old 2012-06-14, 15:39   Link #9480
Sarun

I wonder if Kei still gets good ranking despite not showing up much though he showed up much more recently compared to before 2nd poll.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council