AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-17, 10:07   Link #1721
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You don't need to listen to Truth to figure it out. We saw in the very first episode why Secrets need to be beaten. When Scub Corals appear, a Secret also appears seeking out a Scub Coral outcropping to initiate a Scub Burst, which causes massive destruction around them.

In episode 13 it’s mentioned that Eureka was the first to show that the Secrets can be defeated and that in the past mankind could do little about Scub Bursts and accepted them as natural.
As for children being the only ones that can pilot IFO’s, I’m going to hazard a guess and say that’s one of the darker secrets of Generation Bleu which they’ve been hinted at having. Elena is someone who has a connection with Eureka was possibly raised in a facility where she was experimented on. Fleur is someone we know has been under the operating table at least once and Ao can see trapar (as well as being Eureka’s son).

In episode 11 is was revealed that people that are born near a Scub Burst have had their brain structure altered by the Scub and that this is linked to how they can fly IFO’s. It was also hinted that they were kept in facilities where they were studied.

Ofcourse Scub Bursts have been around for longer so there must be adults who have the mutation as well but since Blanc explains the facility as well, I’m guessing that’s a major hint the children who can pilot IFO’s have been experimented on and they just don’t want anyone to know (Blanc also mentions that it's not well known that children were kept in facilities).
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 11:54   Link #1722
ReddyRedWolf

There have been parallels between the squads in Gen Bleu and Dewey's Ageha squad. Difference is Dewey is crazy and he would use them to kill opposition. Gen Bleu makes cash out of stopping disasters while almost felling good about it. Kids being pilots are a snag.

Though from Ao's flashback that band Eureka has she used to make Nirvash familiar with him. So it could be argued IFO heavily based on Mark I has a preference to children due to Eureka.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 12:02   Link #1723
Destined_Fate

I look at it like this. The only ones that can pilot the IFO's are children because they were modified in some way at a young age when they were still growing. Wouldn't really be as effective to try and do the same to a fully grown adult now would it and apparantly the kid pilots have been modified to pilot for most of their lives. So it isn't that only children can pilot IFO's it's just that the only ones that can all happen to be modified children that haven't grown up yet. I don't see them suddenly not being able to pilot when they reach adulthood and nothing has said that would be the case either so far.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 18:51   Link #1724
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
There have been parallels between the squads in Gen Bleu and Dewey's Ageha squad. Difference is Dewey is crazy and he would use them to kill opposition. Gen Bleu makes cash out of stopping disasters while almost felling good about it. Kids being pilots are a snag.

Though from Ao's flashback that band Eureka has she used to make Nirvash familiar with him. So it could be argued IFO heavily based on Mark I has a preference to children due to Eureka.
Dewey had a bunch of children working for him because they are fanatically loyal (and possibly other reasons, if you take the movie's characterization into account). Given what he was up to, he didn't want anyone turning on him until the last second.

Gen Bleu's pilots being kids must have more meaning behind it than just a quirk of the IFOs, given that we've seen American IFOs with adult pilots.
Old 2012-07-17, 18:58   Link #1725
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Dewey had a bunch of children working for him because they are fanatically loyal (and possibly other reasons, if you take the movie's characterization into account). Given what he was up to, he didn't want anyone turning on him until the last second.

Gen Bleu's pilots being kids must have more meaning behind it than just a quirk of the IFOs, given that we've seen American IFOs with adult pilots.
The demented children in E7 TV were war orphans that Dewey rescued, which is why they were fanatically loyal to him.

As for the IFOs that GenBleu uses, they mentioned back a few episodes that very few are able to fly the true IFOs they use. This ties in to who Elena actually is (which we don't know yet). Since only a few are actually capable of flying the true IFOs, they use them. That they need to be roughly in the same age range as Eureka/Anemone shouldn't be lost on anyone.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 01:11   Link #1726
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
As for the IFOs that GenBleu uses, they mentioned back a few episodes that very few are able to fly the true IFOs they use.
This is something I also want the show to explain.
Aren't IFOs based on Renton's design of the new Nirvash? Which is mechanical?
In which case... What is the reason for that exactly? Aren't they just simple aircrafts in that case with no ties to scub?
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 03:10   Link #1727
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
This is something I also want the show to explain.
Aren't IFOs based on Renton's design of the new Nirvash? Which is mechanical?
In which case... What is the reason for that exactly? Aren't they just simple aircrafts in that case with no ties to scub?
Something tells me Eureka imparted Compact Drive to this world. In E7 most of their tech relies on Compact drives to exploit the benefits of their environment.

This is why there is a boom in commercial and military technology compared to 10 years before. Scub coral and its trapar is the new oil.

But as stated by the Americans they can't figure out the third engine. I suspect Renton made revolution based on his father's Amita drive technology.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:05   Link #1728
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Something tells me Eureka imparted Compact Drive to this world. In E7 most of their tech relies on Compact drives to exploit the benefits of their environment.
You mean, IFOs have a Compact Drive embedded?
That said, I do remember something along the lines of Konpaku Reactor written on the screen of Ao's Nirvash in Episode 2, but... Weren't Konpaku drives needed to communicate with archetypes? Uhhh, whatever. It's science.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:22   Link #1729
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
You mean, IFOs have a Compact Drive embedded?
That said, I do remember something along the lines of Konpaku Reactor written on the screen of Ao's Nirvash in Episode 2, but... Weren't Konpaku drives needed to communicate with archetypes? Uhhh, whatever. It's science.
Not necessarily it is even used on machines such as motorcycles. From what Norb said Conpact Drives are amplifiers of the planet's thoughts, which are trapar waves.

We learn here that trapar here has a physiological effect on children. Perhaps less noticeable in adults.

Looks to me that the Scub learned its mistakes and aren't rendering people around compact drives in a coma absorbing their consciousness, Desperation Disease.

But it seems there are side effects in the case of Naru.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:39   Link #1730
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post

I think this will tie in with that picture of "something" in the basement of the GenBlue headquarters. If it is what most fans of the original think it is then it might have been secretly behind some of the tech of current IFOs and as such would explain a bit the whole "needs kids" thing (but not quite, we'll still have to wait and see).
Old 2012-07-19, 13:51   Link #1731
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Just saw the Funimation stream and one thing occurred to me; Naru's powers (as mentioned in some of the supplementary/promotional material) include being a medium for the dead IIRC. So I think that's why Ao saw her briefly and then what looked like an astral projection of Eureka, Naru was channeling her. Although the clothing that Eureka was wearing looked like some of the clothes in Ao's flashbacks so I don't know if Naru was channeling something from 10 years ago (right before she helped out the military take down the Scub Coral) or if she was channeling her from another dimension.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 14:15   Link #1732
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Oh god this newest episode.
So much has happened.

I'll just say this for now.
New OP is pretty cool.
And a certain someone's got a degree in badass it seems.
Old 2012-07-19, 14:31   Link #1733
Yusei Fudo
Banned

So... why did Nirvash go abandoning Eureka? O_o

And don't tell me that is Renton in the OP o.O
Yusei Fudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 14:41   Link #1734
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Can't really say anything about the episode itself until the subs come out but...

Think I'll quote Daniel Lind on the OP - someone has earned a degree in badass

In addition (in the OP), is it just me or does it seem like Ao's Nirvash is doing battle with...the original Nirvash? And if it is...why?
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 14:42   Link #1735
webkid94
*Author

Love how the new OP clearly is modeled after E7's first op but...*sigh* Renton's coming back is all but assured, I mean who else could that dude be next to Eureka? I just hope he matured a lot...I hope. If he does, I'll definitely call this sequel/whatever it is a success as Renton was a bit unbearable to watch in the first series (in my opinion)

Will rewatch with subs, but good to see Naru getting the spotlight. Also great to see Elena finally show a different attitude besides her otaku tendencies, hope she's somehow related to Anemone.

Last edited by webkid94; 2012-07-19 at 14:57. Reason: personal opinion
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 14:46   Link #1736
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
as Renton was the biggest weakness of the first series.
The character who had the most involved growing arc is a weakness of his own series?
You guys have a blurry perception of the dude.
Old 2012-07-19, 14:51   Link #1737
webkid94
*Author

Quote:
The character who had the most involved growing arc is a weakness of his own series?
You guys have a blurry perception of the dude.
Sorry, but I never liked Renton. His actions make sense and all (and he did have a couple of awesome moments), but personally I just do not like him. Just a personal thing. Perhaps I should clarify it as "personal opinion" then a "weakness".
Old 2012-07-19, 14:58   Link #1738
miketyson

This isn't a paint-by-the-numbers sequel that's for sure. I think almost nothing that happened today was much speculated on leading up to it, which is a sign the writers are very good at not going with the obvious route (and even when they do, they do it in ways you don't quite see coming.

As an fyi: this is an episode that has a lot happening but it's the kind of stuff you will want the subs for if you usually need subs. At least for me it's still on par with the past few episodes and thus the show's staying strong for now.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 15:00   Link #1739
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by webkid94 View Post
Love how the new OP clearly is modeled after E7's first op but...*sigh* Renton's coming back is all but assured, I mean who else could that dude be next to Eureka? I just hope he matured a lot...I hope. If he does, I'll definitely call this sequel/whatever it is a success as Renton was a bit unbearable to watch in the first series (in my opinion)

Will rewatch with subs, but good to see Naru getting the spotlight. Also great to see Elena finally show a different attitude besides her otaku tendencies, hope she's somehow related to Anemone.
While it's logical to assume that the guy in the OP is Renton - his hair color and clothes colors look like those of Dominic in his army uniform(black and red)
Old 2012-07-19, 15:04   Link #1740
webkid94
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
While it's logical to assume that the guy in the OP is Renton - his hair color and clothes colors look like those of Dominic in his army uniform(black and red)
That's true, I didn't consider that. Would love for that to happen as Dominic was probably the most under-rated character, really shined near the end of the first series IMO.

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen