AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2012-12-08, 04:22   Link #181
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Click!

10chars
13 second. So Burissu WILL transform everything into easter eggs. xD
Old 2012-12-09, 04:09   Link #182
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I get an odd feeling when seeing pictures of that Wiss guy. I'm gonna assume there's some type of twist with him. Like...HE is the actual God of Destruction, and Bils is his like...lackey that does his fighting for him. I don't know, I just get the feeling of being mislead with him.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 12:48   Link #183
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marikina View Post
Turning into a SSJ was what finalized the ritual and turned him into Mystic permanently. From that point on he always had the "closed" eyes design. In movie 13 it was portrayed as he was back to having his old "open" eyes design in his base form, and he had to do the "power up like a SSJ" part again and again to turn into his Mystic state.
Not even the games are sure how to treat Mystic Gohan. The Budokai series have him as a transformation stronger than Super Saiyan 2 while the Budokai Tenkaichi games directly have him as another Gohan character without powerups. I wonder if Toriyama ever talked about this (or if he cared for that matter).
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 13:40   Link #184
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Not even the games are sure how to treat Mystic Gohan. The Budokai series have him as a transformation stronger than Super Saiyan 2 while the Budokai Tenkaichi games directly have him as another Gohan character without powerups. I wonder if Toriyama ever talked about this (or if he cared for that matter).
That, or this:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-12-11, 00:21   Link #185
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
But of course. Fans want to see a hot female Super Saiyan!
If done correctly, god forbid they give a woman muscles and the caveman brow for the SSJ3. she'd just better not be a prettied up fanservice.

Fasha anyone?
Old 2012-12-11, 03:57   Link #186
T-6000

I......have mixed feelings about this new movie. I can understand that many are exited for this new Dragonball Z movie and can't wait to see it. I am also interested in the movie since I am a fan of Dragonball Z.........maybe not as much as I use to be. But another part of me says "Is this movie really necessary?". I know I'm in the minority when I say this (Hell, I risk getting "Hunter Leaped" by a few dedicated fans) but I think the Dragonball series has dragged on too long. I think the series should have ended with the Cell games (and make Goku's "death" more meaningful) and there were just too many movies (I'll be blunt honest here. The majority of them weren't all that great). I know that there has been an interest in the series lately and I sure didn't mind the Dragonball Kai series (I liked it, actually) but is another movie really needed?

I'll still give this one a chance and give it a watch. But I hope it's well written and they tone down Goku's arrogance (seriously, as the series drags on he gets more arrogant to the point I feel like punching him. If I borrowed Superman's arms, of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
If done correctly, god forbid they give a woman muscles and the caveman brow for the SSJ3. she'd just better not be a prettied up fanservice.

Fasha anyone?

Actually, I've been wondering what an SSJ Saiyan woman would look like. Hell, I've always wondered what Nappa would look like if he went Super Siyan.

*thinks about SSJ Nappa*

Oh god, his head is....so shiny!!
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 04:10   Link #187
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-6000 View Post
Hell, I've always wondered what Nappa would look like if he went Super Siyan.

*thinks about SSJ Nappa*

Oh god, his head is....so shiny!!
In that case, his eyebrows, mustache (and god knows what other hair he has) will turn shiny yellow.
Old 2012-12-11, 04:57   Link #188
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I don't even know why people still expect the movies to fit into canon.

Remember how despite everyone was so busy dealing with the Androids (and Goku being sick most of the time), they were still somehow able to take a trip to Namek to fight Metal Cooler in the middle of all that?

Trying to fit the Lord Slug movie into the series during the Frieza/Namek saga is a nightmare as well.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-11, 05:15   Link #189
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Trying to fit the Lord Slug movie into the series during the Frieza/Namek saga is a nightmare as well.
Spoiler for Lord Slug movie spoiler:
Old 2012-12-11, 08:21   Link #190
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
In that case, his eyebrows, mustache (and god knows what other hair he has) will turn shiny yellow.
Could you imagin Zangief as a super saiyan? XD
Old 2012-12-11, 14:51   Link #191
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Here it's the female Super Saiyan from Dragon Ball Heroes.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 07:07   Link #192
kiak666

I don't know about you guys, but upon closer look, I found that Birusu resembles a Sphynx cat more than a rabbit.

Spoiler for Sphynx Cat:
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 09:52   Link #193
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hmm, That would be exactly what he is, they villian does look egyptianish.
Old 2012-12-17, 22:09   Link #194
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Woah, finally saw this! Super excited!

I'm curious about some of the character designs for the heroes. This is post-Buu, right? Vegeta almost looks like he did in Cell saga. What with that crazy hourglass Weis has, I'm thinking there's going to be some time shenanigans.
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 22:29   Link #195
GDB

Yes, it's post-Buu. However, they're clearly going for the most popular states for characters (which is probably why Gohan can go SSJ, since his SSJ2 form against Cell was the pinnacle of his popularity, but it'd be beyond weird to use Piccolo's outfit).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 23:33   Link #196
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
However, they're clearly going for the most popular states for characters (which is probably why Gohan can go SSJ, since his SSJ2 form against Cell was the pinnacle of his popularity, but it'd be beyond weird to use Piccolo's outfit).
Is there even a source verifying which versions of characters were most popular during DBZ's original run? Right now it's looking like Toei and Toriyama dropped the ball with Gohan. But we'll see what excuse we get with him.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2012-12-18 at 02:31.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 11:34   Link #198
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Is there even a source verifying which versions of characters were most popular during DBZ's original run? Right now it's looking like Toei and Toriyama dropped the ball with Gohan. But we'll see what excuse we get with him.
I don't recall where I saw it, but I did see one at some point. I don't think most characters had alternate versions available to vote for other than Gohan and Trunks (for obvious reasons), though.

I'm still hoping he just trained to be able to conceal himself as the golden fighter or something, rather than no explanation (which is what I think we'll end up getting).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 17:50   Link #199
T-6000

The link with the trailer for the movie, the comments kind of crack me up. People are still undergoing the age old "Dub vs Sub" arguments? And people are still flinging around such terms as "Weaboos" "Dubbies"? Good grief, some things just *never* change! People have their preferences, let's just leave it at that. I prefer the Japanese version, but that's my preference.

Ok, better get back on topic. This trailer really isn't doing it for me. I guess I'll have to see the movie to give my full judgment (which is really the best way to go about it), but from what I am seeing in the trailer It looks like it'll be the same old DBZ foruma. I guess that's what people want, but I'm surprised at this point people haven't gotten burnt out of the series. I'm really surprised that Toriyama is still sticking by this franchise. Many Manga creators work on a certain franchise for so many volumes (or in some cases, for so many years) and then they move on with another project. But Toriyama seems to have alot of love for his Dragonball franchise to stick with it for so long.

And one more thing, about Kaiou-sama berating Goku for picking a fight with a god.......Goku has fought against Frieza (which Kaiou didn't think he'd win against), and had recently beaten Majin Buu (or at least his evil aspect). I would think he'd know better by now.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 18:47   Link #200
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I think it's funny that, in the plot outline, Bils wants to fight Goku because he defeated Frieza. Heh, Bils needs to get caught up on more RECENT events. Frieza by this time in the show is nothing more than a mere mook. Goten and Trunks in their base form could beat Frieza in his 100% full power form.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2012-12-22 at 19:05.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote