AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-05, 12:57   Link #121
Haiprbim
Banned

Everyone seems so disappointed after watching the first episode... Makes me kinda worried.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 14:06   Link #122
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm impressed that Madhouse can take such a dire premise and script and execute it so well but ultimately the flaws of the material shine through too brightly. For example, I don't like how the story tries to portray the MC as someone who's not perverted yet is still gonna blatantly take erotic photos. Just seems a bit disingenuous. As if the story is trying so hard to say "Don't worry, you can enjoy all these perverted things without being called a pervert!".

Oh well, as long as there's enough of that-main-girl-who's-name-I can't-remember...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 14:09   Link #123
sikvod00

^ Just call her "the girl who Kanae Itou voices". That's all that matters.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 14:11   Link #124
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I didn't want to be that blatant, but I guess I might as well since I'm clearly kidding no one.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 14:36   Link #125
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
This anime story was not interesting until the two photo clubs were introduced. Even then I don't see much potential in this anime.

Uchida reminds me of Frau from Robotics;Notes.
Old 2013-04-05, 15:29   Link #126
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Licensed by Sentai:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-kano-tv-anime

Guessing the only legal venue for this in North America will be The Anime Network.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 16:06   Link #127
Midonin
Last Engage

A lot of TBS shows have ended up on there. I'm expecting it won't be long before they announce a license for OreGairu too.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 16:13   Link #128
hyl
reading #hikaributts

There was not that much story in the original psp game itself, so i am not surprised what they did here.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 17:14   Link #129
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

All i have to say is that this is a very good example for something that I would call "A guide to the basic personalities of every anime girl ever (except maybe a yandere)"

from the first ep and the op we got:

Spoiler:

thing is, i've seen all of these before, and done with only 4 girls too, that series was called asu no yoichi. lol

and what's with all the pouting? anyway, i'm definitely hooked, i'll have to see where all these will lead to
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 17:57   Link #130
Dop
Mmmm....

Not massively impressed by this one, it looks like it could go the way of too much gratuitous fanservice and give photographers a bad name (!) but I'll give it at least another episode.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 18:12   Link #131
Somnus
Eh?

After watching the first episode, I felt an overwhelming "Meh". Was looking forward to this, being compared to Amagami and KimiKiss, but it definitely didn't live up to those expectations.

I'll watch the next episode, but I can honestly take it or leave it right now. For the record though, softball girl = best girl.
Old 2013-04-05, 18:13   Link #132
YourIdeas

Pretty standard fair, though the premise doesn't beat around the bush. Cameras, girls. Only way to connect that is through ecchi photography. I can't see much comparison to KimiKiss or Amagami. It's basically turned into a harem from the start and it's a pretty unremarkable one so far. I'll still end up watching mainly for the voice actresses though I was definitely left unimpressed.

Pretty much all of the girls are generic though I don't mind Haruka too much (partly because I like Itou Kanae's voice). Kanemoto Hisako apparently does a good HanaKana impression as I confused her voice when Mai came into the picture.

Last edited by YourIdeas; 2013-04-05 at 18:29.
YourIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 19:31   Link #133
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

A pretty stellar cast, but not much doing, from the looks of things. I'm already painfully weary of the twit brigade, and kind of hoping the heroines step up to make things interesting. If not, this may fall by the wayside just on account of the sheer number of shows vying for attention this season.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 19:59   Link #134
sky black swordman

It was a decent first episode, it was interesting to say the least, but it did leave me with a sense of "something to be desired". I'm hoping that episode 2 wouldn't leave me with the feeling episode 1 did. On thing is for sure I will watch episode 2 to at least find out what Misumi Tomoe says to Maeda Kazuya.
Old 2013-04-05, 20:39   Link #135
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Not massively impressed by this one, it looks like it could go the way of too much gratuitous fanservice and give photographers a bad name (!) but I'll give it at least another episode.
This above all else was the thing that annoyed me about this episode. As a photographer myself I couldn't help but alternate between heavy sighing and eye rolling during the entire part about the two photo clubs.

Was really hoping he'd pick the more legit club, but alas typical spineless male lead...

At least the majority of the female characters are charming to an extent, but I don't know if they're enough to offset the utterly terrible male ones...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"

Last edited by Ashlotte; 2013-04-05 at 21:45.
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 21:18   Link #136
kyouray
2D > 3D

This first episode is visually interesting thanks to Akitoshi Yokoyama's layouts but the content is dubious. I don't mind much but that's kinda insulting to photographers... I don't know why Yokoyama is doing the series composition, someone with more experience with this kind of series may have made this episode more interesting.
I guess I'll continue because of pretty girls (but the mushroom headed guy is unbearable) and daring angle shots.
The OP has sure nice cuts :
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-05, 23:02   Link #137
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Thought I heard Asa-Sempai being channeled through the softball girl. Same attitude, everything.

I will watch for her...
Old 2013-04-05, 23:53   Link #138
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Watched the first ep. I think PhotoKano is your standard harem anime with some (perverted) photography gimmick. Looks like this series will be the guilty-pleasure for this season.
Old 2013-04-06, 04:35   Link #139
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

hmm, IMO there was no point in introducing the non-pervert photography club if it wouldn't play a role later on.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-06, 04:55   Link #140
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
Everyone seems so disappointed after watching the first episode... Makes me kinda worried.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm impressed that Madhouse can take such a dire premise and script and execute it so well but ultimately the flaws of the material shine through too brightly. For example, I don't like how the story tries to portray the MC as someone who's not perverted yet is still gonna blatantly take erotic photos. Just seems a bit disingenuous. As if the story is trying so hard to say "Don't worry, you can enjoy all these perverted things without being called a pervert!".

Oh well, as long as there's enough of that-main-girl-who's-name-I can't-remember...
This is... more or less my thoughts. There was so, so much promise for this series going up until the end when they introduced that photo club schism, and then he picked the WRONG side. I give kudos though for the MC being a pretty stand-up guy, although his choice to join the Photography Club forces me to flag him as an idiot in waiting.

What primarily drew me to this series was the fact that I actually my first DSLR last month (A Canon Canan one, no less), so I was hopeful that there would be some great parallels to draw from this anime. There are, certainly some. It seems to me though, that camera culture really wont be a big part of this series beyond the monologues of the opening episodes(s).

Incidentally, kudos to the team for correctly labeling that 18-55mm lens (Yes, I actually checked...). I also dug around a bit for visual comparison and it looks like he's using a Canan XS. Well... A camera's a camera.

Edit: Incidentally again, for those who are wondering what the life of an amateur photographer is like I'll spell out my experiences (and of those around me). You get your first camera and lens (lenses, if you're fortunate as I was), realize that the 18-55mm (which you're very likely to end up using with a Canan as your first lens) is a massive pile of crap, and spend a couple hundred dollars purchasing a better lens. In my case, I got a very reduced price on a 55-250mm, which is extremely comparable to the 18-55mm in quality, but the focal length is so much more useful that I pretty much exclusively use that lens unless I'm indoors.

Also, shooting on manual he'll spend the majority of his time starting out trying to make those action shots be in focus and far less blurry (a very difficult task, I suspect, with his equipment). Fortunately he'll mostly be taking panty shots and otherwise so we wont have to worry about his skill much at all.

Last edited by Traece; 2013-04-06 at 05:10. Reason: More camera por- er, talk.
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
high school, romance