Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-01, 02:45   Link #401
Lucier
Lunar Translator

Exactly!!
If we just download and never buy, their profit margins will go down (the creators)... and we'll end up with less great anime. If we show em what we like with our $$$, we'll get more of that, guarenteed!

I say buy the R2's especially, because they're the ones that CREATE the anime...

I'll never support R1 companies with my money... {I really dislike the butchering they do to the anime... this is just my opinion, so....}

I'd buy R2s more often, but since my DVD player is FU***** R1 only, I hate to buy R2 DVDs, because I have to encode them on my computer first or REburn them... which is just stupid =(

(Now CDS, are different... I've spent 1000s on those, since I can play them anywhere ^^;... region restrictions are horrible for the industry, and the stupidist thing I've ever heard of -_-...)
Old 2004-02-01, 03:32   Link #402
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier
Exactly!!
If we just download and never buy, their profit margins will go down (the creators)... and we'll end up with less great anime. If we show em what we like with our $$$, we'll get more of that, guarenteed!

I say buy the R2's especially, because they're the ones that CREATE the anime...

I'll never support R1 companies with my money... {I really dislike the butchering they do to the anime... this is just my opinion, so....}

I'd buy R2s more often, but since my DVD player is FU***** R1 only, I hate to buy R2 DVDs, because I have to encode them on my computer first or REburn them... which is just stupid =(

(Now CDS, are different... I've spent 1000s on those, since I can play them anywhere ^^;... region restrictions are horrible for the industry, and the stupidist thing I've ever heard of -_-...)
Trust me, you don't want to end up spending the amount I am spending for our regions' DVDs.
Old 2004-02-01, 04:51   Link #403
Lucier
Lunar Translator

I probably don't =P...

+ I'd have to pay for importing them to my country >.> (more costs)...

Thank God that I can get raws through a certain program still...
Hopefully it'll continue working well (unlike godsloop T_T...) until I get a chance to goto Japan and watch stuff on air O_O...

*envies kj cauz he lives in Japan... ^^;
Old 2004-02-01, 06:07   Link #404
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
OK, Ep 14 was just plain weird... Like the girls said in the end of the episode, what the heck just happen?!?

I guess the only way to explain it is that
Spoiler:

Oh is it just me or has Yuuna's IQ dropped a few hundred points ever since Ep 12? She seems like even more of an airhead than before now...
Weird indeed, episode 14 was like splat in the face and everything has changed a lot. I also have to agree that Yuuna is starting to look like an airhead..me thinks the directors are running out of ideas for this anime. I get this feeling like the plot is going to go down hill now, but the weird siblings are a nice twist.
Old 2004-02-01, 12:08   Link #405
Flippy
Hey look behind you!!Haha

Man I feel stupid, sorry about the link I posted a page back....I thought that Maburaho was a series was still unlicensed...oh well at least you guys where able to figure out that the episode was avaliable on line and get to see it....I'm going to d/l it in a few minutes...should be an interesting series now that he's well not in the same "state" as he was during episodes 1-12.
Old 2004-02-01, 13:15   Link #406
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

now that kazuki is a ghost it is boring and mediocre again, yuna is back to her old whiney self and kazuki is boring as usual
Old 2004-02-01, 13:20   Link #407
Flippy

^ You should make that post a spoiler...it gives away alittle to much info

Last edited by Flippy; 2004-02-01 at 20:33.
Old 2004-02-01, 17:19   Link #408
Mao-Yenrai
Juppon Gatana

Send a message via AIM to Mao-Yenrai
Boo

Spoilers ahead

This series has totally lost my interest. They should just have ended it with ep 12. I definately agree that kazuki being a ghost adds nothing. Especially since the characteres haven't developed at all since rin found out she actually likes kazuki. and that was like ep 7?
Old 2004-02-01, 18:27   Link #409
Tellu54
Banned

I think after episode 7 was when it REALLY started to suck. Honestly I have no more interest in it. If S-C ever gets 11 and 12 out I'll TL 13 like I'm obligated to, but until then eh.
Old 2004-02-01, 19:36   Link #410
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao-Yenrai
Spoiler:
(and other people saying similar things)

Wow, the series sucked after episode 7? What about episodes 11 & 12? And as for what's happening now... I'm still willing to give them a chance, at least... I'm not that demanding that I can't put up with a few disappointing episodes...

Spoiler:

Anyways, as I said, I'm still giving this one a chance. I think they may very well get out of this so-called slump, because I know there's a lot more plot to cover. I do wonder, though, if they perhaps did spread this series out too much, as others have indicated. The characters seem to be stuck on "reset" mode, some of them almost permanently, which can be somewhat annoying. But, I want to believe that they're going to "get there someday" by the end of the series.

P.S. I've started watching Yumeria recently too, and it's a lot of fun also and in some ways similar to Maburaho. So, if you're bored and looking for something else, give it a try! Mone!
Old 2004-02-01, 19:41   Link #411
LinChoiSin

i also think that the show is quite boring since a couple of episodes but i 'm sure that it'll soon regain some pace!
Old 2004-02-01, 19:47   Link #412
Mirror_ID

I've become rather bored with Maburaho as of late as well. ara ara... Kagari (keep's mabu tl) and I have been talking about it in regards to the book. It's rather different.
Old 2004-02-01, 21:15   Link #413
Flippy

Hey I went to Chinatown today and I found a Maburaho DVD!!!!! It had episodes 1-8....

Last edited by Flippy; 2004-02-05 at 16:07.
Old 2004-02-02, 01:53   Link #414
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flippy
Hey I went to Chinatown today and I found a Maburaho DVD!!!!! I had episodes 1-8....
Yay, you found a bootleg .
Old 2004-02-02, 17:02   Link #415
Dagnabbit

lol @ above

Anyway, eps 13 and 14 were 'meh'. Yuuna's my fave character, but holy crap was she a moron in ep 14. There's been no character development at all among the girls for the past half dozen episodes (I think Kuriko and Rin are in the exact same emotional spots with Kazuki as they were after their respective episodes of starting to like him). Akai sensei = Shino's brother? All right then. He warned them against "ghost maniacs", then has one of them work with him, when she's trying to capture Kazuki? bah, whatever.

At least there are a few good plot elements that should be interesting when they're wrapped up. In the next 10 episodes, somehow, Kazuki has to get turned back into a human (I assume), and he has to end up with one of the girls (Yuuna I assume), which also means that the other two will have to have whatever feelings they have for him resolved (I assume again). And who knows, maybe Yuuna will become normal again, after she cracks open her head and lets all the air out.

Still a pretty cool series with some good ol' toss-yer-head-in-the-gutter-then-rip-it-back-out-again humor, but I think this one would've been better if cut down to 13 eps.
Old 2004-02-02, 20:05   Link #416
LinChoiSin

for once i'd like to see a show in which we can't predict who's gonna end up with the main character cause i'd really be surprised if Kazuki doesn't fall in love with Yuuna at the end.
Old 2004-02-02, 20:53   Link #417
wireless
Regular Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinChoiSin
for once i'd like to see a show in which we can't predict who's gonna end up with the main character cause i'd really be surprised if Kazuki doesn't fall in love with Yuuna at the end.
You should take a look at Kimi ga Nozomu Eien then. Great drama series.
IMO Kazuki is way too dumb to realize his feelings (if any) for any of the girls. Why would he avoid having sex with these girls anyway eh? Also, every time that he used his magic to save the girls from trouble, his reason would be "helping out" or "being a good friend" or something completely non-emotional like that. When he saved Yuuna his reason was "because he hadn't done anything for her." Sounds like he was just returning a favor to me; in a noble way, no doubt, but there seemed to be little emotion involved. I noticed that he didn't bother to defend himself when Yuuna was mad at him too.
Spoiler:

I agree with the rest of the folks here that Yuuna has gotten a lot dumber/shallower in recent episodes. She used to be the level headed one (kinda) but now she's wacko like the other two.
Old 2004-02-02, 21:08   Link #418
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

If evil-Yuuna makes a reappearance, then all the suckiness shall be forgiven
Old 2004-02-03, 02:53   Link #419
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
If evil-Yuuna makes a reappearance, then all the suckiness shall be forgiven
Yeah, I rather see the evil Yuuna in the anime than the new one and the evil one sounds like Acrueid.
Old 2004-02-04, 15:55   Link #420
Melchiorus
Black Panther

Episode 15 :

Spoiler:

Last edited by Melchiorus; 2004-02-08 at 09:50.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, fantasy, harem, shounen