AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-05-17, 11:09   Link #61
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca
whooooa I love Disgaea, raising your own demon army is so much fun.

Specially unleashing the Prinny invasion on Earth. hahaha take that you silly human. ^^
Cannot wait for La Pucelle. >_<
WHOA!!! you can unleash your own demon army and you can also conquer EARTH!!! WOW!!!... anyway... I wonder wat kind of game is this anyway... is it a strategy game???
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 11:27   Link #62
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
WHOA!!! you can unleash your own demon army and you can also conquer EARTH!!! WOW!!!... anyway... I wonder wat kind of game is this anyway... is it a strategy game???
Yup that's Disgaea, it's a strategy game, where you play the role of a demon Prince and his goal basically to become the highest demon Lord. And the fastest way to achieve that is by taking out other demond Lords in the vicinity of his realm and take over their resource. Basically he's very bad. ^^

You can build your army from monsters and demons anyway you like. ^^

And on one of the scenario you can actually open a portal to Earth and invade Earth. ^^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 14:02   Link #63
Kiyoshi Izumi
I can't dance with Arrows

Send a message via AIM to Kiyoshi Izumi
Disgaea is an awsome game, and so is La Pucelle. I think the battle systems are great in both and the gameplay is very well thought out ^_^
Kiyoshi Izumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 16:18   Link #64
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
No, killing your characters does not effect the ending although going into the darkworld and beating a very strong overlord does . I beat the game recently and I got the regular ending. The really sad thing about it is that there's no New Game + !!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh~ Now I have to start from the beginning and get the good/special endings for each chapter and later on go into the darkworld/cave of trials and start leveling up like crazy.

Oh ya, I beat the game finally. Prier at around level 42 with around 500 attack power on my favorite characters... Eclair is fun! I beat it in around... 23 hours or so but I'm certain my next play through will take me much longer.

Spoiler:

So how do you get her in Disgaea? I should go back and try to get her. Man I haven't been able to play this game much but today I got the day off so its catch up time.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 22:18   Link #65
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
So how do you get her in Disgaea? I should go back and try to get her. Man I haven't been able to play this game much but today I got the day off so its catch up time.
She's the boss of Alt. Netherworld, it can be unlock from the Dark Assembly.

She becomes your vassal if you defeat her. ^^
Old 2004-05-18, 12:42   Link #66
noir maou_sama

Man, Slade, you seriously beat it already? Here I am at 50 hours and only on chapter 8. Geuss I should just plow through the game instead of leveling up like I'm doing. Shame there's no clear game+ like Disgaea. Would've made all this time leveling up worth something. At least I should get a good ending seeing that I've gotten the good ending on every chapter. Just wanted to ask if people kept their monsters or dumped them the moment they saw higher ranked ones. I'm referring to, for example, when you have a bear monster and then see a stronger bear monster with stats that puts yours almost to shame. I geuss there's the advantage of them having skills, but the other one will have better stats in the long run, right? So far, I've kept mine because I didn't think I'd want to have them learn the skills over.
noir maou_sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 13:13   Link #67
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by noir maou_sama
Man, Slade, you seriously beat it already? Here I am at 50 hours and only on chapter 8. Geuss I should just plow through the game instead of leveling up like I'm doing. Shame there's no clear game+ like Disgaea. Would've made all this time leveling up worth something. At least I should get a good ending seeing that I've gotten the good ending on every chapter. Just wanted to ask if people kept their monsters or dumped them the moment they saw higher ranked ones. I'm referring to, for example, when you have a bear monster and then see a stronger bear monster with stats that puts yours almost to shame. I geuss there's the advantage of them having skills, but the other one will have better stats in the long run, right? So far, I've kept mine because I didn't think I'd want to have them learn the skills over.
Ya, I usually like to plow through a game relatively quickly when I play it for the first time so I can pretty much get everything the 2nd time through.

About the monster business, if I wanted to purify and gain a stronger class, I'd have to recycle my monsters constantly. I did replace my bear at near end of the game when I spotted a bear with stats equal to my bear's with good equipment while he wore nothing. That's pretty much the only one I've replaced in my playthrough. I use a box thing to up my strength before I attack head on most of the time, I have a pumpkin with a very powerful Laser ability and a fairly powerful bat that I taught heal.

Oh, a thing you should know is that if your monster's happiness is at 10(max) they can use the purify command(given that it's weak but still, any purify helps). Also, in the train feature, if you upgrade your monsters 3 bars relatively high and they're pretty strong you can send them to the underworld and they'll find and send items to you over the chapters. So, if you happen to gain a high level monster you don't plan on using, train it well and send it to the underworld to get some good items .

Oh, in chapters 4(the whale one) if you manage to actually beat the whale you'll earn a very, very powerful shoes that gives you defense along with +4 to move. If you don't think you need the +4 to move(you do) you can sell it for a very, very LARGE sum of money to buy gear with.

I'll put in some more stuff I find out as I figure em out ^__^;;
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 21:57   Link #68
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
No, killing your characters does not effect the ending although going into the darkworld and beating a very strong overlord does . I beat the game recently and I got the regular ending. The really sad thing about it is that there's no New Game + !!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh~ Now I have to start from the beginning and get the good/special endings for each chapter and later on go into the darkworld/cave of trials and start leveling up like crazy.

Oh ya, I beat the game finally. Prier at around level 42 with around 500 attack power on my favorite characters... Eclair is fun! I beat it in around... 23 hours or so but I'm certain my next play through will take me much longer.

Spoiler:
About Laharl and Crew:

Spoiler:
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 00:28   Link #69
mah_damey

Quote:
Oh ya, I beat the game finally. Prier at around level 42 with around 500 attack power on my favorite characters...
you can beat the game with only 500?.. my prieres only lvl 36 n has 511 atk.. you must not spoil her as much as i do..

Quote:
So, if you happen to gain a high level monster you don't plan on using, train it well and send it to the underworld to get some good items .

Oh, in chapters 4(the whale one) if you manage to actually beat the whale you'll earn a very, very powerful shoes that gives you defense along with +4 to move. If you don't think you need the +4 to move(you do) you can sell it for a very, very LARGE sum of money to buy gear with.

I'll put in some more stuff I find out as I figure em out ^__^;;
yea i did that whale thing.. those shoes rock.. course i gave them to prier cuz i give her everything. n the monster thing.. i sent in a happiness 10 monmster with max stats in everything n he freakin died in a battle! he was like lvl 22 too... after all my hardwork.. i got a energy candy or something useless lke that from his ded body... hopefully my other monsters will get me better stuff..
did anyone notice that when u play a map over and over and over again, higher lvl monsters sometimes popped out? like i was gettin lvl 40s n my highest lvl char, prier of course, was only lvl 30ish.. well anyhoo thats how i lvled prier. does anyone else spoil prier like crazy? i always leave the the bosses and high lvl monsters for her to redempt to death, i always make her perform the miracles, not one other person has done one yet besides prier in all my hours, and i get myself broke buying juss her stuff..
n to that guy who didnt kno how to get money, sometimes, when u do a survey thing, the shop ppl ask you what you want for the next battle, choose triple the money. then go to a rlly good map to lvl on n where its easy to make a shit load of miracles, like in the forest, the forest of judgment i think, that was a rlly good one for earlier lvls. later on i think that option ggoes away.. i havent been asked that in awhile. but you can still purify the drak portals, n can give you rlly good stuff. i got like 4 imperials, 2 shroom staffs, 3 poison knuckes, and a 2 knuckle hands from purifying the dark portals, which saves a shit load of money. also when high lvl monsters pop up, they sometimes come equipped with stuff arldy. you can kill them n u can get one of their items, or u can try n convert them, then take their stuff n use it or sell it off n send him to the dark world, unless you wanna use him.

Last edited by mah_damey; 2004-05-19 at 00:55.
mah_damey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 09:29   Link #70
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by mah_damey
you can beat the game with only 500?.. my prieres only lvl 36 n has 511 atk.. you must not spoil her as much as i do..
Indeed that you can, I actually spoiled the last character that joins your party because that character has skills that can do over 1000 damage in one shot easily. Other than that character all of my characters are very balanced in terms of strength.

Eclair is alot of fun to use and I gave her alot of good skills because many of her skills can be used against multiple enemies and do fairly good damage.

I don't suggest spoiling one character too much because later on you will face monsters that can kill you in one-two attacks max. If your spoiled character dies, you would be at a huge disadvantage.

Oh, I beat the last boss with one character alive, and no character left to send. It was a close battle indeed .
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-19, 16:30   Link #71
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I usually spoiled prier too but I buy alot of sleepyhammers, those thing are really useful. ^^ I equip 3 of them on my bears each. ^^

Those sleepyhammers are handy and make the battle easier for me. ^^
Old 2004-05-21, 09:40   Link #72
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

A new La Pucelle fan joining in the discussions!

I purchased the game two days ago and finished it at about 20 hours, though it's just for storyline purposes, so leveling up and to an insane number like I did in Disgaea wasn't my main priority in the first round, as was ignoring the dark world and portals, which I will get to the second time around. What was, of course, remarkable about this game was its story. I loved history, so finding out the settings of this game was a pleasant surprise.

As for the whole La Pucelle romance issue goes, despite its subtle context...

Spoiler:

The gameplay isn't so bad, but because I've played (and owned) Disgaea first, my opinion on La Pucelle's battle system is fairly biased. Argh. >_<

I don't mind the spoilers, really, but how would the ending be like if Prier became the Overlord? I've heard people claiming about an alternate ending to the final chapter, and I'm curious as to how this goes.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 10:30   Link #73
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis
The gameplay isn't so bad, but because I've played (and owned) Disgaea first, my opinion on La Pucelle's battle system is fairly biased. Argh. >_<
I tought the battle system in this one is more loose than Disgaea, you can equip 4 shoes, move somewhere really far and then switch to 4 weapons and start kicking butts. It's kinda mess up in my opinion lol. It almost feel like cheating. ^^

Oh and not to mention you can combine those weapons to make it even stronger. ^^
Old 2004-05-22, 18:22   Link #74
mah_damey

Quote:
Oh and not to mention you can combine those weapons to make it even stronger. ^^
??? combine weapons?
Old 2004-05-22, 21:09   Link #75
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
??? combine weapons?
When you send a monster in to the dark world, if they wearing some equipments, it all got combined into 1 item, but there is a condition that the items has to have some levels in it and the monster has to be strong enough to improve the item.

So I've been upgrading that weapon i've been using now has 90% special attack, 90% sleep, 90% poison, 100% Purify, ^^ has fire wind heal holy elements and has 173 def base and other stats. I'm still adding stuffs to it. ^^
Old 2004-05-23, 02:34   Link #76
mah_damey

Quote:
When you send a monster in to the dark world, if they wearing some equipments, it all got combined into 1 item, but there is a condition that the items has to have some levels in it and the monster has to be strong enough to improve the item.

So I've been upgrading that weapon i've been using now has 90% special attack, 90% sleep, 90% poison, 100% Purify, ^^ has fire wind heal holy elements and has 173 def base and other stats. I'm still adding stuffs to it. ^^
how do u kno its gonna be a weapon or an armor or sumthing
Old 2004-05-23, 02:51   Link #77
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
how do u kno its gonna be a weapon or an armor or sumthing
The items usually merge to the top one.

Say I send a bat monster into the dark world. And he's wearing a glove, armor, shoes and staff. The final product will be a glove. If you switch the top item with the armor, the final product will be that armor and the atributes from the other items.

It was kinda cheezy because you can pick any starting item and turn it into a godly weapon.

I'm stil working on my ultimate Kitty Punch. ^^
Old 2004-05-23, 15:38   Link #78
mah_damey

Quote:
The items usually merge to the top one.

Say I send a bat monster into the dark world. And he's wearing a glove, armor, shoes and staff. The final product will be a glove. If you switch the top item with the armor, the final product will be that armor and the atributes from the other items.

It was kinda cheezy because you can pick any starting item and turn it into a godly weapon.

I'm stil working on my ultimate Kitty Punch. ^^
whoooaa coool... do the monster's stats affect the attributes of it too?
Old 2004-05-23, 15:41   Link #79
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
whoooaa coool... do the monster's stats affect the attributes of it too?
I think so too, usually when my items got stronger, I had to start using higher lvl monster too.
Old 2004-05-26, 14:46   Link #80
JediNight
キズランダム

I came here to ask a question and find it partially answered already. I was wondering how the Combining worked, and you answered it. Although does it just combine the magical effects, or if you put in like a 40Def item and a 30Def item after that, it will give you back a 70Def item? And by leveled, do you mean physical level, or the training bars? (And what do the training bars really do? Haven't seen them affect anything really)

My main things I've been wondering now though are, are the items in the dark world really worth getting? Seems they have crappy stats, and are only worthwhile for their magic and stat effects. So are they just meant to be for Combining onto other items? Like Mediocre Boots or the Bad Ring, etc.... pretty crappy besides the effects.
And is Combining Dark world items better than Combining normal items? Like will giving them Mediocre boots make them get you back "Good boots" or something?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote