AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Negima Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 8 14.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 38.60%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 28.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 10.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.51%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-19, 05:09   Link #41
crystar
*yawns*

The animation really is great. So is the music. I like the OP. In general, I don't see anything with Negima!? so far for me. I suppose the only thing that kind of irks me is the weird narrations in the beginning of this episode (and at the end of the first one). Unnecessary. Oh right and as for the box thing, I did think it was quite distracting but I'll let it slide. It's the first time I've seen something like that.
Old 2006-10-19, 12:55   Link #42
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The narration is kind of a PaniPoniDash thing (when the alien captain would provide exposition) but yeah... thats probably one of my less favorite things about the new show as well.
Old 2006-10-19, 13:30   Link #43
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Can anyone read what do those letters say in the following?

Old 2006-10-19, 15:01   Link #44
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ lol i cnt believe i missed that must have blinked...and whos the girl? a random chara?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-19, 20:30   Link #45
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I missed it too in my first viewing of the raw. I caught that in the 2nd viewing with the subtitle. The "Ow!" part flashed by so quickly that I had to freeze the screen to see what was the deal with the blurry motion, and there you have it, the pot has something cute in it, though, I don't know who she is!

Wonder if anyone could tell us what those letters read? May be then we will know who is that cute loli..
Old 2006-10-19, 20:55   Link #46
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The narration is kind of a PaniPoniDash thing (when the alien captain would provide exposition) but yeah... thats probably one of my less favorite things about the new show as well.
The narration for Negima?! kind of makes the show feel a bit more epic. I'd love to see at the end that it was the aliens all along... they'd have reason to keep an eye of Negi. :3
Old 2006-10-19, 21:25   Link #47
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ lol i cnt believe i missed that must have blinked...and whos the girl? a random chara?
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I missed it too in my first viewing of the raw. I caught that in the 2nd viewing with the subtitle. The "Ow!" part flashed by so quickly that I had to freeze the screen to see what was the deal with the blurry motion, and there you have it, the pot has something cute in it, though, I don't know who she is!

Wonder if anyone could tell us what those letters read? May be then we will know who is that cute loli..
I found the answer in the generic discussion forum here.
Old 2006-10-19, 21:26   Link #48
ChronoReverse

I find the narrator overly dramatic and rather silly. However, at the same time, I like it because it just goes along with the whole feel of the show.

You have these super-serious shonen fights between Eva and Nagi in the flashback scenes drawn and animated in gory detail in a thick solid style.

Interspersed with that is the normal styling of Negi and his scenes. Abolutely vanilla anime style.

And then all of a sudden you have this disjoint with the colourful and light classroom banter with the students.

And then the largest discrepancy is how Eva tends to be accident-prone. It throws a wet blanket over the whole "dark evil vampire" part of her.

The narrator just completes the package by giving yet another completely disconnected style.

Negima!? is very clearly not Negima!
Old 2006-10-19, 21:54   Link #49
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Well said!

The narrator is my favorite for he pokes fun of every thing that represents the previous Negima anime adaptation. He hasn't spared anyone from that sarcastic humor. For inexplicable reasons, the only thing he seems to have a weak spot for is Kamu-kun .

P.S. Thanks CrowKenobi-san!
Old 2006-10-20, 00:03   Link #50
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
I found the answer in the generic discussion forum here.
To be more informative, that's the main character Saati (ie "Thirty") from one of Akamatsu's pre-Love Hina works, AI ga Tomaranai, translated into English as "A.I. Love You".

When I saw the "... ?!" at the end, for some reason I had a mental image of Aitoma done by SHAFT (rather than Xebec). It would probably not be much like the original, but at least it'll be interestingly different.
Old 2006-10-20, 05:36   Link #51
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I posted this in the Noein thread, but you guys might be interested to know that this shot from ep 2:

is a homage to Noein ep 1:

Shaft worked on Noein, though not the first ep from where this image is taken. I'd say the initial shots of the Evangeline/Thousand Master battle was a nod to the OP of Noein.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-10-20 at 05:46.
Old 2006-10-20, 09:48   Link #52
Lotiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
I posted this in the Noein thread, but you guys might be interested to know that this shot from ep 2:

is a homage to Noein ep 1:

Shaft worked on Noein, though not the first ep from where this image is taken. I'd say the initial shots of the Evangeline/Thousand Master battle was a nod to the OP of Noein.
Haha, I was surprised too when look at that technique. It was like dejavu and I thought I saw it somewhere and then I remembered it from Noein.
Old 2006-10-20, 11:30   Link #53
Kisuke06
I see...

Another very good episode. The animation is really good, the OP and the ED are very nice. And the development, even being very quick, it's not bad(in fact, I tought it was very good).

I'm looking forward to more.
Old 2006-10-22, 00:32   Link #54
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The animation was the bomb. All sorts of crazy stuff happened between cut scenes.

All looked like a Negima movie!!

The new version explores with depth on Evangeline's issues, and the despair she feels on being locked or frozen in the body of a 10-year-old forever.

The first series did not look upon this, but I must presume that in the manga does Evangeline references on her cursed state.

Let's see- Eva's just sexy and mischievious and yet manages to be too cute and sensual at the same time.

The animation is commended. Watching the battle between her and the Thousand Master is a mind breaker. Still angles, cel-shaded animation, fast-motion cynematics, and dark hue shadowing imprints the fantasy and gloomy on that duel.

I see that came up with many changes on Eva's persona.

Virtually most of the silliness from season one is gone. Damn! Even the Thousand Master's onion trap is gone!

But in exchange we are allowed to see that Eva's concern and appreciation is more evident and warmed-up, than it was for season one.

Eva has this weakness to the onions and garlic, and Negi could learn that to take her out of comission.

And heeding from the words of Takamichi, looks like Eva's is the real stuff of an evil being worse than the Devil not to be set loose on the world for season two.
Closed Thread